GDT: 2013-2014 Avs Training Camp & Preseason [Burgandy and White 9/15]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

And what a crappy time not to be in the Colorado area. I was in Denver last year around this time when I was traveling around the country just in time for the stupid lockout to be in full effect.

Really wish I could have seen MacKinnon and the boys going through the motions in training camp. One of my favorite times of years.

Even though it means nothing in terms of standings, it means a great deal to those who feel they have something to prove. And that's most of the team for the Avs aside from the few vets, since they're still a very young team. It's a bit of a gut check point like a lesser version of the playoffs or a tournament, because of the short period of time to really prove yourself and make an impact.

Oh man I know. I just finished up school in Denver and I'm back home in Chicago. Luckily Center Ice and NFL Sunday Ticket aren't too expensive.

Just wish I could go see some of these training camp/preseason things too.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Oh man I know. I just finished up school in Denver and I'm back home in Chicago. Luckily Center Ice and NFL Sunday Ticket aren't too expensive.

Just wish I could go see some of these training camp/preseason things too.

how much do they cost for you guys in the US ? Up here in Canada it was arround 30$/month for both .

bidzey*

how much do they cost for you guys in the US ? Up here in Canada it was arround 30$/month for both .

In Canada when it comes to communication technology, everything is exploited and way overpriced. The worse case being cell phones, in this case I'll even say it's a form of corruption. As far as Canadian cable companies, they make a pack, in this case called the Super Sports Package, put everything in it, and then charge you an arm and a leg for it. I just wanted the OHL package last 2 years, but had to buy the Super Pack just to get that... and I think it's closer to $32/month this year!! Bell don't even carry OHL packages as of yet.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Last I checked Center Ice was $160 a season, and NFL Sunday Ticket was $225 a season for the TV and 300 for the TV and streaming service.

Though this year you can buy the $100 Madden and get the streaming Sunday Ticket included with that. Then just run the streaming through your laptop.

Going forward I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see the Xbox pick up a deal with the NFL and try to run Sunday ticket through that.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Just spitballing here but should the Avs bring in Mason Raymond on a tryout? As an injury replacement in the top 9 he looks a lot better to me than Olver does, and really even better than Mitchell. At this point he would come cheap if he earned a spot in camp.

Best case: Raymond earns a spot and becomes an injury replacement in the top 9, goes on to score ~15g.

Worst case: Raymond doesn't make the team, or makes the team forcing the team to waive Olver and losing him. Raymond then doesn't produce in the role.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I just buy the sports package with the NFL Network RedZone channel. It's like $7/month and you can cancel during the offseason. That channel is fantastic, I wouldn't watch football any other way now plus it makes NFL Sunday Ticket completely irrelevant.

3 days until camp!

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Dillon Donnelly got an amateur tryout. I guess he's got to earn an AHL deal.

7 goaltenders kind of messes with the scrimmages.

Never heard of Michael Schumacher. He's a huge Swede. Not even 20 years old.

It's getting close.

I can see the conflict of interest there. Donnelly plays for Quebec and they need him more than Erie would need him.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Just spitballing here but should the Avs bring in Mason Raymond on a tryout? As an injury replacement in the top 9 he looks a lot better to me than Olver does, and really even better than Mitchell. At this point he would come cheap if he earned a spot in camp.

Best case: Raymond earns a spot and becomes an injury replacement in the top 9, goes on to score ~15g.

Worst case: Raymond doesn't make the team, or makes the team forcing the team to waive Olver and losing him. Raymond then doesn't produce in the role.

I'm for it.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Last I checked Center Ice was $160 a season, and NFL Sunday Ticket was $225 a season for the TV and 300 for the TV and streaming service.

Though this year you can buy the $100 Madden and get the streaming Sunday Ticket included with that. Then just run the streaming through your laptop.

Going forward I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see the Xbox pick up a deal with the NFL and try to run Sunday ticket through that.

I haven't had CenterIce the last few years, I just look for streams. I remember when the early bird price was literally half that though, at like $80 or $90 for the whole year and the first two rounds.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Any of you who miss some football to go to the rookie camp and then give us a recap afterwards, I thank you in advance.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
I haven't had CenterIce the last few years, I just look for streams. I remember when the early bird price was literally half that though, at like $80 or $90 for the whole year and the first two rounds.

two years ago it was 30$/month , last year with the short season it was 50$ for the whole season ... As far as playoffs, i dont think i saw any playoff games on CI in the last 4 years .

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
two years ago it was 30$/month , last year with the short season it was 50$ for the whole season ... As far as playoffs, i dont think i saw any playoff games on CI in the last 4 years .

They don't do the first two rounds of the playoffs anymore?

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Every playoff game is on an NBC channel so there's nothing to show.

Frenchy is in Canada, so it would also be all over CBC and TSN. So the games are broadcast nationally basically. Center Ice and Gamecenter don't show any of that.

Sucks. Last year I had gamecenter and then I had to buy cable television for the sole reason of being able to watch CBC and TSN for the playoffs.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Frenchy is in Canada, so it would also be all over CBC and TSN. So the games are broadcast nationally basically. Center Ice and Gamecenter don't show any of that.

Sucks. Last year I had gamecenter and then I had to buy cable television for the sole reason of being able to watch CBC and TSN for the playoffs.

Strangely I could see the playoffs on GCL. I live in Germany but the regular season games which were nationally broadcasted in the USA were blocked here, too. I don't know why they changed that for the playoffs but they did.
Unfortunately all I cared about was the draft at that point.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ

True , but i remember my first year with CI i think it was in 2008, when it was playoffs time , we had the first round on CI . I clearly remember watching games of the Rangers, Devils and NYI . The following year CBC and TSN took control of the playoffs and there was no use for CI.

SlyAvs

smokin Joe
Mar 21, 2011
Yes i'd like to hear who steps up out of those 29 rookies. Thank in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad