Prospect Info: 17OA: Axel Sandin Pellikka

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
just for a bit of perspective.. in 29 games last year in SHL/Champion's League ASP had a total of 2 goals and 3 assists.

This year through 7 games he has 3 goals and an assist.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Barlow also was my first choice for his shot , leadership, team Capitan , good at PK, potential power forward and one of the most NHL ready prospects
Mine was Dvorsky and Benson.

Starting to think Benson is going to be more like a caufield and not a kaprizov type small forward. I know those two were compared to a lot but there is no comparison, Kaprizov is so much better than Caufield.

I am really happy with Danielson though. the red/white game he showed a lot of a great stuff. Should compete pretty hard for a starting spot next year.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Mine was Dvorsky and Benson.

Starting to think Benson is going to be more like a caufield and not a kaprizov type small forward. I know those two were compared to a lot but there is no comparison, Kaprizov is so much better than Caufield.

I am really happy with Danielson though. the red/white game he showed a lot of a great stuff. Should compete pretty hard for a starting spot next year.
Dvorsky’s had a rough start. I’m sure he’ll turn it around but I feel much better about Danielson over DD now.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Dvorsky’s had a rough start. I’m sure he’ll turn it around but I feel much better about Danielson over DD now.
Absolutely. Watching him play in the scrimmage game was definitely bring a calming effect.

I said this year that I won't get upset on who Yzerman's pick was because his first 4 drafts were pretty spot on and then there I was, questioning it. Not so much upset, just confounded. A lot of people here had Danielson but they had him at 17 and not 9. Overall, never going to question it again (maybe until next year 🤷‍♂️)

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
I wanted Dvorsky over Danielson but figured I'd defer to the Wings European scouts who presumably saw something that gave them pause.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
It does say something that Detroit's heavy Sweden presence went with Danielson over Dvorsky. That, and they go with a Swede D in ASP 8 picks later. Following Dvorsky a bit, there's something off-putting about the way he generates offense. I see a good 2C if he hits his potential, but he's gonna need to add some extra gears to his skating.

Danielson however when you watch him, is so fast and matches the speed of the current NHL. Great vision, skill, and shot. RH center too.

Back to ASP - something about the raw-ness of him doesn't scare me as much, as I get a really good feel that he adapts and learns really quickly as he progresses. He did so as a 17 y/o in the WJC, and is starting his SHL season confidently so far. Early returns look really good and that is always a great sign.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
It does say something that Detroit's heavy Sweden presence went with Danielson over Dvorsky. That, and they go with a Swede D in ASP 8 picks later. Following Dvorsky a bit, there's something off-putting about the way he generates offense. I see a good 2C if he hits his potential, but he's gonna need to add some extra gears to his skating.

Danielson however when you watch him, is so fast and matches the speed of the current NHL. Great vision, skill, and shot. RH center too.

Back to ASP - something about the raw-ness of him doesn't scare me as much, as I get a really good feel that he adapts and learns really quickly as he progresses. He did so as a 17 y/o in the WJC, and is starting his SHL season confidently so far. Early returns look really good and that is always a great sign.
Hey so, is the reason why we had compher/copp on the same lines means they are going to bring up danielson over kasper :oooooo

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

I wouldn’t categorize ASP as ”raw”. For his age he’s got a really refined game.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Danielson made me a big fan around March. I think this upcoming season he’s going to win over a lot more wings fans that we’re screaming for Dvorsky.

When hes in Canadas top 6 in December/January playing a big role and gets traded to a contender with other good players to play with, the same people who hated the pick will be pumping his tires harder than anyone on the mainboard

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
I wouldn’t categorize ASP as ”raw”. For his age he’s got a really refined game.
That's fair, I was mainly alluding to his potential. He could be anywhere from a #4 PP QB to - dare I say it - a #1D. It's hard to get a read on him truly but if he's showing signs of growth already, we're in for a real treat if he keeps it up.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
That's fair, I was mainly alluding to his potential. He could be anywhere from a #4 PP QB to - dare I say it - a #1D. It's hard to get a read on him truly but if he's showing signs of growth already, we're in for a real treat if he keeps it up.
Still, nice to know he won't be a 5-7th d

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I wanted Dvorsky over Danielson but figured I'd defer to the Wings European scouts who presumably saw something that gave them pause.
I figured it was pretty clear Dvorsky wasn't a Wings guy when I started reading all the criticism of his skating.

Danielson was absolutely somebody I expected, just because he fits the DRW mold of high compete level, 200 foot game forwards.

ASP I didn't expect at all. To the point where I pointed out repeatedly that Yzerman hadn't picked a sub 6' defenseman with a 1st (Possibly a 2nd and 3rd, too. It was something more ridiculous than just 1st round picks) since Tony Deangelo. But in hindsight, it makes sense. When you've got a pool full of defensively sound giants, you go for the PMD offensive guy.

Reactions: lilidk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad