Speculation: 2013 Leafs Trades, Proposals, and Free Agent Talk XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I love prospects like Monahan and Lindholm whom are to be available at 5. But is it worth giving up a potential top pairing guy in Reilly and a 2nd line pivot and penalty killer in a Gauthier, or 50 goal scorer with high hockey IQ like Mantha? No dice.

I don't think we a chance at Mantha at 21. I highly doubt it. I think anywhere from 9 to 15 at the absolute highest.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Maybe Nonis is talking to the Canes about Skinner

Nick KypreosVerified account ‏@RealKyper

Other names coming off 1st yr deals being dropped in #NHL trade talk besides #Bruins Seguin, #Canes Skinner #Sabres Myers. #veryfewofflimits

If Nonis could pick up Skinner AND Myers, I'd be over the moon!

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
I personally think trading Rielly for Monahan is worth it. I like Rielly a lot but I have this feeling that Monahan is going to be a better player for his role and this team. It would be best of course if we can keep Rielly and get Monahan.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Oddly, Reilly would go about 5th this year.

After Mackinnon,Drouin,Jones,Barkov then Reilly would come into play. We put too much into position but each draft is different.This is one of the strongest drafts I can recall.But Alexander Daigle was first one year. I even wonder if Yakupov would go top 4 this year.

I doubt Nonnis trades Reilly but Gardiner for Skinner...intriguing.

Blockbuster:Gardiner,Franson and 21st for Skinner and the 5th.Jones falls to 5th.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
the only reason why Carolina sucked this year was because they were decimated by injuries, why would they take reilly? No Rielly, No Gardiner, except for Mackinnon. The. End.

jmart21

MISC!!!
Nov 16, 2009
All Over The Place
After Mackinnon,Drouin,Jones,Barkov then Reilly would come into play. We put too much into position but each draft is different.This is one of the strongest drafts I can recall.But Alexander Daigle was first one year. I even wonder if Yakupov would go top 4 this year.

I doubt Nonnis trades Reilly but Gardiner for Skinner...intriguing.

Blockbuster:Gardiner,Franson and 21st for Skinner and the 5th.Jones falls to 5th.

Cool story bro.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Nick Kypreos @RealKyper
One of #Canes many offers to trade down for #5th pick comes from #Sabres at 8th. Swap would cost Sabres one of their D man. Myers?

ThreeHundred

Mar 23, 2011
Las Vegas
When have we traded for a top 5 pick, outside of moving up two spots for Schenn?

I mean trading prospects generally speaking. He hasn't played a game in the NHL and we wanna trade him already? Lets not do this again unless its something very very good. remember Tuuka Rask

Phatic

Aug 2, 2011
No, I really think he would have been much lower in the draft this year.

What are you basing this off of: his injured season or this year? Because based on his performance this year I'd say he would be battling jones and Mac for 1st overall~

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
So Crosby, Malkin, Letang all set up with massive amounts of money, even with the cap rising, that screams trouble because right now they've got 18 players and about 7 million to play with...man oh man.

I think that'll come back and bite them one day, mind you they are great players but..........

TMLFAN4LIFE

Dec 11, 2006
No, I really think he would have been much lower in the draft this year.

I'm not so sure man. Who would you rather have, Darnell Nurse or Morgan Reilly? Nurse is the closest ranked dman to the #5 pick this year... Personally I go with Reilly still, and I pray to God we don't move him today.

91Kadri91*

If the Leafs were to acquire the fifth overall pick, I fail to see why Nichushkin shouldn't be the pick (assuming none of the big-4 are available).

Always, always select the best player available.

Phatic

Aug 2, 2011
Somebody punch Kypreos in the head again, his head needs to be righted. That's is just utterly Pejorative Slured.

What, you don't like the idea of moving up 3 spots at the expense of a top 4 Dman? I'd be all over that if I were Buff :sarcasm:

AlbertaLeafFan31

Feb 5, 2013
If we were to trade up and get 5. Gardiner and Biggs and maybe a 2/3 round pick. Would you trade down to buffalo to get there 2 picks and get Domi and Horvat. Sounds like were high on Domi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad