2008 Born for the 2024 OHL Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Windsor picks at 22 and 24. Assuming they take a D at 22 which strong C is likely to be still available at 24?
Aiden O’Donnell might be there, Ethan Garden could also but he is a risk given he isn’t guaranteed to come over. Maybe Windsor gets lucky and Weston Cameron falls to them, but I doubt it. Brayden Krawczyk should be there and should come OHL, Javien Nei, his teammate should be around then, too. Just a few kids off the top of my head.

LondonKnights

Apr 6, 2024
Hearing some of the buzz around the rinks, I strongly believe that the best D in this age group is Xu. When you look at the complete package, 6'2, 175 lbs, can skate like the wind, physical, composed and has a deadly deadly shot. He's also the best player on his team by far, 96 and 76 are the two best on JRC by a long shot. I've heard from london , that they are willing to trade a lot to move up to select him. His stock has defintely dipped with his team's performance but he was ranked high up at the start of the season and has risen up unsuprisngly. He really looks like the most pro ready defenseman in Ontario compared to someone like nyman. Nyman may have better offensive insticts but when talking about a pro ready defesenamn, I don't see a better defenseman than Xu.

Reactions: LDN

BigDevs93

Jul 7, 2021
Hearing some of the buzz around the rinks, I strongly believe that the best D in this age group is Xu. When you look at the complete package, 6'2, 175 lbs, can skate like the wind, physical, composed and has a deadly deadly shot. He's also the best player on his team by far, 96 and 76 are the two best on JRC by a long shot. I've heard from london , that they are willing to trade a lot to move up to select him. His stock has defintely dipped with his team's performance but he was ranked high up at the start of the season and has risen up unsuprisngly. He really looks like the most pro ready defenseman in Ontario compared to someone like nyman. Nyman may have better offensive insticts but when talking about a pro ready defesenamn, I don't see a better defenseman than Xu.
"I've heard from london , that they are willing to trade a lot to move up to select him."

Oh the Irony

Xu is a great player though

Reactions: LDN and frontsfan67

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
"I've heard from london , that they are willing to trade a lot to move up to select him."

Oh the Irony

Maybe Windsor will take him at 22 if he’s still there but doubt it if your assessment is correct.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

Oh the Irony

And here I thought you couldn’t trade first round picks……

The only way London trades up to get him is if Xu goes defected and London trades for his rights in September. In that case, they wound’t be trading up. They’d simply be trading for him.

Ottawa sitting at #11 and they love those types of D-Men. They need a centre but the draft seems loaded at centre and not a lot of high end D-Men. Maybe Ottawa takes Xu at #11 and picks a centre at #21.

Maybe Windsor will take him at 22 if he’s still there but doubt it if your assessment is correct.

Looks like it will depend a lot on how many kids play elsewhere. Seems to be as many as four top 10 calibre players going to play in the USA. If so, Xu may sneak into the top 10. I highly doubt he makes it to 15. Kingston is picking at #8. I would not be surprised to see them take Xu.

Reactions: StormWatcher

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Rangers have Xu in their sites.

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
And here I thought you couldn’t trade first round picks……

The only way London trades up to get him is if Xu goes defected and London trades for his rights in September. In that case, they wound’t be trading up. They’d simply be trading for him.

Ottawa sitting at #11 and they love those types of D-Men. They need a centre but the draft seems loaded at centre and not a lot of high end D-Men. Maybe Ottawa takes Xu at #11 and picks a centre at #21.

Looks like it will depend a lot on how many kids play elsewhere. Seems to be as many as four top 10 calibre players going to play in the USA. If so, Xu may sneak into the top 10. I highly doubt he makes it to 15. Kingston is picking at #8. I would not be surprised to see them take Xu.
I was referring to London taking him at 20 in the 1st

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
Actually I misspoke, meant London trading up to 22 with Windsor in the 2nd but again, he won’t be there

Reactions: LDN

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Additionally, neither nyman, croskery, or Kwajah are going the Ohl path, which only leaves Xu for now. Who knows if he's 100% ohl.
Or so they say, let's see who London picks first before to see if they have firm commitments.

Although London is the perpetual brunt of all these jokes there are other teams in the league that kids would prefer to play for and so minor manipulation is not out of the realm. Lots of kids/parents want their kids close to home for an example.

We really don't know players true wishes until camps open.

Reactions: rve24 and bobber

the dog

May 16, 2014
Or so they say, let's see who London picks first before to see if they have firm commitments.

Although London is the perpetual brunt of all these jokes there are other teams in the league that kids would prefer to play for and so minor manipulation is not out of the realm. Lots of kids/parents want their kids close to home for an example.

We really don't know players true wishes until camps open.
Knowing London probably pick Nyman defensemen

Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
No, London saves the supposed USHL/NCAA commits for rounds 2-4 ie. Bonk, Cowan, George in the current group. Why waste a 1st round pick on players other teams will avoid that they can then claim later to fulfill the back room agreements.
That’s what they normally do. But that’s not what they did last year.

Parker Vaughan with 3G and an assist today.

Stupid question but are all the big prospects participating in the games that are being played? Will this affect their draft position much?

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
That’s what they normally do. But that’s not what they did last year.

Parker Vaughan with 3G and an assist today.

Stupid question but are all the big prospects participating in the games that are being played? Will this affect their draft position much?
Seems like many of the big names didn’t participate based on the the team rosters

Seems like many of the big names didn’t participate based on the the team rosters
Oops delete

Reactions: frontsfan67

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad