GDT: #13 | Penguins vs Senators | Nov 13th 7 PM | It's my party, I'll cry if I want to

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I've got the same issue with him that I've got with Jake. Not the same player he was. In that sense, I think you have to be open to trading him.

Now, specifically in Rust's case, he's a UFA. The team has a number for him. If he's not taking it, then you offer him up at 50% retained. You get a 1st plus type of value for that.

If we're 5 points or more out at the deadline I think you move Rust no matter what, even if you do intend to try re-signing him in the off season.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yes, but point being that they made due and still made and did fairly well in the playoffs with less…only when we had a Kessel did we win Cups again…now the stars are older/more injured/not as volume shooters and we need better than a Kessel and we don’t even have a Kessel lol

But I don't think you necessarily need a Kessel. It certainly would help. But, you could've taken a 'mix' approach too.

Reactions: Andy99

The Grim Reaper

Apr 18, 2017
Hobart, Tasmania
I've got the same issue with him that I've got with Jake. Not the same player he was. In that sense, I think you have to be open to trading him.

Now, specifically in Rust's case, he's a UFA. The team has a number for him. If he's not taking it, then you offer him up at 50% retained. You get a 1st plus type of value for that.

Agreed. What style of player are you thinking you'd replace Rust and Jake with? We could really use another Malone/Hornqvist

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If we're 5 points or more out at the deadline I think you move Rust no matter what, even if you do intend to try re-signing him in the off season.

Yeah I actually agree, because I'm not sure you want to pay Rust what it will cost to stay.

EDIT: If you're IN and he isn't staying, then you move him before the deadline. Letang and Malkin too (again, it's more complicated with Malkin, but as I keep saying, you ask).

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Ottawa should be an easy win because of all their sick guys, they said.

DeSmith is an NHL goalie and we don't need an upgrade, they said.

Our wingers are fine and they provide enough skill, they said.

"They" are idiots.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
i remember when we scored period
upload_2021-11-13_20-49-10.gif

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
But I don't think you necessarily need a Kessel. It certainly would help. But, you could've taken a 'mix' approach too.

i still think we need a play driver on the wing who’s an offensive threat to take pressure off Sid and G because they can’t do it anymore, but at this point I’d settle for a couple forwards with some shooting talent lol

TKalltheTime

KILLER PARTIES, ALMOST KILLED ME!
Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
I wish this team kept finding ways to add skill… (Kessel types) and NOT kept adding trash (Erod, Boyle, Simon, the list goes on and on and on…)

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
i still think we need a play driver on the wing who’s an offensive threat to take pressure off Sid and G because they can’t do it anymore, but at this point I’d settle for a couple forwards with some shooting talent lol

That WAS Jake, then the shoulder surgery happened and he is now a complimentary player and not a play driver.

Sad!

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad