Speculation: 2013 Leafs Trades, Proposals, and Free Agent Talk XXI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kb21

Dec 27, 2011
Toronto
what a terrible contract. if i were them i would of just waited for bryz to get bought out then bring him back for about 1-2M a season.

Last edited:

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
what a terrible contract. if i were them i would of just waited for bryz to get bought out then brought him back in for about 1-2M a season.

Yea, i just find it funny how a cash-strapped team is poorly allocating their money.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
@DarrenDreger: Smith's extension with the Coyotes is still being finalized. Sounds like closer to $5.7 per year x 6 yrs.

Oh Phoenix :shakehead

it's not like you are, you know, broke, practically homeless or anything.
that does not sound like a really good deal.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
:laugh:

What a poor allocation of money. I thought for sure Bryz was headed back to Phoenix with a big discount.

LOL yah, with all the money he's getting NOT to play, he could totally take a big discount.

seriously, though. that is so not a good deal. but they must have felt desperate to keep him.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/it_no_big_deal_BG7tyyjArZE1ieUGbvKX3J

The marquee names on the market will go elsewhere if they go anywhere during today’s NHL Entry Draft in New Jersey.

The Rangers could shuffle some chairs on the deck if they’re interested in dealing Michael Del Zotto for a defenseman of the stiffer variety whose cap hit is commensurate to No. 4’s $2.55 million, but the Blueshirts don’t have the necessary space available to pull off a blockbuster.

Neither do they own a surfeit of assets to sacrifice in order to make it worthwhile for a trade partner to assume up to half the cap charge of a player whom the Rangers might be interested in acquiring — say, someone like the Maple Leafs’ Dion Phaneuf, who has one year at $6.5 million remaining on his deal.

leafnationdisease

Jul 5, 2011
Okanagan
Going to be a Gonger (Gong show)

would you trade Gards plus our 1st and a prospect.....for....Seguin?

I love Gards and think he will become elite. Our 1st, meh....unless someone falls bad I doubt this pick is elite. A prospect? Depends....Biggs, no, Blacker or Jerry D'Amigo or Carter Ashton type prospect?

Does anyone do this and if Boston says no what about our first next year included?
So...........2 firsts, Gards and one of the above prospects?
Too much? As mentioned....going to be a Gonger. Most prob say no but......think it again...if he is available..........maybe go for it?
Pre draft daft....is all lol
(ps, anyone wanting to be a d*ck and jump this thread....chill the f out........going from 200 players being traded to....cricket chirp says I can do this with-out peeps freaking out.

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
No, no, no. Gardiner seems to get better every year. Seguin, well he showed promise, but he's just living off his speed and shot at this point and nothing more. Watched him down the stretch of the season and most of the playoffs, when the game got into a checking contest, he was no where to be seen. It's one thing if Kessel does that, but you can also expect Kessel to deliver when we need him to. Can't say the same about Seguin.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
NO.

I'd maybe say yes if it wasn't for this hip injury that Seguin has that is from some kind of hip problem he's always had. That scares me where in 4-5 years Seguin's NHL career could be done and Gardiner would be a top pairing guy.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Seguin is not what we require. If we can get someone like Sean Monahan, we should consider dealing Franson++. I think two elite offensive defenceman in Gards and Rielly is excellent.

Then again, there is a possibility that Franson may developed into a great two-way defenceman. However, if we want a core centre like Sean, we're going to have to give up big pieces.

deleteme24

Leafs for cup
Sep 20, 2009
Leafs Nation
DO. NOT. WANT. SEGUIN!

If I'm trading Gards, it's for a number 1 center (part of a package). We need to address this weakness and brining in a party boy winger won't help.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
DO. NOT. WANT. SEGUIN!

If I'm trading Gards, it's for a number 1 center (part of a package). We need to address this weakness and brining in a party boy winger won't help.

LOL. It'll NEVER happen, but what a ridiculous statement.

Seguin is the potential #1 Centre we've been needing since Sundin left. He may have been playing the wing in Boston because there was no room for him in the middle, but he IS a Centre, and has oodles of talent.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
DO. NOT. WANT. SEGUIN!

Thing is this is a 21 year old, in 4 years when he calms down you could be kicking yourself as he puts up 70 PTS a season.

I bet they may be looking at Gards, Franson, Colborne, 1st, JVR all as candidates at least, not saying all those players for Seguin.

In Reality I bet they would rather have the lower cost JVR on contract who is a former first and larger in stature and has years left for their team then smaller Seguin who allegedly has party (kid) issues.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
would you trade Gards plus our 1st and a prospect.....for....Seguin?

I love Gards and think he will become elite. Our 1st, meh....unless someone falls bad I doubt this pick is elite. A prospect? Depends....Biggs, no, Blacker or Jerry D'Amigo or Carter Ashton type prospect?

Does anyone do this and if Boston says no what about our first next year included?
So...........2 firsts, Gards and one of the above prospects?
Too much? As mentioned....going to be a Gonger. Most prob say no but......think it again...if he is available..........maybe go for it?
Pre draft daft....is all lol
(ps, anyone wanting to be a d*ck and jump this thread....chill the f out........going from 200 players being traded to....cricket chirp says I can do this with-out peeps freaking out.
or a yawner .....usually the flury of trades start about 9 am ,,,,,,,teams left offers to sleep on .......we ll see the leafs have dissapointed us too much to even count now
all i know is the same roster next year will be hard pressed to beat philly or detroit for the 7-8 spots in our conference ........just sayin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad