OT: 112th Obsequious Banter Thread: Nearing the Halfway Point of the Year

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which 1 of 12 is Your Favorite Month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinatown88

348 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
The kids just learned to play using a starter set. It comes with three decks but I figured I might as well make one for myself but don’t know what I’m looking at.
The good news is that me and @Hollywood Cannon can 1000000000% confirm you don't need to go out and drop half a million on a 1st edition shadowless base set Charizard.

This should suffice for your home play. If you wanna buy more packs just buy them. You aren't going to have to hunt for specific cards because it isn't competitive. If you wanna open a bunch with the kiddos and hope to strike gold it might be fun.

Reactions: Lord Defect

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
The good news is that me and @Hollywood Cannon can 1000000000% confirm you don't need to go out and drop half a million on a 1st edition shadowless base set Charizard.

This should suffice for your home play. If you wanna buy more packs just buy them. You aren't going to have to hunt for specific cards because it isn't competitive. If you wanna open a bunch with the kiddos and hope to strike gold it might be fun.
But what do I buy? Boosters? Do you get trainers in those or just Pokémon?

Chinatown88

348 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
But what do I buy? Boosters? Do you get trainers in those or just Pokémon?
Boosters have every type of card.

Collectibility is an important part of the Pokémon Trading Card Game. Each booster pack contains 10 game cards: 4 commons, 3 uncommons, and 3 foils (at least one of which will be rare or higher). Each booster pack also contains 1 Energy card and 1 code card that can be redeemed in the Pokémon TCG Online or Pokémon TCG Live. Note: sets prior to Scarlet & Violet only guarantee at least 1 foil card per booster pack.

Reactions: Lord Defect

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013

Chinatown88

348 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I bought a $20 set that came with 1 legendary? 4 boosters. Then I bought 4 boosters. Im swimming in Pokémon but don’t have enough trainers or energy to field a deck.
Hmmmmm

Do you have a local TCG store near you? They might have a bunch of energy cards that they would sell to you for cheap.

Trainers might be an issue. It's really been almost 20 years since I played competitive. So I don't know how broken Trainer cards are in these newer sets.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Hmmmmm

Do you have a local TCG store near you? They might have a bunch of energy cards that they would sell to you for cheap.

Trainers might be an issue. It's really been almost 20 years since I played competitive. So I don't know how broken Trainer cards are in these newer sets.
I do have one, it’s more of a game store but I’m sure they have Pokémon stuff. Im pretty sure they have magic so I don’t see why they wouldn’t have the other. I’ll give that a look. Thanks

Reactions: Chinatown88

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Hmmmmm

I might grab this instead. Seems like it had enough to get me going.
I appreciate the help

Reactions: Chinatown88

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
I dunno....while Putin is a thug....having a military mercenary group that smashes prisoners with sledgehammers take power in Russia would be much worse for world security. They make the Bolsheviks look like cub scouts. It would be the equivalent of Blackwater marching on Washington during the Iraq war....

Not sure how Prighozin is going to live peacefully in exile either...

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I love how some people here are attacking high-key local analysts for being wrong, but who the hell can predict this crap? Lukashenko as peace negotiator?

Putin being in power makes no sense for Prigozhin after all that was said and done. Prigozhin being alive and free with an army of up to 25k men makes no sense for Putin. Or Lukashenko. Folding Wagner troops into the military after they've both been openly fighting each other makes no sense for anyone. MOD assuming control of Wagner destroys the facade that theyre an independent company providing security services, so if I were the Chinese state id immediately make my own PMC service and use that to get my claws deeper in Africa since that's the norm now.

None of it makes sense, so I assume this isn't finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad