GDT: 2013-2014 Avs Training Camp & Preseason [Burgandy and White 9/15]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Can't wait to hear how Seimens and Bigras look in particular. Hishon too, but there is next to no chance he makes the team. Oh, and I guess Will Butcher. Kinda sweet having a few a prospects to actually get excited about.

Also hoping Roy announces the Assistant Captains right after the final cuts.

Best part of the preseason.

Although, I find it always gets me more excited for the team than I should. Everyone seems to look better than anyone could have ever hoped. Then it always turns into another terrible year with underachievers. Hopefully it's different this year.

Couldn't agree more.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Can't wait to hear how Seimens and Bigras look in particular. Hishon too, but there is next to no chance he makes the team. Oh, and I guess Will Butcher. Kinda sweet having a few a prospects to actually get excited about.

Couldn't agree more.

The ability of our prospects and new players always gets blown out of proportion. Everyone is NHL ready in training camp.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado

Couldn't agree more.
Butcher won't be there due to NCAA rules.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Butcher won't be there due to NCAA rules.

The NCAA rule indicates that the player has to pay his own way to training camp and pay for the hotel. Butcher is going to DU which is less than a 30 minute drive to Family Sports. There is a chance he could be there.

If there is a new NCAA rule that prohibits from joining any training camp until they are signed my apologies .

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The ability of our prospects and new players always gets blown out of proportion. Everyone is NHL ready in training camp.

Well summer is the time for puff pieces, every athlete in every sport is always in the best shape of their life and preparing for a break out year. It's what sports writers do.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
My guess:

Landeskog - C
Stastny - A (full time)
Duchene - A (home)
McLeod - A (road)

I'd change McLeod with Johnson.
McLeod already seems to have a bad reputation with refs, and the A won't therefore be of any use in that sense which makes the A less effective.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I'd change McLeod with Johnson.
McLeod already seems to have a bad reputation with refs, and the A won't therefore be of any use in that sense which makes the A less effective.

McLeod has already carried the A part-time for a couple seasons now. He was also mentioned specifically by Roy as one of the leaders on the team IIRC.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
McLeod has already carried the A part-time for a couple seasons now. He was also mentioned specifically by Roy as one of the leaders on the team IIRC.

Sacco.

Yes I understand, but I really can't see McLeod go up there to the Refs and argue about a situation. The refs would be lying on the ice laughing and sending McLeod into the box for unsportsmanlike conduct.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Sacco.

Yes I understand, but I really can't see McLeod go up there to the Refs and argue about a situation. The refs would be lying on the ice laughing and sending McLeod into the box for unsportsmanlike conduct.

McLeod doesn't need to be the one that talks to the refs. Landeskog and Stastny can do that job. IMO he must be a respected locker room guy, very rarely do players in his role get an A.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
McLeod doesn't need to be the one that talks to the refs. Landeskog and Stastny can do that job. IMO he must be a respected locker room guy, very rarely do players in his role get an A.

I think he got an A because of how often he puts his body on the line for the team, and how he plays 100% at all times, whether it's the beginning of the season, or the end and they're out of the playoffs. You could tell a lot of times he fought, he was banged up, or had bad hands and did it anyway. Plus he plays that tough guy role the smart way and doesn't take many bad penalties.

If anyone "bleeds" Avalanche colors it's him, and that's deserving of an A. He doesn't need to talk to the refs to wear an A, it's a reward and an honor going to someone who represents the team well and leads it through good and bad times.

The players on the ice during penalty situations know without having to think much which vet should be the one to talk to the refs.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
I'll for sure be there Friday and Saturday, trying to make my schedule work for Thursday but since I'm going on vacation at the end of the month it's not looking like I can make Thursday.
So dang excited. Almost more excited to see Patrick Roy on skates than I am to see the rest of the team

Cynthesis

Sep 27, 2010
I'm definitely going to two of the camp days. Probably Monday and Wednesday. I'm also going to the B/W game and hopefully a preseason game or two. I really wish we could just fast forward two weeks. I hate offseason.

18Mike18

Aug 3, 2007
BC
McLeod deserves the part time A, but i can see ROR trying to factor his way into this discussion. id say Johnson is too soon, Tanguay wouldnt be a bad decision.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
There still has not been a official training camp schedule posted yet, right? Want to put my days off request in at work.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
McLeod deserves the part time A, but i can see ROR trying to factor his way into this discussion. id say Johnson is too soon, Tanguay wouldnt be a bad decision.

Tanguay is a good idea for an A, He's a veteran player in the NHL who won the cup in 2001 with us.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

What do you mean by too soon? He's been one of the regulars to wear an A the last couple seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad