OT: 112th Obsequious Banter Thread: Nearing the Halfway Point of the Year

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which 1 of 12 is Your Favorite Month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Feral and domesticated cats kill billions of birds every year in the U.S. It's a huge problem with a clear but unpopular solution.

I am choosing to believe that he made it, buuuuut I just found one dead on my porch. Similar looking, but maybe a little smaller. I just want to know where they keep finding them. That's four so far this year.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I was in the market for a truck, so I’m toying with the idea of using the credit to span the difference in price for a truck I wouldn’t be able to afford.
That or have no or next to no payment. Both are pretty cool option imo.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
I'm a huge fan of the attenuator trucks. Let the idiots slam into the back of those instead of workers, their pickups, or state troopers sitting in their vehicles. Fantastic invention.
Had an incident where two drivers were racing to get into the left lane, the driver on the right ran out of road and didn’t choose hitting the crash truck instead driving 60 mph off the highway into a tree right next to our crew.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Anyone win anything big before?
I just won a truck! 2023 ford insert whatever model I choose because the dealer that donated the truck didn’t have any in hand so I’m getting the credit equivalent to spend at that dealer.
That's sweet! How'd you win?

Get the Raptor :naughty:

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE

Simpler times

I am SO glad I missed out on that anime stuff. I hated the Speed Racer cartoon back in the day, too. Miyazaki is fine, I guess (engaging stories, vivid palettes, and philosophical musings), but the dubbed voices, stilted cadences, and lack of fluid motion is a non-starter for me. Give me old Disney and Warner Brothers animation (i.e. pre-1970) or Kricfalusi. Hell, pre-1980 Hanna Barbera, too.

Reactions: Lord Defect

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Anyone win anything big before?
I just won a truck! 2023 ford insert whatever model I choose because the dealer that donated the truck didn’t have any in hand so I’m getting the credit equivalent to spend at that dealer.

Back in 2002 or 2003 (old age is a bitch), I won WIP's Most Knowledgeable Sports Fan contest. They were pumping this contest for what felt like forever and it was getting on my nerves, so I called up, answered all the questions correctly, and made it to the next round. Went into the studio and met the whole morning team (and Jonesy) for the second round about a week later. Won that, too. Went back a week or two after that for the finals and beat everyone. Didn't miss a question during the entire process.

Won a $5,000 flat screen TV (57" - times were different). Gave it to my Pop.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Back in 2002 or 2003 (old age is a bitch), I won WIP's Most Knowledgeable Sports Fan contest. They were pumping this contest for what felt like forever and it was getting on my nerves, so I called up, answered all the questions correctly, and made it to the next round. Went into the studio and met the whole morning team (and Jonesy) for the second round about a week later. Won that, too. Went back a week or two after that for the finals and beat everyone. Didn't miss a question during the entire process.

Won a $5,000 flat screen TV (57" - times were different). Gave it to my Pop.
Nice!
I love hearing stories about people winning.

Reactions: Kermit the Prog

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
For the conspiracy theorists, a major highway through Montreal was closed for 10 hours today after a truck caught fire underneath it. The overpass is for a light rail system that hasn't even opened yet. Engineers are assessing the damage to the structure. The truck was burned completely but no body was found.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
This shouldn’t be a thing

I'm not sure where you're coming from on this, and I won't assume, but I feel like it would be discriminating to not allow it, no? In my admittedly very limited experience, I think most folks with disabilities just want to be treated the same as everyone else. And according to the article, it's already been around in Europe. If it helps grow the games and awareness of certain disabilities (and athletes that overcome them) I can't see that as a bad thing.

Reactions: Jack Straw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad