OT: 112th Obsequious Banter Thread: Nearing the Halfway Point of the Year

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which 1 of 12 is Your Favorite Month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinatown88

349 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Screenshot-20230615-143349-Gallery.jpg

I found it again. Or it found me? Oh dear.
Are you following them or are they following you?

• Wow
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Pretty sure there's one guy using a hand grinder for effect... Took them all day to move a pile of dirt.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Yes. Until they can get the detour established. Then they shall build a temporary bridge off to the side and shuttle traffic there, remove the fill and replace the burnt bride.

The temporary solution is a quick build of 6 lanes in the middle, on top of tons of crushed glass made into a rock like
aggregate, then rebuild the outside 6 lanes. Once they are done, remove the temporary road and build it permanently. Quite fascinating.

• Wow
Reactions: Rebels57

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

The temporary solution is a quick build of 6 lanes in the middle, on top of tons of crushed glass made into a rock like
aggregate, then rebuild the outside 6 lanes. Once they are done, remove the temporary road and build it permanently. Quite fascinating.

The myths that America can't build anything anymore are bunk. I just had ~20 miles of an interstate completely rebuilt to a wildly different design, and we actually gained lane mileage during the project rather than losing it. It was pretty incredible stuff. They built an entirely new highway on top of the existing highway while keeping said highway at full operation. The average joe just grumbled about work zones, but the fact of the matter is that I-66 was actually much better to travel on at all times during the work than it had been prior to the project, and they just didn't remember. Ungrateful worms.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016

It allows the state to open up both lanes of I-95 in a much quicker manner then if the highway remained closed while the bridges were being rebuilt.

It’s very a ingenious idea, back filling the ramp underneath both lanes of I-95 and then paving asphalt over the backfill in order to open up 3 lanes in each direction, so that the city can do away with the really long detours and the subsequent traffic backups.

A very tight lane shift will be set up in each direction at the outset of those new outside bridges being built. while work begins on the inside to make a full bridge connection.

In the middle the asphalt will be milled back up and the backfill will be picked up by front end loaders into dump trucks and hulled away and the last phase would be the reopening of the ramp underneath I-95 which will need a full repave after being pulverized by fuel fire and subsequent construction work.

It’s gonna take awhile that’s why a pressurized timeline isn’t available at this time. I’d say every bit of 4-5 months for a complete bridge and fully reopening to normal operations of the northbound and southbound lanes of I-95 which, will probably include new concrete abutments, concrete divider barriers, reflective delineators, roadway signage and highway line striping.

Some folks don’t realize how much work needs to be done and the 4-5 months depends if the steel beams are manufactured at a break neck speed.
Funds need to move quickly where it’s needed.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
The myths that America can't build anything anymore are bunk. I just had ~20 miles of an interstate completely rebuilt to a wildly different design, and we actually gained lane mileage during the project rather than losing it. It was pretty incredible stuff. They built an entirely new highway on top of the existing highway while keeping said highway at full operation. The average joe just grumbled about work zones, but the fact of the matter is that I-66 was actually much better to travel on at all times during the work than it had been prior to the project, and they just didn't remember. Ungrateful worms.
It’s also always appreciated by the workers on the highway when traffic slows down or moves over when they see those flashing lights, orange cones and orange signs that say Road Work 1 mile, RW 1/2 mile, RW 1500ft, RW 1000ft, RW 500ft, | \ < lane drop, give us a break, ect…

Used to hate those asshole drivers that would go flying through a work zone doing 90 mph while riding tight to the cones we were placing on the highway, can’t count how many times that scared the crap out of me having cars or trucks mirrors within inches of taking an arm off, while being left with our shirts rippling from the sudden rush of wind from a vehicle moving at a high rate of speed within inches.

I’ve seen some shit on the highway so I give those highway workers tons of credit, they do some hard ass work and some basically don’t have a life in the summer and most have to earn every dollar after which case they are spent by the end of their work week, some of those folks are a different hard working breed and some are even a little crazy playing with traffic.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Had to rescue this guy from one of our cats. His eyes looked a little jacked, but I don't know if it was from the cat or he's just still super young. Put him in a tissue box with some bird feed and grass and left him out back. He was still there when I checked this morning, but flew to the neighbors yard when I moved the box. He was there for a few hours, but was gone when I went out to mow. Good luck little dude!

Resized_20230615_202300.jpeg

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
For those suffering from kidney stones feel lucky you're not this guy

1686932942403.png

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It’s also always appreciated by the workers on the highway when traffic slows down or moves over when they see those flashing lights, orange cones and orange signs that say Road Work 1 mile, RW 1/2 mile, RW 1500ft, RW 1000ft, RW 500ft, | \ < lane drop, give us a break, ect…

Used to hate those asshole drivers that would go flying through a work zone doing 90 mph while riding tight to the cones we were placing on the highway, can’t count how many times that scared the crap out of me having cars or trucks mirrors within inches of taking an arm off, while being left with our shirts rippling from the sudden rush of wind from a vehicle moving at a high rate of speed within inches.

I’ve seen some shit on the highway so I give those highway workers tons of credit, they do some hard ass work and some basically don’t have a life in the summer and most have to earn every dollar after which case they are spent by the end of their work week, some of those folks are a different hard working breed and some are even a little crazy playing with traffic.

I'm a huge fan of the attenuator trucks. Let the idiots slam into the back of those instead of workers, their pickups, or state troopers sitting in their vehicles. Fantastic invention.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Sweet Lucy's Smokehouse nearby there is actually not bad...
Everything at sweet Lucy’s tastes exactly the same. I do not know why anyone eats there.
It’s chain restaurant quality food that isn’t successful enough to be a chain.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Everything at sweet Lucy’s tastes exactly the same. I do not know why anyone eats there.
It’s chain restaurant quality food that isn’t successful enough to be a chain.
It's been years for me so can't really remember it too well. I remember it being palatable at least and was willing to return. I maybe went 2x. Why I said pretty good. Maybe now they suck....dunno

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
It's been years for me so can't really remember it too well. I remember it being palatable at least and was willing to return. I maybe went 2x. Why I said pretty good. Maybe now they suck....dunno
It’s good the first time, the next time you go and get something else that should taste different but doesn’t is when the light clicks.
It’s nearly the only bbq place around, that’s got to be the only reason why anyone goes there.
Nicks bbq pit on Snyder is so much better. Hell, north east sandwich co does better bbq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad