Speculation: 2013 Leafs Trades, Proposals, and Free Agent Talk XXI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawaiinleaf

Jan 4, 2011
Honolulu
Lets look at this Canes 5th to Toronto deal

Canes want a top 4D not a goalie nor a forward...

Phaneuf + Finn/Percy for 5th...

That's more than fair deal for a player that will likely not play for the Leafs next season...

Leafs will be forced to sign Scuderi almost certainly as a starter..

Leafs will have to trade for another top 4 D as well but they will have the cap space now available to do this with Phaneuf gone..

OR

Put a huge offer on for Pietr 8.499m
2 1sts
1 2nd
1 3rd

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
@DarrenDreger reporting strong chance that Toronto Maple Leafs could move up into Top 5. Have had some discussion with Carolina Hurricanes.

Reported by @TSN1050radio

Dion, Blacker, Grabbo (leaf retain 1.5 million per) for #5 and Jeff Skinner. If only..........

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Lets look at this Canes 5th to Toronto deal

Canes want a top 4D not a goalie nor a forward...

Phaneuf + Finn/Percy for 5th...

That's more than fair deal for a player that will likely not play for the Leafs next season...

Leafs will be forced to sign Scuderi almost certainly as a starter..

Leafs will have to trade for another top 4 D as well but they will have the cap space now available to do this with Phaneuf gone..

Hilariously we will not be adding to Phaneuf to get the 5th overall. How can one even think that?

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Carolina has 3 offers for the 5th pick and expects to have 5 or 6 trade options to consider. Decision likely just before first selection.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
The difference between can't and won't.

You're off your rocker. So a 21 year old player can't improve? Buying out Seguin if he performed poorly next year? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Do I think Seguin will be a number one C? Not anymore.If I am a GM I would be worried about paying him $5.5 to be a 3rd line C.No way I give you a top 3 pick for Seguin.But if you did,they would soon call you off your rocker for giving up Drouin for him.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I'm not really worried about that.

1. Nonis has consistently said he wants to get younger, he's not trading young players

2. Carolina's motive is to get better now.

I can see them wanting roster players. We can do a combo of Franson, Kulemin etc plus the 21st. Could also be that Dion is in play

Yes I don't think they would have any interest in Reilly when Gardiner is already at the NHL level. Not that i don't think the Leafs wouldn't move Reilly in the right deal, just that there is no strong incentive for a club to move an unproven prospect for another unproven prospect. You don't normally trade a prospect to to get another one that might be a year closer. There is no way Gards is worth the #5 even up. I wonder what the plus would have to be.

Hawaiinleaf

Jan 4, 2011
Honolulu
Lets see trade 6.5m Phaneuf who is 29
+ Finn say

5th select Monahan

#1C problem solved..

Sign Scuderi to come in..

Put an offer to Pietro
8.499m

St Louis cannot afford to counter

Now we have our top D in Pietro
Now we have our top C in Monahan

Team is young and can gell in next 2 seasons...

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Lets see trade 6.5m Phaneuf who is 29
+ Finn say

5th select Monahan

#1C problem solved..

Sign Scuderi to come in..

Put an offer to Pietro
8.499m

St Louis cannot afford to counter

Now we have our top D in Pietro
Now we have our top C in Monahan

Team is young and can gell in next 2 seasons...

And no first round picks for 4 years? I think you need to reconsider your trade/movement proposals.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I wouldn't trade you JVR for Seguin.

JVR looks quite good actually with not a lot of risk,the fact they were both drafted second is where any similarity ends.I can see JVR scoring 40 goals even one year.Seguin may never be as good as Bozak, yet alone JVR.

I could see Nonnis offering Peteriangelo ,why not?

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Phaneuf is a rental.

I'd say Phaneuf and conditionals would be involved. You don't trade 5th. overall for a 1 year rental of the 11th. ranked defender. (Norris voting for reference)

They traded the 7th overall and Brandon Sutter for Jordan Staal, then signed him to an extension. I don't think he's the 11th ranked centre.

Hawaiinleaf

Jan 4, 2011
Honolulu
at 8.5m or more its 4 first rounders...

at 8.499m its

2 firsts both likely to be late firsts
1 2nd
1 3rd

For Pietro??? Hell Yeah...its a cap constrained window that will be gone soon and he is a 21 yr old top 2 D from Toronto

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Hilariously we will not be adding to Phaneuf to get the 5th overall. How can one even think that?

No kidding. Especially to a team that just traded an 8th overall, Sutter(24y/o) and a prospect for J Staal, technically a UFA.

I think if Nonis is shopping Phaneuf, it's because he knows what he wants for a contract and isn't sure if he wants to make that commitment. He may be thinking if he can get a long term upgrade, he might do that. But getting just the 5th is not gonna be a upgrade. At least not for another 5+ years if you think Nurse or Ristolainen is your guy and could be a better version of Dion.

BigMac*

JVR looks quite good actually with not a lot of risk,the fact they were both drafted second is where any similarity ends.I can see JVR scoring 40 goals even one year.Seguin may never be as good as Bozak, yet alone JVR.

:shakehead Seguin is better than Bozak. JVR is probably my favourite Leaf but he has never reached 67 pts.

Hawaiinleaf

Jan 4, 2011
Honolulu
Dealing Phaneuf will mean action must be taken to land top 2 D

Pietro makes enormous sense...we would have the most cap in the league available with Phaneuf gone

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 44s
Leafs and Canes have talked about 5th overall. Might cost Toronto Morgan Rielly as part of a package. Not close, but discussed. #TSN

araisarena

Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/Ann Arbor
Leafs and Canes have talked about 5th overall. Might cost Toronto Morgan Rielly as part of a package. Not close, but discussed. #TSN

No thanks. If they don't want Franson or Phaneuf and 21, keep everybody, take a centerman at 21 and keep building. Deep draft. Don't break the bank.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Its all just posturing. If the Leafs move up to 5th you can expect it won't include Reilly who holds more value this year then he did last year.

Azura

Nov 16, 2007

Hell no. I don't want to give up last year's fifth overall for this year's. What is the point of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad