GDT: #13 | Penguins vs Senators | Nov 13th 7 PM | It's my party, I'll cry if I want to

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Hope Sid has a herculean run in him, because this start we've had is bad enough that we may in fact need it if we wanna even sniff the playoffs.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
i still think we need a play driver on the wing who’s an offensive threat to take pressure off Sid and G because they can’t do it anymore, but at this point I’d settle for a couple forwards with some shooting talent lol

And ones to alleviate the physical burden.

Why I keep citing the mix. If you get the right mix for both Sid and Geno, then I think you'd create the equivalent of a play driver for each. I guess what I'm thinking is do you want Scott Wilson and Kessel or Malone and Sykora circa 2008 for Malkin?

I've just hated the mix of this team for a couple of years. It's rearranging deck chairs on Titanic unless that gets addressed.

Reactions: Andy99

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
He lost some quickness with his first step and can’t beat guys outside anymore. That was what gave him his value as an NHL player.

He also worked hard and hustled. Honestly, it's his lack of hustle and lack of willingness to basically battle in the corners that annoys me. He spends 99% of his time floating around the perimeter waiting for someone to pass him the puck now.

Reactions: canadianguy77

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
@Pens x Almost willing to concede on this. Still not ready to lynch Wokey yet though
Don’t tell @Dipsy Doodle that DeSmith is having yet another pathetic game.

Doodle watching DeSmith play:

giphy.gif

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Oh here we go with the Sullivan BS again. This team was a goalie short of a run six months ago. The roster was trashed by Hextall and he failed to address the biggest need.

I wouldn’t say trashed…I don’t think Heinen and McGinn for McCann and Tanev is a net negative so far…he did need to bring in a goalie…we couldn’t afford to pay UFA prices but he should have done something I agree

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Why I keep citing the mix. If you get the right mix for both Sid and Geno, then I think you'd create the equivalent of a play driver for each. I guess what I'm thinking is do you want Scott Wilson and Kessel or Malone and Sykora circa 2008 for Malkin?

I've just hated the mix of this team for a couple of years. It's rearranging deck chairs on Titanic unless that gets addressed.

I might take 2021 Malone and Sykora over what we have right now the way they're playing.

Reactions: Andy99 and KIRK

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

not that our coach does any rearranging though lol…

Reactions: KIRK

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I mean, anyone who thought going into the season with Jarry/DeSmith wasn't indicative of this team having thrown in the towel was kidding themselves. They both suck, but I still remain unconvinced that this team's even trying to contend anymore. After three straight 1st round exits of differing embarrassment levels, for us to still keep with the same stuff is pretty telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad