Prospect Info: 17OA: Axel Sandin Pellikka

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Apparently its the highest goal scoring season for a junior dman in Sweden since like the 80s and the season isnt halfway over yet? Pretty wild

3 goals away from the record for junior age defensemen with a ton left to play.

When was the last time a defenseman in the SHL hit 20 goals? Has it ever happened?

Reactions: heyfolks

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
I keep waiting for reality to hit and every other game or so he scores the same goal. Not fluky at all.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
That he is doing the unusual in the SEL is very impressive. Next year will be his transition to NA. While Edvinsson slots into the Wings pairings, he slides into that open slot in GR.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
That he is doing the unusual in the SEL is very impressive. Next year will be his transition to NA. While Edvinsson slots into the Wings pairings, he slides into that open slot in GR.
I see this or maybe SEL extra year and then AHL. I think for him it will be on getting him to NHL size vs. being ready from a vision/skill standpoint.

With Wallinder, Ed, and Aljo on the doorstep already I don't see the Wings rushing him.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I’m thinking Edvinson makes it first followed by Wallinder. I don’t think anymore than one rookie dman per year will make it. Axel will make it after that. I’m starting to doubt where AJ fits in. I hope he really steps forward this year

Reactions: Realgud

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
So here it is. SHL defenseman records.

SHL Defensemen - Most Goals in a Single Season

Patrick Hearsley scored 24 in 51 games as a 27 year old and was the most recent to do it in 2013-14. 0.471 gpg pace.
Jan Huokko scored 21 in 46 as a 24 year old. 0.457 gpg pace in 1998-99.
Petteri Nummelin scored 20 in 44 games as a 24 year old. 0.455 gpg pace in 1996-97.

Sandin-Pellikka has 8 in 20. A 0.40 gpg pace. 20.8 goals over the season as an 18 year old if he can keep it up.

Reactions: lilidk

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
He looks like Debrincat.

And yes I know his position.
Kinda sorta... They could be related.

1701128277681.png
1701128295545.png

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
I see this or maybe SEL extra year and then AHL. I think for him it will be on getting him to NHL size vs. being ready from a vision/skill standpoint.

With Wallinder, Ed, and Aljo on the doorstep already I don't see the Wings rushing him.

I can see that as well (staying in the SEL). With 32 regular season games left, that decision (SEL or AHL) is one that requires more time.

The development reports are the usual, needs to be half a step quicker and get stronger. Yet, the compliments are aplenty.

I also like Wallinder.

Reactions: raymond23

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I can see that as well (staying in the SEL). With 32 regular season games left, that decision (SEL or AHL) is one that requires more time.

The development reports are the usual, needs to be half a step quicker and get stronger. Yet, the compliments are aplenty.

I also like Wallinder.

he should get with raymond on how he gained the 8-10 pounds or whatever that he did and then get together with edvinsson's parents that trained his stength and conditioning (if it was soderblom's parents then my mistake).

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
he should get with raymond on how he gained the 8-10 pounds or whatever that he did and then get together with edvinsson's parents that trained his stength and conditioning (if it was soderblom's parents then my mistake).
GR does a good job of bulking kids up, I'd like to see him in GR next season just for that purpose. I don't think the SHL puts as much emphasis on strength and conditioning.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
That's what the off-season is for.
The kid is so successful already in the SHL, he's not gonna see the need to bulk up until he plays in NA and realizes how much more physical the game is over here. Ray played 2 season of NHL hockey before he finally decided to bulk up because of his sophomore slump. We don't need to repeat that. You want them bulking up before making the Wings roster like Joey did.

Plus he's gonna have to adjust his game anyways on both ends of the ice.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
The kid is so successful already in the SHL, he's not gonna see the need to bulk up until he plays in NA and realizes how much more physical the game is over here. Ray played 2 season of NHL hockey before he finally decided to bulk up because of his sophomore slump. We don't need to repeat that. You want them bulking up before making the Wings roster like Joey did.

Plus he's gonna have to adjust his game anyways on both ends of the ice.
And that's why Red Wings ain't going to rush him and let's not forget that Yzerman said that SHL is best developmental league in the world. Plu Kronwall will be helping him, he's in good hands.

Off-season is the time to bulk up, then there's less ice practices. When did Veleno and Raymond bulk up? During the off-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad