OT: 119th Obsequious Banter Thread: April Foods Day

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

April Foods: Which food is/are among your favorite(s)? (Pick up to three)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I think we all learned a valuable lesson here:

This has to be the dumbest generation of criminals. These idiots just go out & kill so they can rap about it on social media. Their main currency isn’t necessarily money &/or drugs anymore. It’s social media clout.

You have the feds getting involved with a lot of these groups now too (they just indicted a whole gang of them in North Philly) because they’re killing innocent people whether it’s by stray bullets or just mistaken identity.

Last edited:

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
So yesterday I nearly cut off the entire tip of my left index finger with pruning shears like a jabroni....luckily it was mainly the corner tip and mostly the skin with part of the nail. No bone or other damage but close per the xray. Should regenerate. Have some gnarly bloody pics of the finger but not sure they can be posted? Looks like something out of Halloween. Was bleeding like a mofo and had to go to the Lankenau ER which is always a clown show in the city....

Such a fun experience but luckily ok and not my dominant pimp hand and fingerbang digit 😵‍💫

May change my handle name to LittleFinger to challenge @BigToe...
20240826_223543.jpg

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Oh god, new fear unlocked

Way, WAY ahead of you on this. I already shuttered and screamed to myself.

I almost cut off the tip of my middle finger when I was 10. I have issues watching people cut with knives.

My partner cut off the top of her one finger knuckle this year with scissors and I saw that in slow motion. Jesus christ I legit have PTSD when it comes to hand things.

Reactions: Embiid

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia

They have to have crazy money invested in politicians across the board to keep getting away with this.

It would have to be such easy public PR win as a politician(s) to really go after them & make a name for yourself otherwise.

Boeing is like the biggest corporate welfare queen of the U.S. economy...

Way, WAY ahead of you on this. I already shuttered and screamed to myself.

I almost cut off the tip of my middle finger when I was 10. I have issues watching people cut with knives.

My partner cut off the top of her one finger knuckle this year with scissors and I saw that in slow motion. Jesus christ I legit have PTSD when it comes to hand things.
When I checked in at the ER I had my sliced piece of finger in a baggie with ice....figured it was unsalvageable but I think it expedited my ER visit some...girl at the check in desk got some PTSD when I waved it at her...🤣

Last edited:

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
**Not so humble brag incoming**

Today my abstract for a poster presentation was accepted at the National Ground Water Association Conference. It's in Burlington, Vermont September 23 and 24. It was my first abstract I've written during my professional career, so I'm pretty excited about it.

The title is :A Comparison of Geophysical Logs and FLUTe Profiles to Identify Preferential Flow Site Pathways

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015

Today my abstract for a poster presentation was accepted at the National Ground Water Association Conference. It's in Burlington, Vermont September 23 and 24. It was my first abstract I've written during my professional career, so I'm pretty excited about it.

The title is :A Comparison of Geophysical Logs and FLUTe Profiles to Identify Preferential Flow Site Pathways
Congrats! I presented at the AEG conference a decade or so ago in SLC. My buddy and I put together a paper detailing work we did to identify and separate multiple contaminant plumes through sampling and in-situ data collection. Then he left the company and I had to stand in front of everyone by myself.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

They have to have crazy money invested in politicians across the board to keep getting away with this.

It would have to be such easy public PR win as a politician(s) to really go after them & make a name for yourself otherwise.

I'm not gonna jump to conclusions on this one; tires are terrifying things and they're put under lots of stress. This one could be bad luck. And if not luck, maybe bad maintenance schedule by Delta

• Wow
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008

Congrats, boss!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I have a question

• Wow
Reactions: VladDrag

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Congrats! I presented at the AEG conference a decade or so ago in SLC. My buddy and I put together a paper detailing work we did to identify and separate multiple contaminant plumes through sampling and in-situ data collection. Then he left the company and I had to stand in front of everyone by myself.
I went to the Battelle Chlorinated Solvent Conference this year in June, but did not present. I'd done some really cool work, but didn't think it would have made it to that conference. I tried my hand at this one and I got it.

I have a question
No, a hotdog is not a sandwich.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I went to the Battelle Chlorinated Solvent Conference this year in June, but did not present. I'd done some really cool work, but didn't think it would have made it to that conference. I tried my hand at this one and I got it.

No, a hotdog is not a sandwich.

It is, but that is not the question.

Which volcano is objectively the best? In your subjective opinion.

Reactions: VladDrag

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

iu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad