• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
FzY-mcwWIAACwZ7

I’ve been playing Call of Duty since 2006. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
So ummm at first I was surprised in the morning, seeing those guys are in Rostov. Hours later they have been in Voronezh, now reportedly in Lipetsk, about 400 km away from Moscow. And let me tell you, I am a bit nervous because there is no good side there

Are you still in Germany? Everything ok?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Russia faces chaos if Prigozhin comes to power in the Kremlin. Not sure how I feel about this internal strife. Putin is obsessed with threats to Russia's territorial stability and integrity and will pull out all the stops. Not sure how all this will play out but a nuclear power potentially facing disintegration again is dangerous for the world. Right now Wagner wants to oust the military brass more than Putin but from Putin's standpoint it is treason as he's announced.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Are you still in Germany? Everything ok?

Germany (and Benelux) was amazing but there were some organizational changes that lead to me moving back to Prague earlier this month instead, making a pragmatic choice about my career. Got a nice promotion in my old company so that was nice, but I want to go back to Germany or Austria soon :)

And thank you for asking :)

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Germany (and Benelux) was amazing but there were some organizational changes that lead to me moving back to Prague earlier this month instead, making a pragmatic choice about my career. Got a nice promotion in my old company so that was nice, but I want to go back to Germany or Austria soon :)

And thank you for asking :)
Glad you seem to be doing well. Stay safe.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Back to the sub, I've done some learning about carbon fiber.

Apparently it's fantastic to hold a gas. The fibers stretch and act like a balloon and the whole thing actually stiffens and strengthens when I der internal pressure. But when the pressure is coming from the outside, the carbon fibers don't provide any real support. So in an application like the sub, it's basically just a f***ing tube of epoxy you're hoping holds together. The fibers are just a thing for the epoxy to stick to and aren't providing much of any support.

Lots of paintball tanks are made from carbon fiber weave.

Russia made a few submarines purely out of titanium, and as far as I recall they were the best at diving farther than any other subs.

I also got the privilege of driving a 688 (fast attack) submarine.

Everything about the Oceangate CEO reeks of stupidity.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Lots of paintball tanks are made from carbon fiber weave.

Russia made a few submarines purely out of titanium, and as far as I recall they were the best at diving farther than any other subs.

I also got the privilege of driving a 688 (fast attack) submarine.

Everything about the Oceangate CEO reeks of stupidity.
Hubris is also part of it. Dude wanted no regulation bc he felt it would inhibit "innovation." It's like the TBTF "banks." All their fraudulant activity was said to be innovative and sophisticated until it imploded like this clown's Oster pressure cooker...

Reactions: BernieParent

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Marine expert and sea world employee sounds like an oxymoron.

I know it's not popular opinion but most of the seaworld employees try and do a good job. They routinely deal with stranded / injured wild life. (the San Diego branch anyways)

Hubris is also part of it. Dude wanted no regulation bc he felt it would inhibit "innovation." It's like the TBTF "banks." All their fraudulant activity was said to be innovative and sophisticated until it imploded like this clown's Oster pressure cooker...

He didn't want to hire ex submariners that were 50 year old white guys because it wasn't inspiring.

Ya know.... the exact people you want to hire. Submariners are a crude odd group of people but keep it real at the same time. Those guys wouldn't beat around the bush to tell you you're a f***ing moron. The US Navy invented the SUBSAFE program for this exact reason....

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia

I remember hearing this at subschool. The instructor stated that the Ti body allowed for deeper dives, but with the unwanted side effect of remaining deformed when the sub came back to surface. (As opposed to the LA class with HY-80 steel skin sort of returning to shape at sea level).

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Courses to play east of Philly? Can be in NJ, as far in as Marlton

Twisted Dune or Harbor Pines Egg Harbor are worth the drive. On the same road there is McCullough's where every hole os based on an English links course. Closer, but still a little to the NE of Marlton is Hanover Golf, in Wrightstown. Good course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad