OT: 112th Obsequious Banter Thread: Nearing the Halfway Point of the Year

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which 1 of 12 is Your Favorite Month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

I'm not 100% sure that's actually moscow, it may be Rostov (nearer to Ukraine border) since I've seen other videos of armored vehicles there. Altho this was posted by a journalist covering Russia so dunno

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I shoot in the 90s from blue tees

This is in egg harbor bro lol

I'm looking for Philly to Marlton, that area
Don't know if you've ever heard of it, but there is this thing called the AGS Tour. Last year it was called the Workhorse Tour and was only based in PA, but they sold the idea and morphed into this big thing where they now have weekly events in PA, NJ and DE. The Golf Association of Philly is involved as well, so it's a fairly legit thing. You play on your own time during the week and they have leaderboards based on handicap. Here's the list of courses they're playing at in NJ. Might give you an idea of some courses.

Screenshot_20230623-200800.png

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

So JP Morgan was fined $4m by the SEC for deleting something like 47 million emails which the SEC was trying to access regarding multiple probes. lol what a joke. They probably saved well over $4m from deleting those emails and the information the SEC was after.

What's that saying about if a crime has a fine it's only a penalty for the lower class...

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Don't know if you've ever heard of it, but there is this thing called the AGS Tour. Last year it was called the Workhorse Tour and was only based in PA, but they sold the idea and morphed into this big thing where they now have weekly events in PA, NJ and DE. The Golf Association of Philly is involved as well, so it's a fairly legit thing. You play on your own time during the week and they have leaderboards based on handicap. Here's the list of courses they're playing at in NJ. Might give you an idea of some courses.

View attachment 720606
Huge. Thank you!

Reactions: Cody Webster

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia

So JP Morgan was fined $4m by the SEC for deleting something like 47 million emails which the SEC was trying to access regarding multiple probes. lol what a joke. They probably saved well over $4m from deleting those emails and the information the SEC was after.

What's that saying about if a crime has a fine it's only a penalty for the lower class...

JP Morgan pretty much owns the country thanks to the Fed and supine elite political class...so...yeah.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Back to the sub, I've done some learning about carbon fiber.

Apparently it's fantastic to hold a gas. The fibers stretch and act like a balloon and the whole thing actually stiffens and strengthens when I der internal pressure. But when the pressure is coming from the outside, the carbon fibers don't provide any real support. So in an application like the sub, it's basically just a f***ing tube of epoxy you're hoping holds together. The fibers are just a thing for the epoxy to stick to and aren't providing much of any support.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014

Apparently it's fantastic to hold a gas. The fibers stretch and act like a balloon and the whole thing actually stiffens and strengthens when I der internal pressure. But when the pressure is coming from the outside, the carbon fibers don't provide any real support. So in an application like the sub, it's basically just a f***ing tube of epoxy you're hoping holds together. The fibers are just a thing for the epoxy to stick to and aren't providing much of any support.
This wasn't their first trip though, right? I heard they've done like 20+ dives. After a while I'm sure all that pressure causes stress fractures and whatnot.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

Lol at the dude in shorts, with flip flops smoking a cigarette and just watching a PMC deploy troops to surround the local defense ministry.

Reactions: BigToe and kudymen

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Who saw Ukraine on the offensive and an army marching on Moscow?

Last edited:

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Authorities have noted a steady increase in interactions between orcas and vessels in the Strait of Gibraltar and Portugal, with more than 20 incidents in May alone. In some cases, boats have been significantly damaged, at least three to the point of sinking, organizers said, as the behavior appears to be spreading among different killer whale family groups.

Earlier this week, an orca repeatedly rammed into a yacht in the North Sea off Shetland, in the first such incident in northern waters.

Whales are done with humans.

They're probably sick of ingesting our plastic waste.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville

So basically, if you're at the bottom of the ocean, you can't blow up a balloon? I wonder if you can blow up a balloon in a black hole. Speaking of...did those guys find the alternate universe yet? I just hit the Powerball and now I'm bored. Need some exploration to scratch that itch.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
So basically, if you're at the bottom of the ocean, you can't blow up a balloon? I wonder if you can blow up a balloon in a black hole. Speaking of...did those guys find the alternate universe yet? I just hit the Powerball and now I'm bored. Need some exploration to scratch that itch.
The amount of air needed to blow up a balloon at that depth would be massive.

Take a scuba diver. As they descend, the air needed to fill their lungs increases significantly with relatively little depth. Every 30ish feet means that they need an extra 1x the amount they use on the surface. So at just 130 feet, which is the typical max for a recreational diver, they use about 5 times the amount of oxygen as they use on the surface. So to fill a balloon at 12,000 feet would take... a lot of air.

It gets more fun, though! The pressure decreases in the same way during ascent. So that balloon you filled at 12,000 feet will begin to expand as you get shallower. You will need to let the air out or it will burst. A balloon could look empty at that depth, and all of a sudden be full after relieving a few atmospheres of pressure. And the shallower you get, the more relatively massive that change is. Going from 30 feet to the surface would double the air in your balloon. So remember to exhale when you surface.

Now, that only applies to air entering a chamber at depth, though. Scuba divers have to breathe constantly to prevent damage to their lungs. Free divers don't. The reason is simple. The air in their lungs shrinks as more pressure is put on their bodies. This isn't an issue, though, because they don't fill that space with more air the way the scuba diver does. So when they surface again, the air re-expands until their lungs are full again. It's why whales can dive thousands of feet despite breathing air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad