2013/2014 Minnesota Wild News and Notes - New Division and New Expectations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puhis

Will accept caffeine.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
what?! why the **** would we want Dubnyk? have you watched him play? That's without knowing what his contract is...Because it really doesn't matter, he's that awful.

Well, to be honest, I have no idea. And he makes 3,5 million.

Send him to Oilers and get something of value in return, and sign Bryz. It's not ideal, but hey.

Or just wait for Bäcks to get healthy and you know, back to form. He's not that bad.

Billy Mays Here*

Just throwing an idea out there. Bring in Bryz on a tryout with our AHL team and assess him. If he proves he can handle a starting role, sing him to a one year deal, trade Backs to Edmonton, and go from there.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
I'm a big Backstrom fan, but I am worried about his play and injury. He always plays better when Harding shows what he's got, but is his season over? Because if we are inquiring with Bryzgalov, then what the hell is going on? I think Bryzgalov is a good goalie thrown under the bus in Philly. Maybe he could win the vezina with us :sarcasm:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I'm a big Backstrom fan, but I am worried about his play and injury. He always plays better when Harding shows what he's got, but is his season over? Because if we are inquiring with Bryzgalov, then what the hell is going on? I think Bryzgalov is a good goalie thrown under the bus in Philly. Maybe he could win the vezina with us :sarcasm:

He was a Vezina runner up in Phoenix. He got slaughtered in Philly because that's what happens to goalies who play under Laviolette.

I think he would probably do fine anywhere except Philly or probably Edmonton.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Bryzgalov's lack of professionalism was the final straw that ultimately led to his demise in Philly, IMO.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Bryzgalov's lack of professionalism was the final straw that ultimately led to his demise in Philly, IMO.

The guy was ridiculed by the press day in and day out there. He obviously heard about that stuff, on the news, word of the mouth etc. He was put in a tough situation with high expectations and was shot down by the media and many fans. Blame the former coaching environment for that. Good to know that the guy is a human being, just like me and you.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Sports in philly are harsh period. You do good you're a hero. You do bad the next day you've got a mob with pitchforks and torches outside your door.

We're talking about a fandom that once pelted SANTA CLAUSE mercilessly with snowballs just to vent some frustration at how bad their Eagles were that year.

Philly fans and Philly media will eat anyone alive if they get the scent of blood.

Bryz would do fine here. I bet Russo would have some great interviews with him. And the media here wouldnt hound him.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I think Bäckström has been decent.. Sure, he can be better, but not bad by all means.

I still think we should ice Harding more. Like 45-50 games for Hards and 32-37 for Bäcks.

Jarick

Doing Nothing

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
No animosity with mike smith? The perpetually angry mike smith?

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I have to say, after waking up I think the Wild are going to be alright if they keep playing this possession game each night. I don't care that we lost 4-1, that will not be the case. I think that this game would have been much, much different had two soft goals not been let in. And all of us here would be praising how well the Wild played, how close it was even if we lost, and that the Earth isn't spiraling into the sun.

We have a challenge, again, with a speedy TB team with an elite duo. I hope that Ballard can play.

#CoyleWatch needs to come sooner :( he's a serious talent out there. Pair him with Grauchloof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad