2008 Born for the 2024 OHL Draft

MH

Oct 27, 2023
Beites played some in the semi final. Believe he was put in during the 2nd period after Esler was pulled. Played the 3rd obviously, plus the shootout.

Ellsworth looked to play only 4 minutes total the entire tournament. Long way to go for 4 minutes.

Tough spot for Beites to come in during the Semi as well, after not seeing any playing time up to that point.

Oh well, HC gonna HC.

He was certainly the best forward amongst the group, especially after the 1 Ruck twin went down with injury.

Ellsworth played the third period v Korea. I think if hockey Canada asks you to play you probably don't ask a lot of questions. I think the experience also is well beyond the games. The team probably had 9 starting centres and 6 top pair D but everyone has to take on different roles at that level in an extremely short tournament. Esler was a first round pick in the WHL draft last year. I don't know but maybe that played a role. All three goalies played in the exhibition game in training camp.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Esler was a first round pick in the WHL draft last year. I don't know but maybe that played a role.
And this team was coached by the coach who drafted him, so yes, I'd say that played a role.

Ellsworth could potentially be the 1st goalie off the board in this year's OHL draft.

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
How do teams scouts Europeans for the import draft. Do they have scouts over there or do they go off NHL guys.
Can’s seem to find any on teams scouting departments on respective websites.

Last edited:

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
So right now from how I have seen it from people online the top 10 goes like this, please correct me if I am off.

1: Adam Valentini
2: Alessandro Di Iorio
3: Brady Wassilyn
4: Parker Vaughan
5: Ethan Belchetz
6: Callum Croskery
7: Alex Mclean
8: Zach Nyman
9: Max Crete
10: Nathan Amindovski

does that look about right?

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
So right now from how I have seen it from people online the top 10 goes like this, please correct me if I am off.

1: Adam Valentini
2: Alessandro Di Iorio
3: Brady Wassilyn
4: Parker Vaughan
5: Ethan Belchetz
6: Callum Croskery
7: Alex Mclean
8: Zach Nyman
9: Max Crete
10: Nathan Amindovski

does that look about right?
Disagree with the order at the top, and a few get drafted outside the Top 10, but all you listed should be gone by 15-20.

Reactions: Section5Petes

AAAdad

Jan 29, 2024
No list but still have Wassilyn at the top, Valentini at 2, probably Belchetz at 3.
Would agree about Wassilyn still going #1. Even though he was invisible and ineffective at the Youth Olympics, I think he's still at the top. That Canada team was not coached well...so I have to chalk it up to that.

I've seen this kid play first hand over the last couple of years. My son's team has played Markham and I believe we've never lost. Still, he was a treat to watch with having very little to work with on MM. Some say he's not a 200 foot player...that maybe true...but inside the offensive zone, he's pretty special.

Reactions: Isaac Nootin

BigDevs93

Jul 7, 2021
I think most people would agree that there's a tier break for the forwards after Valentini, Belchetz and Wassilyn, there's a group of about 10-12 forwards that could go after them.

dsanchez1973

Mar 14, 2022
I think most people would agree that there's a tier break for the forwards after Valentini, Belchetz and Wassilyn, there's a group of about 10-12 forwards that could go after them.

I would put Belchetz in that second tier. Really gives me the vibes of someone who matured early and dominated but won't be as good when everyone's big. Final of the Marlies tournament really dropped him in my books.

Blazehockey

Feb 3, 2024
I haven’t seen too much written about OMHA defenceman. Most of what I have seen is Dmen from Scta. Anyone have anything?

Blazehockey

Feb 3, 2024
I haven’t seen too much written about OMHA defenceman. Most of what I have seen is Dmen from Scta. Anyone have anything?
Greer
Mckee
Arnett
Gowan
Goupil
Young

Kearns
Cartwright
Diplacido

Lesser

Mitchell
McMahon

Smith
Nettleton
Barton

Masotti

Huinink

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
How do teams scouts Europeans for the import draft. Do they have scouts over there or do they go off NHL guys.
Can’s seem to find any on teams scouting departments on respective websites.
From what I understand, most teams rely on the agents for a lot of their picks. Video and connections are the name of the game with the import draft.

dsanchez1973

Mar 14, 2022
Hard to judge from a single game where nobody on Oakville really impressed. That whole game they looked over matched vs. Barrie.
It's true they were overwhelmed by a Barrie team that was absolutely rolling, but when you're talking about a top 3 OHL pick, I'd like to see him make more of an impression.

Reactions: Isaac Nootin

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Croskery will be the first Oakville player taken. He should go top 5 easily. Smart hockey player, Never out of position without the puck, excellent gap control, very smooth backward skater using active stick, puck management is very good.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Croskery will be the first Oakville player taken. He should go top 5 easily. Smart hockey player, Never out of position without the puck, excellent gap control, very smooth backward skater using active stick, puck management is very good.
he wont be, hes going to school is the rumour, plus the forward is better imo. forward may go 1.

It's true they were overwhelmed by a Barrie team that was absolutely rolling, but when you're talking about a top 3 OHL pick, I'd like to see him make more of an impression.
ive seen guys like mcdavid have bad games in minor midget, i dont put much on it unless it happens often. kids have bad games often.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020

Interesting to hear an NCAA scout was at the Oakville Rangers game tonight. Have to wonder if he was there to talk to a certain defenceman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad