OT: 112th Obsequious Banter Thread: Nearing the Halfway Point of the Year

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which 1 of 12 is Your Favorite Month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

Authorities have noted a steady increase in interactions between orcas and vessels in the Strait of Gibraltar and Portugal, with more than 20 incidents in May alone. In some cases, boats have been significantly damaged, at least three to the point of sinking, organizers said, as the behavior appears to be spreading among different killer whale family groups.

Earlier this week, an orca repeatedly rammed into a yacht in the North Sea off Shetland, in the first such incident in northern waters.

Whales are done with humans.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015

Authorities have noted a steady increase in interactions between orcas and vessels in the Strait of Gibraltar and Portugal, with more than 20 incidents in May alone. In some cases, boats have been significantly damaged, at least three to the point of sinking, organizers said, as the behavior appears to be spreading among different killer whale family groups.

Earlier this week, an orca repeatedly rammed into a yacht in the North Sea off Shetland, in the first such incident in northern waters.

Yeah, this has been going on for some time now. In a number of cases, they seem to be targeting the rudders. Nobody is exactly sure what kicked off the behavior.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Yeah, this has been going on for some time now. In a number of cases, they seem to be targeting the rudders. Nobody is exactly sure what kicked off the behavior.

They seem to be targeting rich c***s in yachts. I can't pretend like I am against it.

In related news, it didn't rain today for the 700th day in a row.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville

They hunt seals in packs like this. They disrupt the ice the seals are floating on to get them in the water. Amazingly intelligent creatures

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018

1000000617.jpg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

They're hitting the choke points. Straight of Hormuz next?

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
They seem to be targeting rich c***s in yachts. I can't pretend like I am against it.

In related news, it didn't rain today for the 700th day in a row.
A number of the people they've hit are not rich based on what I've seen in the cruising community. Just people who are traveling via their sailboat in or out of the Med.

They hunt seals in packs like this. They disrupt the ice the seals are floating on to get them in the water. Amazingly intelligent creatures
Not just ice.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
An armed rebellion. The FSB has entered it into record.

Not that I have any idea what will happen, but Prigozhin has had months to prep and hired some of the best and brightest directly from the FSB and FSO. I wouldn’t imagine he did this haphazardly.

This has been his only inevitable play for months. If he hasn't prepared well he's a fool.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
My initial reaction is that if he doesn’t have the security bureaus, it doesn’t matter. But the key here is that no one knows. No one has good sources. So we just wait for the proverbial fog of war to go away and then see.

Yep. Just gotta go for the ride.

I think it was starting in mid/late April of '22 that I predicted at least one of Shoigu, Gerasimov, or Prigozhin would do something drastic.

With the way Putin's regime works, there's simply no way all of them would get all the way through this debacle of a war without deciding they were gonna be scapegoated, and realizing they need to take initiative and get before they're got.

Reactions: Asnito and mja
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad