2013/2014 Minnesota Wild News and Notes - New Division and New Expectations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Still a 'no' on Vanek unless he accepts a reasonable offer ($6m or less, 6 years or less). He should be treated as a luxury, not a necessity.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Still a 'no' on Vanek unless he accepts a reasonable offer ($6m or less, 6 years or less). He should be treated as a luxury, not a necessity.

I'm not sure what the deal turns out to be, but I'm willing to bet (barring injury or trade/sign with another team) Vanek is wearing a Wild sweater come next season.

I'm hoping for something like 5 years $6 million AAV. My guess is that he will cost a bit more than that, however.

Puhis

Will accept caffeine.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae

Exactly, and even at 6 million I'd rather pass, unless there's a trade involving another winger.

Besides, there are plenty of things that can change in our future. Right now, we have Parise, Pominville, Niederreiter, Granlund/Coyle and Zucker fighting for 4 top-6 winger spots. Granted, one of them can play in the 3rd line, but the last thing we need is another left-handed winger.

If we do get Vanek, I see a trade involving one of our current wingers for either an upgrade on D or G.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Exactly, and even at 6 million I'd rather pass, unless there's a trade involving another winger.

Besides, there are plenty of things that can change in our future. Right now, we have Parise, Pominville, Niederreiter, Granlund/Coyle and Zucker fighting for 4 top-6 winger spots. Granted, one of them can play in the 3rd line, but the last thing we need is another left-handed winger.

If we do get Vanek, I see a trade involving one of our current wingers for either an upgrade on D or G.

Vanek is right-handed, but I think he plays the LW. Not sure how much he's played on the right side.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

He's right-handed.

vanek-fanpaper.jpeg

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I'm torn on the whole Vanek situation. On one hand, we're doing alright, and have potential to be even better just with what we have.

On the other hand, we could probably afford him, and that would be a dirty dirty top 6...

Now if we can just figure out one more decent second pairing d, and our goalie situation...

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
If we can somehow get them to take Heatley in addition to something thats pretty cheap....

Heatley + Zucker + 2nd would be awesome. Doubt that gets it done, though.

I'd do it. I'm quite a bit more pessimistic on Zucker than most, I suppose.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Heatley + Zucker + 2nd would be awesome. Doubt that gets it done, though.

I'd do it. I'm quite a bit more pessimistic on Zucker than most, I suppose.

They'd demand a first rounder for sure. They probably don't want Heatley so it would be something be Zucker + 1st + ? . Nah... I'd pass.

It's scary enough via free agency.

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN
Vanek would require our 1st, Zucker, plus. I don't think we should part with either of those for a UFA, especially for one we have a legitimate chance to land in the offseason.

tomthestone*

Getting Vanek in here transforms the Wild lineup from decent to undeniably sick. And no matter what, Heatley would need to be involved in a trade. It's no secret he's become worthless on the trade market, but his cap figure can't stay here if Vanek is brought into the fold.

Last edited by a moderator:

J22*

Getting Vanek in here transforms the Wild lineup from decent to undeniably sick. And no matter what, Heatley would need to be involved in a trade. It's no secret he's become worthless on the trade market, but his cap figure can't stay here if Vanek is brought into the fold.

The fact that Heatley would need to be involved doesnt help Minnesota's chances to land Vanek. In fact, i'm sure the Sabres would ask for more if they were to take Heatley off of their hands.

Last edited by a moderator:

tomthestone*

The fact that Heatley would need to be involved doesnt help Minnesota's chances to land Vanek. In fact, i'm sure the Sabres would ask for more if they were to take Heatley off of their hands.

That's why a deal wouldn't happen until the deadline. Then the All-Star is only owed a million and change or whatever it would be through the end of the year, and they would only have to deal with 20-30 games of a lame duck Dany Heatley before he walks over the summer.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I'm torn on wanting Vanek signed here, but I am pretty much against trading for him, unless it is a steal, and I would highly doubt that would happen.

It's not our year and the cost would be too great to throw away more resources compounded with what we did last year (I was not against that trade BTW).

We have a good, young lineup this year. Let's let them mature and see where we are in the off season.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Evidently, the Wild, Rangers and Oilers are all looking at Bryzgalov.

(According to TSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad