2008 Born for the 2024 OHL Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
^ this is what my info says as well. But Bowler has been known to go rouge on his staff on draft day!

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
I wouldn’t be so sure.

1. Windsor - Belchetz
2. Sarnia - Valentini
3. Petes - Di Iorio
4. Niagara - Wassilyn
I think Di Iorio is closer to 2nd overall than most people think. Outside of the unicorn player in Belchetz, Di Iorio is probably the most complete player of the 3. Lowest 'bust' potential, can be used in all situations, and game should translate to pro fairly seamlessly.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
shhhh don't tell Niagara that. If I'm the Petes I am demanding some kind of compensation for leaving Wassilyn on the table for Niagara. Even if I wasn't picking him anyway. Niagara doesn't need to know that.

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
I’m torn on the unicorn and still believe the right choice is a C unless they believe they can get a great C with one of the 2nds

JRHockeyBUZZZ

Mar 28, 2024
One Player who i am looking at a team taking a late round flyer on is 2006 Born Goaltender Sebastian Gatto, Gatto from Troy,MI Usa, Playing this season for the Leamington Flyers in the OJHL (.928 Save %.. GAA 2.23 17-9-2) has been outstanding, I would expect being American & given the age he is hoping to go the NCAA route but a team like say London. Who has a goalie graduating and can usually convince these players to commit could take a chance on Gatto.

Reactions: JuniorHockeyInsider

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
One Player who i am looking at a team taking a late round flyer on is 2006 Born Goaltender Sebastian Gatto, Gatto from Troy,MI Usa, Playing this season for the Leamington Flyers in the OJHL (.928 Save %.. GAA 2.23 17-9-2) has been outstanding, I would expect being American & given the age he is hoping to go the NCAA route but a team like say London. Who has a goalie graduating and can usually convince these players to commit could take a chance on Gatto.
Wouldn’t someone have already signed him as a FA if he wasn’t going NCAA? Then again Niagara did take a re entry from the same team last year

Last edited:

OnlyUpFromHere49

Jun 6, 2023
What's the scouting report on first overall pick Ethan Belchetz's centre, Evan Headrick? Could be a late 1st or early 2nd option?

Put up solid numbers in the playoffs and at OHL Cup!

the dog

May 16, 2014
shhhh don't tell Niagara that. If I'm the Petes I am demanding some kind of compensation for leaving Wassilyn on the table for Niagara. Even if I wasn't picking him anyway. Niagara doesn't need to know that.
It's ok we're picking Brady Smith 😳

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I wouldn’t be so sure.

1. Windsor - Belchetz
2. Sarnia - Valentini
3. Petes - Di Iorio
4. Niagara - Wassilyn
I think Di Iorio is closer to 2nd overall than most people think. Outside of the unicorn player in Belchetz, Di Iorio is probably the most complete player of the 3. Lowest 'bust' potential, can be used in all situations, and game should translate to pro fairly seamlessly.
What position does Di Iorio play is he a centre or a right winger? I am hoping the Petes draft a centre with the 3rd overall pick. But the idea of a high scoring winger is intriguing.

Last edited:

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Wouldn’t someone have already signed him as a FA if he wasn’t going NCAA? Then again Niagara did take a re entry from the same team last year
he was added to the list by a team, they may not want to wait and just get his rights. sometimes teams add players if they think a team my try to sign him and take his right to get them to trade for him

What position does Di Iorio play is he a centre or a right winger? I am hoping the Petes draft a centre with the 3rd overall pick. But the idea ofof
centre, hes good

It's ok we're picking Brady Smith 😳
not a ben boudreau type of player

Reactions: Section5Petes

JRHockeyBUZZZ

Mar 28, 2024
He could have been signed as a free agent this year. However given the number of cards some teams used there may not have been room. Also only played 9 games last season Between Honeybaked U18 & Muskegon USHL.. First full year of Jr has been impressive and played himself onto the Central scouting list.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
he was added to the list by a team, they may not want to wait and just get his rights. sometimes teams add players if they think a team my try to sign him and take his right to get them to trade for him

centre, hes good

not a ben boudreau type of player
Just curious, what's a Ben Boudreau type player?

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Any highly skilled American kids on this draft that will committ to the OHL? We always here of Canadian players wanting to go to the US. They always seem to be "flyers" when their names come up in conversations.

OnlyUpFromHere49

Jun 6, 2023
Any highly skilled American kids on this draft that will committ to the OHL? We always here of Canadian players wanting to go to the US. They always seem to be "flyers" when their names come up in conversations.
Some names will probably start to pop up when the NTDP team is announced within the next week. After that… agents/teams will start putting their plans together

Reactions: Section5Petes

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
You guys don’t want the hometown kid eh?
The Petes are going to take best player available and is not going pass on getting a franchise player like DiIorio, Wassilyn or Valentino to take a local player who is not rated in the top five.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
The Petes are going to take best player available and is not going pass on getting a franchise player like DiIorio, Wassilyn or Valentino to take a local player who is not rated in the top five.
is this like when the petes are not going to talrade michael Simpson and then traded him days later?

how do you know who the petes have in their top 5?

Reactions: frontsfan67

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad