2013/2014 Minnesota Wild News and Notes - New Division and New Expectations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
I would really like to know how they know this anyway.

Could honestly be pulling it out of their ass as I can't find it anywhere else and the Rangers have debunked it. It is intriguing though, especially if Backs is more hurt than is being released right now.
It will be interesting to see what he does in Vegas.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
What does out lineup look like when Rupp's healthy?

Side note: Breakfast with Bryzgalov sounds amazing.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Breakfast with The Universe, Bears, and Bryzgalov should be a morning show on some sports channel. I would watch it daily.

And this is the reason why I would want a Harding-Bryz tandem going for us. I really don't care how Bryz would play, but I really love the guys weirdness and attitude towards everything. Just enough of a nutjob.

"i love watching people more chemically imbalanced than me" -Trevor

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
How many points do you guys think Parise will score this season realistically? I think 70-75 points with 35-40 goals is fair.

Last edited:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I don't think 35 is a stretch.. He was on pace for ~31 goals last season. 40 might be, that I'll admit.

We'll see ;)

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I pretend he's useless from everything I saw last year. He doesn't have any speed. So, size and physicality is a reason to keep him around? I don't think so. I'd rather have a Iowan graduate and lend a hand.

Iowan graduates haven't scored a Stanley Cup winning goal.

I see Rupp bringing leadership, physicality, speed (yeah, we're a slow team), fighting, size, and he can pot a few points.

Ideally, I'd have Rupp on the 4th line instead of Konopka.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Iowan graduates haven't scored a Stanley Cup winning goal.

I see Rupp bringing leadership, physicality, speed (yeah, we're a slow team), fighting, size, and he can pot a few points.

Ideally, I'd have Rupp on the 4th line instead of Konopka.

He doesn't replace Konopka's faceoff efficiency. Rupp scored that game winning goal over ten years ago and has only 1 playoff goal in his last 63 playoff games. And with all the former captains on this team, I don't think we need any more leadership. What we need is someone that can actually grind and energize with speed, which I maintain that Rupp doesn't have.

Rupp excelled pre-04-05 lockout because he fit that NHL. He does not fit this one.

Last edited:

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Speed, size, and physicality. Don't pretend Rupp was useless just because he's been injured.

Did you say speed? Are you sarcasming? Chronic knee injuries. If he's speedy for a couple games he'll be out of the lineup again within a week.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Kenopka may be good at faceoffs, but he terrible at puck battles and puck protection. The guy falls over as much as Cullen.

If an option I would rather bring up bring up Dowell, play Rupp instead of Kenopka, and trade Veilleux to HC Metallurg Novokuznetsk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad