Prospect Info: 17OA: Axel Sandin Pellikka

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
And that's why Red Wings ain't going to rush him and let's not forget that Yzerman said that SHL is best developmental league in the world. Plu Kronwall will be helping him, he's in good hands.

Off-season is the time to bulk up, then there's less ice practices. When did Veleno and Raymond bulk up? During the off-season.
I don't think he's gonna have much to prove in the SHL next season.

His path to the NHL will depend highly on if Ghost re-signs or not. If he doesn't then ASP gets fast tracked. If Ghost only signs for one year again, I'll bet that ASP winds up in the AHL next season.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I didn't like it, but this kid looks like a solid pick.

Just stat tracking mostly and watching "highlights" so only a so-so picture of him but everything is pointing upwards. Be interesting to see if he pushes for a role as early as next year.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
And that's why Red Wings ain't going to rush him and let's not forget that Yzerman said that SHL is best developmental league in the world. Plu Kronwall will be helping him, he's in good hands.

Off-season is the time to bulk up, then there's less ice practices. When did Veleno and Raymond bulk up? During the off-season.

Seider played one year there and was gone. If a player is ready they will leave. Where do you get this thing of Steve having guys long term in Sweden from? Only Swedish kids would spend time there if they aren't ready. ASP is likely GR bound unless he physically isn't ready for NA next season.

Reactions: David D

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

Just stat tracking mostly and watching "highlights" so only a so-so picture of him but everything is pointing upwards. Be interesting to see if he pushes for a role as early as next year.
I highly doubt he's ready to face NHL forechecks next year. Could he play on the powerplay and bring offensive value? Easily. It's going to be the defensive play at 5-on-5 that dictates when he's ready.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Red Wings defence projections:

Seider --> Seider, long-time Red Wings Norris defenceman.

Walman --> Walman (extended for 3 years, prospect replacing him could be Wallinder on later years, 5 years from here)

Chiarot --> Edvinsson (at some point Chiarot is gone, and Ed will take his 3rd highest ice-time)

Gostisbehere --> think Ghost is the guy who currently plays the "all-offenisve" Pellikka role. Could believe Ghost will be extended short-term, for 2-3 years, and that wil build a timeline for Sandin Pellikka.

Holl --> Holl. Think Holl would be small-role experienced RD vet for a long time.

Määttä --> probably traded, and Wallinder will take his spot.

Petry --> retired after 2 seasons. Maybe Tuomisto can challenge him as 7th D.

Reactions: Xerosine

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Red Wings defence projections:

Seider --> Seider, long-time Red Wings
Walman --> Walman (extended for 3 years, prospect replacing him could be Wallinder)
Chiarot --> Edvinsson (at some point Chiarot is gone, and Ed will take his 3rd highest ice-time)
Gostisbehere --> think Ghost is the guy who currently plays the "all-offenisve" Pellikka role. Could believe Ghost will be extended short-term, for 2-3 years, and that wil build a timeline for Sandin Pellikka.
Holl --> Holl. Think Holl would be small-role RD for a long time.
Määttä --> probably traded, and Wallinder will take his spot.
Petry --> retired after 2 seasons. Maybe Tuomisto can challenge him as 7th D.

Holl is already one of our seven D with the most healthy scratches, I don't think he will be here after his deal is up. The only one he gets more ice time than is Maatta and Maatta still gets dressed ahead of him most of the time other than the first 2 games this season. I think Maatta only plays less, because there must be stamina related issues/or something from pneumonia last year as his ice time went way down. Even with that, he has more games than Holl. Petry has been really bad and he still plays as many as Holl and gets more ice time.

That said, Lalonde seems to love D we hate.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
I don't think he's gonna have much to prove in the SHL next season.

His path to the NHL will depend highly on if Ghost re-signs or not. If he doesn't then ASP gets fast tracked. If Ghost only signs for one year again, I'll bet that ASP winds up in the AHL next season.
He turns 19 in March, he is not that ready. There is still work to be done with his skating and defensive game. 1 more year working with Kronwall, will do wonders. Detroit doesn't fast track prospects, if Ghost doesn't re-sign Yzerman finds someone else.
Seider played one year there and was gone. If a player is ready they will leave. Where do you get this thing of Steve having guys long term in Sweden from? Only Swedish kids would spend time there if they aren't ready. ASP is likely GR bound unless he physically isn't ready for NA next season.
Seider played 1 year DEL and 1 in AHL before he went to SHL and that was only because of covid. Seider is complete different kind of animal.

Last time i checked ASP is a swedish kid(with some finnish blood), Wallinder and Johansson played 3 seasons in Sweden after they were drafted. Edvinsson made the jump to NA after the D+1 year, but Edvinsson was physically and defensively more readier.

At the U18 Worlds Yzerman said that kids will play in Europe, juniors or college until they are physically and mentally ready to play in NHL/AHL and more likely Yzerman meant latter one.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada

solid pick?

He looks like a gem that should have been picked in the top 10. I know he's not the biggest, and has work to do defensively, but man am I ever excited to watch this guy on the PP for years.

Reactions: Ricelund

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Yeah hopefully ASP is good so Konnan can get a new avatar!

star-wars-kylo-ren.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad