2008 Born for the 2024 OHL Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
don't remember a top 5 rank for O'Brien, more like 12, 13, even 20
He had various rankings throughout the year it got as high as 7-10 among various scouts “prior” to his OHL Cup MVP performances. He was DEFINITELY in the conversation at 5. I personally had suggested prior to the draft O’Brien, Beauchene and Romano were the right pick at 5 for Niagara

Reactions: frontsfan67

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
don't remember a top 5 rank for O'Brien, more like 12, 13, even 20

Hey, bottom line the IceDogs can draft whoever they want with pick #4 (Barrie and Flint will be thrilled) but I have over 30 viewings of the top 15-20 players and I can tell you with absolute certainty that if they draft Smith over one of those other players they reached past a franchise type player (e.g Ryan Roobroeck) that the owner earned with the last place finish he earned.

Last edited:

hockeyguy77

Apr 12, 2023
I think Parker is way too high. After seeing him go scoreless in OHLCup and then scoreless in the Alliance finals, he's more of a steal near the 16-20 ranked range now imo. Also, Edwards will go inside that top 30 pick somewhere. I believe Rossetto and Dube also make a top 30-ish pick, their commitment is unclear, so we may see many "flyers" this season.
Ya it was a bit underwhelming seeing no goals from him, yet he was still looked pretty good out there, creating lots of opportunities for him and his teammates. I also wrote that it was excluding players on American teams, but I do agree that those three probably belong in the top 30.

Reactions: Bardown99

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
He had various rankings throughout the year it got as high as 7-10 among various scouts “prior” to his OHL Cup MVP performances. He was DEFINITELY in the conversation at 5. I personally had suggested prior to the draft O’Brien, Beauchene and Romano were the right pick at 5 for Niagara
Czata & Romano seem similar

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Hearing whispers of Sarnia liking Malhotra a lot. Anyone heard much of the same? Wouldn't surprise me if Manny & David Legwand (Sting owner) are friends.

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018

Czata & Romano seem similar

I understand conversation can easily veer-off in a totally different direction, but, if we circle back to original point…which was, last year the IceDogs had a recruitment issue, boxed into drafting a late 1st/early 2nd rd pick at #5.

So the "original point" of conversation was, will the IceDogs again have a recruitment issue at pick #4.

I think we can agree, we’ll know the answer to that this weekend?

Last edited:

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
He got more points than # 4 pick Tyler Hopkins or # 6 pick owen Griffin
Hopkins was on the 4th line pretty much the whole year. In the last 5-10 games of the regular season and the playoffs he was finally getting a shot between lines 1-3

Little bit of a cherry picked stat but in the last 12 games he has played including reg season and playoffs he had 9 points including a 3assist effort vs north bay while playing pp and pk time

Really developed over the year. He will 100% have a big breakout year next year. Should’ve seen the guy in the playoffs.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
O’Brien only wanted to go to a few spots IIRC. Kid that picked his spot.

HolyRoller

Feb 1, 2010
Yep. Exactly what happened there. Jake O’Brien coming of an OHL MVP Cup performance was the clear choice at #5 but he had no interest in Niagara and he wasn’t the only one at the top of the board who told Niagara no.
Uncle is GM of Bulldogs.

Reactions: the dog

Sal88

Mar 18, 2024
Anyone have thoughts on Colton Radford of the Huron Perth Lakers. I think he will be the first selected off that team before Kieffer. I'm not sure if he could be a late 2nd rounder or a 4th or 5th rounder. He missed the OHL Cup due to injury but prior to that he carried an average Lakers team in the playoffs to game 5 against in the semis against the eventually Alliance champions London

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
IMG_0645.png

Puck preps has Belchetz going #10🤨

Is blonda going to play in the ohl? I know croskery is committed to the ushl

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Puck Preps seems to have been behind the ball the entire season. Someone from puck preps had this to say about Belchetz recently ““Everyone sees it differently, so you will probably get plenty of answers as to who the names worthy of No. 1 are,” Malette said. “Since October, Belchetz has been a challenger for No. 1. At the time, (six-foot-two) Braidy Wassilyn appeared to be the favourite to go No. 1 with Ethan Belchetz being the one talked about as the runner-up and a candidate for No. 1. I’ve known that OHL teams have had him that high all year, so it isn’t a surprise to me he’s now the front-runner.”

Yet Puck Preps come out and rank him 10 while not even having him in the first round until LATE this season, doesn’t make sense. Hypocritical if you ask me.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
This looks like more than just a "prediction"? I know you can't answer. Thanks for the contribution!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad