OT: 112th Obsequious Banter Thread: Nearing the Halfway Point of the Year

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which 1 of 12 is Your Favorite Month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
You could pick an aircraft carrier and get a miniseries worth of stories out of it. The USS Enterprise seems like a pretty obvious example.

I'd love to see the Hornet, personally. It didn't make it through, so the ending would be pretty crushing, but Midway and Guadalcanal, and no other ship gives you the Doolittle Raid.

ETA: You also have footage from when the wreck was found a few years back. It's insanely well preserved.

Last edited:

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
@deadhead close your eyes. It's kitten season. Courtesy of my neighbors

20230622_215347.jpg

20230622_215400.jpg

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Love!!

Wife doesn't want to get a cat, so I secretly hope I come outside one day and there is just an abandoned kitten sitting in the driveway or something

We took these pictures for her sister and hubby, who are in the market for a couple cats. We already have two and one dog for the next few months at least. But after seeing them, there is a strong sense we will be getting a third heh

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
The ongoing coverage of these fools is ridiculous. You would think Mother Teresa was among the 5 that are now shark chum....

Even Mother Teresa was overshadowed by Princess Diana even if Mother Teresa wasn't exactly the "Saint" she came to be.....

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

First off to that writer **** off with that virtue signaling garbage. You're not a sociopath if you don't get upset at this. You're not a bad person if you looked at the amount of coverage and attention and rescue attempts given to these 5 wealthy people and remarked how many thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands of boat migrants drown and nobody gives a ****.

Fact of the matter is you have a bunch of rich people get into a tin can that wasn't regulated or safe. Agree to a waiver to do so and all because they were so wealthy they wanted to be able to do something that other wealthy people hadn't yet so they could have 'clout' for it.

62% of all first class passengers survived the Titanic. 25% of third class passengers survived.

It's a god damn MASS GRAVE and memorial to the divide of classes and 75% of the 'poorest' people who weren't traveling for entertainment, but to try and find a new start and make a living died because they were not wealthy.

So you have WEALTHY people again coming to exploit a mass grave for their own curiosity and entertainment that is filled largely with 'poor' people.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
First off to that writer **** off with that virtue signaling garbage. You're not a sociopath if you don't get upset at this. You're not a bad person if you looked at the amount of coverage and attention and rescue attempts given to these 5 wealthy people and remarked how many thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands of boat migrants drown and nobody gives a ****.

Fact of the matter is you have a bunch of rich people get into a tin can that wasn't regulated or safe. Agree to a waiver to do so and all because they were so wealthy they wanted to be able to do something that other wealthy people hadn't yet so they could have 'clout' for it.

62% of all first class passengers survived the Titanic. 25% of third class passengers survived.

It's a god damn MASS GRAVE and memorial to the divide of classes and 75% of the 'poorest' people who weren't traveling for entertainment, but to try and find a new start and make a living died because they were not wealthy.

So you have WEALTHY people again coming to exploit a mass grave for their own curiosity and entertainment that is filled largely with 'poor' people.

Waiting for the next private sub to be launched to visit the remains of this sub. Money - it has no moral compass.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Hmmm...wonder if there is a story for the navy to be had in WW2 like Band of Brothers
Not a series but The Battle of Midway is an absolute classic movie. One of my top 5 movies ever. Contains actual footage from the battle. If you have never watched, it is a must see

I'd love to see the Hornet, personally. It didn't make it through, so the ending would be pretty crushing, but Midway and Guadalcanal, and no other ship gives you the Doolittle Raid.

ETA: You also have footage from when the wreck was found a few years back. It's insanely well preserved.
My grandfather served on the Hornet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad