2008 Born for the 2024 OHL Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BigDevs93

Jul 7, 2021
I thought I might as well give it a go. More of a ranking, ranther than a mock draft.

Top 30 OHL Draft Prospects 2024
*excluding all players on American teams

1. Adam Valentini
2. Ethan Belchetz
3. Braidy Wassilyn
4. Alessandro Di Iorio
5. Zach Nyman
6. Colin Fitzgerald
7. Parker Vaughan
8. Callum Croskery
9. Brady Smith
10. Logan Hawery
11. Cole Zurawski
12. Caleb Malhotra
13. Alex Mclean
14. Pierce Mbuyi
15. Nathan Amidovski
16. Jacob Xu
17. Weston Cameron
18. Alexander Hage
19. Jet Kwajah
20. Cole Emerton
21. Tyler Challenger
22. Maximus Crete
23. Carter Hicks
24. Gage Brandon
25. Kent Greer
26. Ryder Carey
27. Ben Bowen
28. Michael D'Alessio
29. Jack Yates
30. Ryder Cali

Notes:
- I do still believe Belchetz will go #1 overall, but in my view, I think Valentini is still the better player.
- After Amidovski, things are really tight and I have switched them up many times.
- And yes, I quite like Colin Fitz game.
- Feel free to comment on this ranking as I always appreciate all of your views, Thanks.
I like this list, personally, the big difference in opinion I have is Malhotra should be higher, Amidovski higher, Challenger higher

names that are being mentioned in the top 5-10, not in any order

mclean
mbuyi
belchetz
wassilyn
vaughan
dilorio
zurawski
fitzgerald
smith
malhotra
No Hawery or Amidovski?

Reactions: arhockey

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I like this list, personally, the big difference in opinion I have is Malhotra should be higher, Amidovski higher, Challenger higher

No Hawery or Amidovski?
maybe amidovski but not a lot of noise around him.

hawery is like stark last year. thought he’d be a top guy in the draft and once it looked like he wound fall to the late first based on his play, he made noise about the bchl. who knows but he’s not earned a top 10 pick so far

BigDevs93

Jul 7, 2021
maybe amidovski but not a lot of noise around him.

hawery is like stark last year. thought he’d be a top guy in the draft and once it looked like he wound fall to the late first based on his play, he made noise about the bchl. who knows but he’s not earned a top 10 pick so far
hmmm interesting perspective, I think he goes 8-12

Reactions: arhockey

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
When is the window open for pick-only trades? Last year it looks like there were trades on the Monday-Wednesday of draft week

the dog

May 16, 2014
I thought I might as well give it a go. More of a ranking, ranther than a mock draft.

1. Adam Valentini
2. Ethan Belchetz
3. Braidy Wassilyn
4. Alessandro Di Iorio
5. Zach Nyman
6. Colin Fitzgerald
7. Parker Vaughan
8. Callum Croskery
9. Brady Smith
10. Logan Hawery
11. Cole Zurawski
12. Caleb Malhotra
13. Alex Mclean
14. Pierce Mbuyi
15. Nathan Amidovski
16. Jacob Xu
17. Weston Cameron
18. Alexander Hage
19. Jet Kwajah
20. Cole Emerton
21. Tyler Challenger
22. Maximus Crete
23. Carter Hicks
24. Gage Brandon
25. Kent Greer
26. Ryder Carey
27. Ben Bowen
28. Michael D'Alessio
29. Jack Yates
30. Ryder Cali

Notes:
- I do still believe Belchetz will go #1 overall, but in my view, I think Valentini is still the better player.
- After Amidovski, things are really tight and I have switched them up many times.
- Feel free to comment on this ranking as I always appreciate all of your views, Thanks.
Having our head scout involved with north York rangers still thinking about Niagara icedogs drafting Brady Smith at #4

Bardown99

Jan 20, 2024

1. Adam Valentini
2. Ethan Belchetz
3. Braidy Wassilyn
4. Alessandro Di Iorio
5. Zach Nyman
6. Colin Fitzgerald
7. Parker Vaughan
8. Callum Croskery
9. Brady Smith
10. Logan Hawery
11. Cole Zurawski
12. Caleb Malhotra
13. Alex Mclean
14. Pierce Mbuyi
15. Nathan Amidovski
16. Jacob Xu
17. Weston Cameron
18. Alexander Hage
19. Jet Kwajah
20. Cole Emerton
21. Tyler Challenger
22. Maximus Crete
23. Carter Hicks
24. Gage Brandon
25. Kent Greer
26. Ryder Carey
27. Ben Bowen
28. Michael D'Alessio
29. Jack Yates
30. Ryder Cali

Notes:
I think Parker is way too high. After seeing him go scoreless in OHLCup and then scoreless in the Alliance finals, he's more of a steal near the 16-20 ranked range now imo. Also, Edwards will go inside that top 30 pick somewhere. I believe Rossetto and Dube also make a top 30-ish pick, their commitment is unclear, so we may see many "flyers" this season.

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
Having our head scout involved with north York rangers still thinking about Niagara icedogs drafting Brady Smith at #4
Absolutely not a top 8 pick. So that would only indicate recruitment issues. Not a 4th overall best player pick.

Pointless and counterproductive for a franchise to have a top 4 pick and NOT use it that way.

the dog

May 16, 2014
Absolutely not a top 8 pick. So that would only indicate recruitment issues. Not a 4th overall best player pick.

Pointless and counterproductive for a franchise to have a top 4 pick and NOT use it that way.
We picked pano Fimis at #2 was supposed to be franchise player didn't pan out . Got Kevin he second round
Sometimes ratings don't mean much.

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
We picked pano Fimis at #2 was supposed to be franchise player didn't pan out . Got Kevin he second round
Sometimes ratings don't mean much.
This has nothing to do with rating. It has everything to do with picking the BPA when you have a chance at an elite franchise changing talent. If you have to reach at pick #4, the franchise has some serious recruitment issues.

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
This isn't really news. Why do you think Niagara took Czata 5th overall?
Yep. Exactly what happened there. Jake O’Brien coming of an OHL MVP Cup performance was the clear choice at #5 but he had no interest in Niagara and he wasn’t the only one at the top of the board who told Niagara no.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Yep. Exactly what happened there. Jake O’Brien coming of an OHL MVP Cup performance was the clear choice at #5 but he had no interest in Niagara and he wasn’t the only one at the top of the board who told Niagara no.
My understanding was that it wasn't so much a case of several no's, but there were a lot of cases of uncertainty and Czata was a guarantee.

Part of the problem was that it was a compensation pick. If whoever they took didn't report, they wouldn't get another.

They can be more risky this year. Just can't draft anyone who gives a firm no.

Edit: I'm sure Niagara is still hoping Wassilyn falls to 4 as he is a guarantee to report.

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
My understanding was that it wasn't so much a case of several no's, but there were a lot of cases of uncertainty and Czata was a guarantee.

Part of the problem was that it was a compensation pick. If whoever they took didn't report, they wouldn't get another.

Edit: I'm sure Niagara is still hoping Wassilyn falls to 4 as he is a guarantee to report.There were 4 significant players that inf

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018

Edit: I'm sure Niagara is still hoping Wassilyn falls to 4 as he is a guarantee to report.
Last year, there were 4 significant names that told them no to go along with the lack of pre-draft work to assure some other players would report at 5.
This year, Wassilyn will sign in Niagara. The owner and Wassilyn’s agent, who has stuck the IceDogs with some questionable picks, obviously are close. He owes the IceDogs one 😂

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
When is the window open for pick-only trades? Last year it looks like there were trades on the Monday-Wednesday of draft week
Looks like it must've opened up at noon today - a couple trades so far

1712601377544.png

Reactions: Section5Petes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad