2008 Born for the 2024 OHL Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Puck Preps seems to have been behind the ball the entire season. Someone from puck preps had this to say about Belchetz recently ““Everyone sees it differently, so you will probably get plenty of answers as to who the names worthy of No. 1 are,” Malette said. “Since October, Belchetz has been a challenger for No. 1. At the time, (six-foot-two) Braidy Wassilyn appeared to be the favourite to go No. 1 with Ethan Belchetz being the one talked about as the runner-up and a candidate for No. 1. I’ve known that OHL teams have had him that high all year, so it isn’t a surprise to me he’s now the front-runner.”

Yet Puck Preps come out and rank him 10 while not even having him in the first round until LATE this season, doesn’t make sense. Hypocritical if you ask me.
I’m not trusting these guys too much that’s for sure. Last year they had Hopkins rated 4th most ready and weir 5th most ready to make an impact in the ohl this year.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I’m not trusting these guys too much that’s for sure. Last year they had Hopkins rated 4th most ready and weir 5th most ready to make an impact in the ohl this year.
There seems to be all sorts of scouting lists and blogs about the OHL Priority rankings. A lot seem to be just Average Joe's using others scouting information. One blog I watched had two unknown bloggers and the first thing out of their mouths was a gambling add. Waste of time. Best to listen to the real pros that have actually watched all these players.

Reactions: HolyRoller

Corso

Aug 13, 2018

Best scouting service IMO is neutral zone. They employ a variety of scouts in all areas of the country but have the U.S. east cost and Ontario nailed right down. Their subscription price isn't cheap, however, causing the casual fan to overlook them, but you can trust their rankings.

AAAdad

Jan 29, 2024
There seems to be all sorts of scouting lists and blogs about the OHL Priority rankings. A lot seem to be just Average Joe's using others scouting information. One blog I watched had two unknown bloggers and the first thing out of their mouths was a gambling add. Waste of time. Best to listen to the real pros that have actually watched all these players.
Interesting thing to do is to check out who follows these guys and their scouting firms on Twitter. I was a little surprised to see who follows who. For what may appear to be just a Twitter scout sure has some surprising names that follow them. Wonder why that is.

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
See Blonda is someone I’d love to see Saginaw take if he falls. Honestly BPA who’ll report for us before anything.
I can't see why he wouldn't. As much as it pains me to say after how many years of hating (not real hate) the Saginaw spirit, you guys have a good program going and seem to keep the Soo natives coming and treating them quite well.

I think he'd be lucky to play for you guys. Good program and close to home. And the kid is hell of a player.

But I hope you lose next round haha.

Cheers

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Best scouting service IMO is neutral zone. They employ a variety of scouts in all areas of the country but have the U.S. east cost and Ontario nailed right down. Their subscription price isn't cheap, however, causing the casual fan to overlook them, but you can trust their rankings.
I can second this - they’re great people to talk to also, really welcoming to new people to the space.

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
They have a great livestream during the draft on YouTube. Go through every pick.

• Wow
Reactions: frontsfan67

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Forwards seem to be coveted this year im not completely sure why. I believe this draft is pretty deep at center and D men are always a position of need so im a bit perplexed.
Is the forward group just that much better? Bowler might get hung if he ignores the D position again this year in Windsor!!
Guelph will be on the market for a forward/center after drafting Beauschesne (D) last year and still having Allen on RD as well. They need a scorer.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
So in conclusion nobody knows what's going to happen is what I'm getting from this
Correct!

But, in fairness, a lot of it has to do with a group of players that have commitments elsewhere as well as rumours they will commit elsewhere. I think that is causing a lot of turmoil in the predictions.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Thanks! May have to take a look at them. Never heard of them before

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Correct!

But, in fairness, a lot of it has to do with a group of players that have commitments elsewhere as well as rumours they will commit elsewhere. I think that is causing a lot of turmoil in the predictions.
Max domi really changed the game ever since he said no to kingston you have that happening every year and top end talents like Jack Hughes and Adam Fantilli choosing not to go the ohl route. Really is a shame. Wish we would see guys like croskery in the ohl and it would help out smaller market teams like the fronts that need to draft a d man but there’s none available unless it’s a reach.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Max domi really changed the game ever since he said no to kingston you have that happening every year and top end talents like Jack Hughes and Adam Fantilli choosing not to go the ohl route. Really is a shame. Wish we would see guys like croskery in the ohl and it would help out smaller market teams like the fronts that need to draft a d man but there’s none available unless it’s a reach.
Is Xu a reach at #8 considering at least 4-6 players are opting out?

Additionally, are Kingston drafting for a four year player or a 3 month player with a flip at the deadline? That is a consideration as well.

Reactions: Section5Petes

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
So what's the list of all the players who've committed elsewhere, rumoured ncaa/ushl interest or tendered that will throw a wrench into the drafted ??

Croskery - Tendered USHL
Edwards - Tendered USHL
Kwajah - Tendered USHL (edited)
Malholra
Nyman
Hawery
Hage
Xu
Bray - BCHL

That's a lot of good players from what I've heard.
Who else am I missing?

Last edited:
Reactions: Section5Petes

the dog

May 16, 2014
So what's the list of all the players who've committed elsewhere, rumoured ncaa/ushl interest or tendered that will throw a wrench into the drafted ??

Croskery - Tendered USHL
Edwards - Tendered USHL
Malholra
Nyman
Hawery
Hage
Xu
Bray - BCHL

That's a lot of good players from what I've heard.
Who else am I missing?
Jet Kwajah ushl

Reactions: Ringing Iron

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Is Xu a reach at #8 considering at least 4-6 players are opting out?

Additionally, are Kingston drafting for a four year player or a 3 month player with a flip at the deadline? That is a consideration as well.
he’s a borderline 1st as is

Reactions: frontsfan67

BigDevs93

Jul 7, 2021
Anyone know top 10 goalie rankings??
Not much talk since it's a weeker group.
Some goalies I liked through out the year

Barrie - Schaubel and Beites
YSE - Ellsworth
Whitby - Jaswal
NYR - Knowling and Grovestine
JRC - Camputaro and Ingram
Rebels - Betes
Halton - Smith and Ronan
Oshawa - Petrova
UCC - Howell
67's - Cossais
Valley - Osipenko

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I can second this - they’re great people to talk to also, really welcoming to new people to the space.
i havent checked on the accuracy of the lists, but they work hard, have boots on the ground, etc. they do it the right way for sure, puck preps does not and it shows in the results. kid has a passion im sure but hes going about it the wrong way.

BigDevs93

Jul 7, 2021
I find that neutral zone has been getting a little better in Ontario compared to previous years. The site I found to be pretty accurate over the past 4-5 years has been TheScout. Usually have some good write-ups of top players.

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
I find that neutral zone has been getting a little better in Ontario compared to previous years. The site I found to be pretty accurate over the past 4-5 years has been TheScout. Usually have some good write-ups of top players.

Do you know if TheScout does rankings and scouting reports in the U.S.?

AAAdad

Jan 29, 2024
Ryan Ferizovic was with TheScout last year and I see he's now a regional scout for the 67s. Seen him at many tournaments this year. 3rd party scouting firms that produce some legit scouts must be doing something right. As OHL4Life says, games have to be seen in person....some pretty crappy video quality out there if that's relied on.

BigDevs93

Jul 7, 2021
Do you know if TheScout does rankings and scouting reports in the U.S.?
From what I've seen on their website it's only canadian/ontario content

Ryan Ferizovic was with TheScout last year and I see he's now a regional scout for the 67s. Seen him at many tournaments this year. 3rd party scouting firms that produce some legit scouts must be doing something right. As OHL4Life says, games have to be seen in person....some pretty crappy video quality out there if that's relied on.
From following their twitter account, it seems like they constantly graduate their guys to OHL teams

Reactions: AAAdad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad