2013/2014 Minnesota Wild News and Notes - New Division and New Expectations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Why would we want to trade for Vanek? Can anybody explain why? Because it would be much better for this team to sign him in the offseason IMO.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Holy Batman!! Did someone say Brodin? Woooowww.. hold your horses Buffalo-dudes. At first it was all fun, you were throwing some random names forth and back.. But you have crossed the line. Right there. Nobody, I said NOBODY else, can never ever have Bacon. Baconator belongs to us. Heard me?! He's ours!! You can give us a thousand vaneks or million millers. No deal. Now go back proposing those irrational coyle-granlund-gus-zucker-nino and parise for vanek talks. At least they're funny. And lets agree that this discussion never happened. Sincerely yours..

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Since that link doesn't work, could someone explain the reasoning behind that trade proposal?

Billy Mays Here*

Just throwing an idea out there but would Yakupov be of interest to anyone here? I wouldn't mind a Russian player for once, and he's definitely a finisher, something we lack big time.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Just throwing an idea out there but would Yakupov be of interest to anyone here? I wouldn't mind a Russian player for once, and he's definitely a finisher, something we lack big time.

No and NO!

If Yak the superstar can't even get regular ice time in Deadmonton, than why the **** would we want him?

Please go back to being dead Billy Mays

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

Hell no. He's half a step out the door on the way to the KHL. No way I'd want to give up assets for him only for him to bolt within days.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Yakupov gets a lot of hate that he shouldn't. I'm not begging for him to come to the Wild though. He doesn't fit here.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
This team needs Coyle back in the worst way. In the meantime, I actually forgot tonight Veilleux was on this team till that penalty tonight, you can not possibly be more less impactful then he has in any facit of the game, get him out of here!

Call up E Haula and get him in the lineup.

Go: Parise-Koivu-Pominville
Haula-Granlund-Nino
Cooke-Brodz-Heatley
Fontaine-Konopka-Mitchell

Then as soon as Coyle gets back stick Heatley in the press box. Or Zucker, give Zucker another week in Houston and hopefully he gets his act together and call him up.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
This team needs Coyle back in the worst way. In the meantime, I actually forgot tonight Veilleux was on this team till that penalty tonight, you can not possibly be more less impactful then he has in any facit of the game, get him out of here!

Call up E Haula and get him in the lineup.

Go: Parise-Koivu-Pominville
Haula-Granlund-Nino
Cooke-Brodz-Heatley
Fontaine-Konopka-Mitchell

Then as soon as Coyle gets back stick Heatley in the press box. Or Zucker, give Zucker another week in Houston and hopefully he gets his act together and call him up.
Move one of Koivu or Parise down to the 2nd. ;)

Billy Mays Here*

The way I see it, there's only a handful of players that are set in stone in terms of what lines they should be on right now. The rest needs a shake-up.

Parise - ? - ?
? - ? - ?
Cooke - Brodziak - ?
? - ? - ?

pressbox: Heatley

Suter - Brodin
? - ?
Stoner - ?

Harding
Backstrom

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Move one of Koivu or Parise down to the 2nd. ;)

Actually yeah, scratch what I said, I'm worried Yeo won't beak up Parise and koivu but I will say if he doesn't to at least see what that would look like he could very well go down with that ship. Let's try this. Now I know this sounds crazy but two years again when Koivu and Heatley were our top line, they weren't terrible together. (Please let me know if i'm overthinking this), but I would like to see what this looks like:

Heatley-Koivu-Nino
Parise-Granlund-Pominville
Cooke-Brodziak-Haula
Fontaine-Konopka=Mitchell

I'm still expecting to see worthless Vielleux sent down and Haula at least up.

Puhis

Will accept caffeine.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I'd roll with:

Parise - Granlund - Pominville
Niederreiter - Koivu - Coyle
Cooke - Brodziak - Fontaine
Veilleux - Mitchell - Heatley

1st line has some good speed and they're not afraid to get creative. 2nd line has two promising youngsters and an excellent two-way C between them. Honestly, the cycle would be very difficult to stop. 3rd has worked really well, Cooke & Brodz are not afraid to hit and they play really solid D, and Fontaine brings great speed and shoot-first mentality to the line. 4th line would be Mitchell and Veilleux hanging on to their dear life while Heatley floats in the 40th dimension.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Actually yeah, scratch what I said, I'm worried Yeo won't beak up Parise and koivu but I will say if he doesn't to at least see what that would look like he could very well go down with that ship. Let's try this. Now I know this sounds crazy but two years again when Koivu and Heatley were our top line, they weren't terrible together. (Please let me know if i'm overthinking this), but I would like to see what this looks like:

Heatley-Koivu-Nino
Parise-Granlund-Pominville
Cooke-Brodziak-Haula
Fontaine-Konopka=Mitchell

I'm still expecting to see worthless Vielleux sent down and Haula at least up.

Heatley on the top line? Ewwww.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad