OT: 112th Obsequious Banter Thread: Nearing the Halfway Point of the Year

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which 1 of 12 is Your Favorite Month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Have I ever told you how much I love moving? Had the Xfinity guy out here to connect our internet/TV. We had Xfinity at the old house so we just transferred our account. The guy has been outside for about an hour and just knocks on the door to tell me the wire from the box, that is a few houses down, to our house must be cut somewhere underground and it'll be a week or two before someone can come out and repair the wire. Splendid.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
More Red Bulls!

Cats cannot make enough of the amino acid taurine. Cats do not a have a metabolic pathway making taurine from other amino acids. So by nature they have to eat food with high rates of taurine. So if you look on a can of cat food, they have taurine added. Humans have several pathways to make it. Lack of taurine is indicated with a slew renal problems.

Benson or bust

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Cats cannot make enough of the amino acid taurine. Cats do not a have a metabolic pathway making taurine from other amino acids. So by nature they have to eat food with high rates of taurine. So if you look on a can of cat food, they have taurine added. Humans have several pathways to make it. Lack of taurine is indicated with a slew renal problems.

Benson or bust
So you're telling me that I should also be ingesting this besides giving it to my cats? Cool.

51dW5HqX1dL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Benson or bust

I don't remember if I told you, but I saved my cat's life when he had a problem with his urinary tract (related to this). I couldn't afford any more vet visits and I internetted that pumpkin can help restore the flow, so I fed him pumpkin and he got better. I am a hero to all cats, no big deal.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
So you're telling me that I should also be ingesting this besides giving it to my cats? Cool.

51dW5HqX1dL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
You make enough or eat enough taurine. Besides, humans and I will assume primates too have several other metabolic pathways ways to make it. Cats, for some evolutionary reason make very little. That is perhaps why they are carnivores . Unless you have a DNA defect, you should be good to go.

Benson or bust.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

swami24

Jul 24, 2020

Wow. I remember seeing like last week the tickets were like $250,000. Apparently it's completely experimental, isn't actually' regulated/approved' by any official body. If it's on the ocean floor it's around 12,000 feet which like 10,000 feet further than any submersible has ever successfully had people rescued from in the past.

96 hours of air when they left Sunday morning would mean oxygen is only ok until about Thursday morning... but that assumes there is no oxygen leak and it's basically all electronics that failed (and the system in replace can scrub the air/replenish oxygen from the supply with an electronics failure).

It imploded for certain. At lest that is a quick way to go.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Ive said for many years this needs to happen, I swear to God, they fired a guy who had heat exhaustion, and passed out, because he didn't have any pto time to cover him leaving via ambulance, they paid a small settlement of 5k to him

Absolutely sickening and inhumane company. I really wish a competitor would come along and start to kick their ass. I'm glad to see Amazon Fresh was a failure. They aren't even opening half the locations that they built.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Absolutely sickening and inhumane company. I really wish a competitor would come along and start to kick their ass. I'm glad to see Amazon Fresh was a failure. They aren't even opening half the locations that they built.
So before I worked my way up, I started in the warehouse, the first thing they say to you during orientation is "don't get comfortable, you are easily replaceable, you're essentially just a number here, because there will always be someone willing to take your spot" I've seen hundreds of people deathly sick, in excruciating pain, I've seen so many illegal activities it's not even funny, I saw a guy slip and hurt his back in a bathroom, they paid a worker 10k to say that he had thrown water on the floor and lied, and countersued the guy who got hurt for a shit ton of money, and sent him to jail for fraud, me and a couple of buddies used to sing slave songs when the managers came walking anywhere near us, I'll be honest with you, I don't order anything from them, I do not let my wife order from them either, I'd rather spend more money getting it elsewhere, oh and at the Middletown, de location where I had worked in the warehouse, they fired 100 people who were trying to form a union, which is against the law, but they got away with it

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Ive said for many years this needs to happen, I swear to God, they fired a guy who had heat exhaustion, and passed out, because he didn't have any pto time to cover him leaving via ambulance, they paid a small settlement of 5k to him
Speaking of heat exhaustion...

Last week the Governor of Texas signed into law a bill stopping any cities or counties from passing legislation to mandate BREAKS for workers. Austin and Dallas in response to heat exhaustion deaths passed laws that required a 10 minute break every 4 hours and to have access to water for workers. Starting September 1st those laws will be invalidated.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020

Last week the Governor of Texas signed into law a bill stopping any cities or counties from passing legislation to mandate BREAKS for workers. Austin and Dallas in response to heat exhaustion deaths passed laws that required a 10 minute break every 4 hours and to have access to water for workers. Starting September 1st those laws will be invalidated.
Yeah im texas now lol it's 114 here right now

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Wow. I remember seeing like last week the tickets were like $250,000. Apparently it's completely experimental, isn't actually' regulated/approved' by any official body. If it's on the ocean floor it's around 12,000 feet which like 10,000 feet further than any submersible has ever successfully had people rescued from in the past.

96 hours of air when they left Sunday morning would mean oxygen is only ok until about Thursday morning... but that assumes there is no oxygen leak and it's basically all electronics that failed (and the system in replace can scrub the air/replenish oxygen from the supply with an electronics failure).

They're all dead.

There aren't all that many deep-sea subs in the world. Very few, really. If they had constructed something safe that people would line up to get into, then they wouldn't need to be charging 250k a head for dives, they'd be raking in research, government, and petro industry dollars. Nobody who knows their stuff on this stuff seems to have much good to say about these things. They sound like death traps.

Probably the most noteworthy thing, given that it hasn't popped up anywhere, is that it's hard to find any proof of multiple pressure tests on the hulls. You can apparently find reference to single tests. That doesn't work, especially when you're building a new concept like these things are. It's important to prove the hull can do this repeatedly, not just once or twice. I'm dropping my money on "implosion" which is also the most merciful way for them to die.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
They're all dead.

There aren't all that many deep-sea subs in the world. Very few, really. If they had constructed something safe that people would line up to get into, then they wouldn't need to be charging 250k a head for dives, they'd be raking in research, government, and petro industry dollars. Nobody who knows their stuff on this stuff seems to have much good to say about these things. They sound like death traps.

Probably the most noteworthy thing, given that it hasn't popped up anywhere, is that it's hard to find any proof of multiple pressure tests on the hulls. You can apparently find reference to single tests. That doesn't work, especially when you're building a new concept like these things are. It's important to prove the hull can do this repeatedly, not just once or twice. I'm dropping my money on "implosion" which is also the most merciful way for them to die.

Yep. Them being instant paste is the clear 2nd best outcome here.

I don't know if you saw this bit, but the viewport was only certified for 1,300 meters. Advertised max depth was 4k...

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yep. Them being instant paste is the clear 2nd best outcome here.

I don't know if you saw this bit, but the viewport was only certified for 1,300 meters. Advertised max depth was 4k...

Oh yeah, that thing failed and nobody ever realized it because they were a very thin meat salsa in less time than it takes for their nerves to fire signals about what's happening back to the brain.

Last edited:

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

This is who the extreme right are and always have been. Pro-corporation and anti-workers and their rights. Texans deserve it for continuing to vote for the scoundrels they vote for.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia

It really is sickening how inhumane people can be when they are blinded by prevailing economic orthodoxies...

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
This sub is still not the worst case of "Rich Dude f***s Around, Finds Out." I think Michael Rockefeller owns that one.
They interviewed a dude on NPR who is his friend and subjected himself to being bolted in that same submersible sardine can. Said the waiver document you have to sign is pretty much like agreeing to suicide...

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
They interviewed a dude on NPR who is his friend and subjected himself to being bolted in that same submersible sardine can. Said the waiver document you have to sign is pretty much like agreeing to suicide...
Yea, that 2nd clip I posted is from an interview where someone went on the sub and the waiver was like "this is experimental, not approved by any regulatory body and could result in mental anguish, physical injury, or death."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad