GDT: 2013-2014 Avs Training Camp & Preseason [Burgandy and White 9/15]

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Training camp details and roster announced.

http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=681148

Couple interesting names on there.

Lee Moffie who I talked about a couple weeks ago when Edmonton didn't sign him. He was awesome 2 years ago at Michigan, but last year lost his spot to Trouba.

Dillon Donnelly our former pick is coming in on a try out, I'm assuming to try to get an AHL contract.

Gabriel Desjardins played with Quebec and Rouyn the past couple seasons. Score 74 points in 66 games last year.

Michael Schumacher the former LA pick in 2011. Huge winger that has never put it all together.

Last edited:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Dillon Donnelly got an amateur tryout. I guess he's got to earn an AHL deal.

7 goaltenders kind of messes with the scrimmages.

Never heard of Michael Schumacher. He's a huge Swede. Not even 20 years old.

It's getting close.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Wow, lots of intriguing options for Lake Erie.

Looks like there will be a lot more Avs prospects playing with the Cutthroats this year than last year.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Dillon Donnelly got an amateur tryout. I guess he's got to earn an AHL deal.

7 goaltenders kind of messes with the scrimmages.

Never heard of Michael Schumacher. He's a huge Swede. Not even 20 years old.

It's getting close.

Schumacher will be quite noticeable in camp. He is very tall and is not at all afraid to go into the dirty areas of the ice. From all accounts I have read and heard he is a hard worker. Needs to fill out his frame. Very inconsistent.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Schumacher will be quite noticeable in camp. He is very tall and is not at all afraid to go into the dirty areas of the ice. From all accounts I have read and heard he is a hard worker. Needs to fill out his frame. Very inconsistent.

And he has one of the most recognizable names in Europe.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
And he has one of the most recognizable names in Europe.

It would be hard having the same name as one of the best drivers ever. Everybody would be so disappointed when they realize the reservations are not for THE Michael Schumacher. :laugh:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
We have someone named Michael Schumacher in camp? Awesome.

Looks like the Kings gave up on him pretty quickly but has had some decent seasons in the OHL.

SlyAvs

smokin Joe
Mar 21, 2011

Lee Moffie who I talked about a couple weeks ago when Edmonton didn't sign him. He was awesome 2 years ago at Michigan, but last year lost his spot to Trouba.

Dillon Donnelly our former pick is coming in on a try out, I'm assuming to try to get an AHL contract.

Gabriel Desjardins played with Quebec and Rouyn the past couple seasons. Score 74 points in 66 games last year.

Michael Schumacher the former LA pick in 2011. Huge winger that has never put it all together.
Well thank you, i was waiting for that.

SlyAvs

smokin Joe
Mar 21, 2011

Well thank you, i was waiting for that.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
As if we weren't a fast team before with Duchene and MacKinnon, now we might have Michael Schumacher?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
BTW, "Schumy's" on an AHL contract, so we won't see him on the Avs, unless he impresses in camp and gets a two way deal.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Some teams televise few preseason games. Detroit has 3 preseason games televised, why can't every team do this?

It will be good for the game, the fans will be happy and get to see the youngsters fighting for roster spots etc... and it will make September go little faster before the regular season starts

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Some teams televise few preseason games. Detroit has 3 preseason games televised, why can't every team do this?

It will be good for the game, the fans will be happy and get to see the youngsters fighting for roster spots etc... and it will make September go little faster before the regular season starts

Almost all Canadian team games are televised I'm pretty sure. I don't believe Colorado has ever televised a single preseason game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium