OT: 112th Obsequious Banter Thread: Nearing the Halfway Point of the Year

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which 1 of 12 is Your Favorite Month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
If I upgrade I’m trying to keep it within the 30k extra price range. Possibly.
I did price out a king ranch with all the bells and whistles.
The problem though is ford “arbitrarily” pulled a bunch of features from their lineup due to chip shortages but still have the options available on the “build a vehicle” page.
I believe the dealer said it’s about an 8 month wait to build.
Don't forget to budget for the taxes.

Congrats!

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
I've given one kick ass public speech in my life. A toast for my bud as his best man at the wedding. My pro tip is: think about what you want to say/convey. Rehearse it in your head as much as you want, but never write it down or memorize it. The words you choose in the moment will be natural and sincere. People love that shit
I have given 2, both at my church. One to explain why it was taking so long to find a new pastor. I was search committee chair, and I was able explain the process without resulting to saying the candidates we were given by the synod were terrible. The other was my dad's eulogy. Mentioned some things that even people close to him didn't know, and had many in tears. Just realized it will been 5 years on the 20th.
Still miss him.

Less than a month to open 6 temporay lanes will be an incredible achievement in engineering!!!

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
I have given 2, both at my church. One to explain why it was taking so long to find a new pastor. I was search committee chair, and I was able explain the process without resulting to saying the candidates we were given by the synod were terrible. The other was my dad's eulogy. Mentioned some things that even people close to him didn't know, and had many in tears. Just realized it will been 5 years on the 20th.
Still miss him.

Less than a month to open 6 temporay lanes will be an incredible achievement in engineering!!!
Wait..... you didn’t just pull a Flyers move and promote an alter boy?

Reactions: Lord Defect

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Shapiro saying that i-95 is going to be reopened within 2 weeks! that's craziness.

It's actually blowing my mind how after days of it looking like they had maybe 7 people working on it they actually have it built up as a platform almost 3/4th's to highway level.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cody Webster

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Anyone here a plumber or have plumbing experience?

I have a slow filling toilet. Googled and YT'd a bunch of different solutions.

So I turned off the water to pop the cap off the fill valve. Turned it on again, cupping the flow, to clear any debris. Some debris came out, and flow seemed normal. Took off the washer and cleaned up the gunk buildup.

Reconnected everything, turned on the water, tank filled like normal. Yay.

Except very next flush, same slow filling problem.

Turned off water, disconnected water supply hose from toilet. Turned it on again in a bucket, and water flow is powerful and normal.

But the same thing seems to happen. When I empty the tank and turn off the water, the tank will fill normally when I turn it on again. But after a flush, no dice.

Any thoughts?

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville

So I turned off the water to pop the cap off the fill valve. Turned it on again, cupping the flow, to clear any debris. Some debris came out, and flow seemed normal. Took off the washer and cleaned up the gunk buildup.

Turned off water, disconnected water supply hose from toilet. Turned it on again in a bucket, and water flow is powerful and normal.

But the same thing seems to happen. When I empty the tank and turn off the water, the tank will fill normally when I turn it on again. But after a flush, no dice.

Any thoughts?

Can you check the flow out of the fill valve on a flush vs empty tank fill up? If it's the same I'd think maybe your flapper isn't sealing properly or quickly enough

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Can you check the flow out of the fill valve on a flush vs empty tank fill up? If it's the same I'd think maybe your flapper isn't sealing properly or quickly enough

Thanks for the response. I’ll give that a try. But i think it’s definitely a fill valve issue because the water flow out of it is just a trickle - yet functions normally when I take off the cap, put it back on and turn the water back on. It’s very strange.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

Any thoughts?
Just go to depot and get a new fill valve. Leave the bottom portion connected, push the retaining ring down and replace the top half.
Less of a headache spending $15 than trying to diagnose a random issue with a fill valve.

Shapiro saying that i-95 is going to be reopened within 2 weeks! that's craziness.

It takes a minimum of 7 days for concrete to be cured enough to handle vehicle traffic. I don’t have hopes for 95 to be opened that quickly.

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
It takes a minimum of 7 days for concrete to be cured enough to handle vehicle traffic. I don’t have hopes for 95 to be opened that quickly.

If they get this platform built up which wasn't even there yesterday, to the top in a couple more days (which looks likely) then they'll have that time to cure the concrete. I mean i know this is union contractors we are talking about but crazy how far they are already...i'm not gonna drive on that road though.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Any thoughts?

I can try beating it up

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Just go to depot and get a new fill valve. Leave the bottom portion connected, push the retaining ring down and replace the top half.
Less of a headache spending $15 than trying to diagnose a random issue with a fill valve.

That's temporary they arent going to be concreting it lol.

Just making a mountain of ground up glass and slapping asphalt down to get some lanes passing while they do the real repairs.

Reactions: Rebels57 and Danko

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
and im no osha inspector, but think they should probably have some type of barrier/ orange cones at minimum on that damn ledge.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
That's temporary they arent going to be concreting it lol.

Just making a mountain of ground up glass and slapping asphalt down to get some lanes passing while they do the real repairs.
I thought it was glass rock, concrete, asphalt?

and im no osha inspector, but think they should probably have some type of barrier/ orange cones at minimum on that damn ledge.
Don’t sell yourself short. Safety is everyone’s job.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I thought it was glass rock, concrete, asphalt?

Don’t sell yourself short. Safety is everyone’s job.

Yeah, on further thought you cant just plop asphalt down alone and expect that to hold up to truck traffic, there's gotta be a concrete road bed. Well the filling part should be done pretty quick. Maybe they can hit the window if weather allows

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Yeah, on further thought you cant just plop asphalt down alone and expect that to hold up to truck traffic, there's gotta be a concrete road bed. Well the filling part should be done pretty quick. Maybe they can hit the window if weather allows
I know it’s different but there is industrial pipe insulation that’s very similar to the glass rock they are using as backfill.
It’s very fragile and crumbles to dust very easily.
I don’t know if it’s a common nickname or just one that sprouted up because of one person, but I’ve heard it referred to as fart rock. It stinks.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Open challenge, full disclosure at the end.
Who can design the “best” f150 in the 60-80k range?
The best trucks I can afford at the dealer come in a color I just don’t think I could tolerate. Petty. Very petty, I understand that.
If the truck the dealer had was in stock and it was given to me I’d be more than fine with that, but selecting it on my own, I just can’t.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The best trucks I can afford at the dealer come in a color I just don’t think I could tolerate. Petty. Very petty, I understand that.
If the truck the dealer had was in stock and it was given to me I’d be more than fine with that, but selecting it on my own, I just can’t.

Spray paint it

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
So did Kenney just give up his job last year? Haven't seen or heard from that guy since he had a mental breakdown saying he couldn't wait til he wasn't mayor anymore?

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad