OT: 119th Obsequious Banter Thread: April Foods Day

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

April Foods: Which food is/are among your favorite(s)? (Pick up to three)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Whoa man chatgpt is a COWARD
@Striiker

1726305006048.png

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Imagine a salad bar in todays world where there are 3 people working at a fast food place at a given time. Where they forget to put the burger in the bun.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Roy Roger's used to have a toppings bar. Buy the burger and pile on whatever you wanted.
We had a local place in Raleigh like that called Fat Daddy's. It was a legendary institution in town, then it shut down a decade ago and they opened up a f***ing Panera Bread in it's place. I was 24, but that's when I really felt the last part of my childhood die. I have such fond memories of getting a cheeseburger, then eagerly going for the toppings bar only to load myself up with a good pint of pickles. That's all I needed. I wouldn't even put them on my burger. Just next to it in the little tray.

Man, I still miss that place.

Reactions: trostol

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
[
So was Chili’s. I think we only have one left in the state

I don't think I've ever seen a chilli's with a salad bar. Ruby Tuesday's had them, but the last one around us closed a few months ago

Sizzler.....

That place ruled. When we'd go to Florida every summer when I was younger, that was our spot

QUOTE="Surrounded By Ahos, post: 196732174, member: 69994"]
We had a local place in Raleigh like that called Fat Daddy's. It was a legendary institution in town, then it shut down a decade ago and they opened up a f***ing Panera Bread in it's place. I was 24, but that's when I really felt the last part of my childhood die. I have such fond memories of getting a cheeseburger, then eagerly going for the toppings bar only to load myself up with a good pint of pickles. That's all I needed. I wouldn't even put them on my burger. Just next to it in the little tray.

[/QUOTE]
Sounds wonderful. Fuddruckers was similar, but they went under too

swami24

Jul 24, 2020

That's what I did too! A little of this and that, and a stack of pickle slices on the side

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Ponderosa was the place as a kid my family and then usually like Grandmom + Aunt/Uncle went out to eat. Up on Roosevelt Boulevard near where Best Buy used to be when it was near Red Lion Road.

I remember after most of them closed we had driven out to drop some things off for a cousin in Lancaster and there was still one out there and we out there. Probably last time I ate at one.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
[

I don't think I've ever seen a chilli's with a salad bar. Ruby Tuesday's had them, but the last one around us closed a few months ago

That place ruled. When we'd go to Florida every summer when I was younger, that was our spot

QUOTE="Surrounded By Ahos, post: 196732174, member: 69994"]

Oh right it was Ruby Tuesdays.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
S
Roy Roger's used to have a toppings bar. Buy the burger and pile on whatever you wanted.
Still do, just not many locations outside of rest stops anymore.

Ponderosa was the place as a kid my family and then usually like Grandmom + Aunt/Uncle went out to eat. Up on Roosevelt Boulevard near where Best Buy used to be when it was near Red Lion Road.

I remember after most of them closed we had driven out to drop some things off for a cousin in Lancaster and there was still one out there and we out there. Probably last time I ate at one.
There was one up in north central PA when I was working up there, but that was probably 15 years ago at this point.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019

Pondersa had a sweet Sunday breakfast buffet that we would hit after church when I was a kid

Arthur Treacher's Fish & Chips (with a nod to Long John Silvers)

BUT, I still miss Gino's and their Gino's Giant and Sirloiner burgers.

Loved long John silvers. We I had my driving permit, my older sister would let me drive if I bought here lo Jo’s

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad