Post-Game Talk: #11 - 11/05/21 | RANGERS @ oilers | 9:30 - MSG PLUS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
PS....Fox is a thief...he stole all the hockey IQ on the D and left none for Kandre...hmmm when there is a play in your D zone and you are in front...you do one thing find the nearest opponent and lock up with him.....similar to hoops..ball goes up you box out..very elementary....maybe too much video game mentality

tlk

hARry kane comeS homE
Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Yeah, good to go forward.

But DAMN I'm bitter. 1-4 at McJesuses and only 1 pt to show for it... And to rub salt into wounds he scores that.

Guess the game showcased some of why Oilers are a 1st round team. Will *we* get better the q that bothers me more than McD's heroics.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
First 30 minutes was one of the best stretches of hockey the Rangers have played in a game. Their superstars turned up the pressure and we took our foot of the gas. Geo didn't do them any favors either.

They have shown they are capable of dominating long stretches, that's half the battle. Now they just need to figure out how to keep the pressure up a full 60 minutes.

Suck's we're missing out on points, but we are getting points that we weren't last year and that ultimately cost us down the stretch. Still sitting at 6th place in the league, that's not nothing.

Reactions: egelband and tlk

RagFinMet

Jan 5, 2019
Lost the lead but stole a point
No one thought we'd do that in Edmonton with G in goal
With that said tho.. We win the game with shesty in there..
Chytil breaking out is good AND bad
It points out just how god awful Laf makes a line play
Zib and Chy struggled whenever they played with him.
Laf needs to be in Hartford or traded

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
11 games in

8 games on the road

5-1-2 road record

Last night sucked, but we went toe to toe with one of the better teams in the league with the two best offensive players in the game and should have won.

4 out of 6 road points obtained.

This team will get better.

I'm excited for this season

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
The good: Fox continues to play some fantastic hockey. Continually shut down their top lines attempts. Chytil looks very comfortable and if he finds the right line combo, should break out. Kreider continues to look good. He hasn't had any disappearing acts so far and he is needed if this team is going anywhere

The bad: Tell me again why we paid Goodrow that kind of $? We let Jesper Fast walk, who, IMO, is a far superior player in that role. Laf continues to struggle. What is this kid going to be? Strome is a passenger. He isn't a second line center. It's just obvious. I'm going to give Miller a break and put him here instead of below. This kid has all the tools but no toolbox. Seems to get lost in his D zone way too often.

The ugly: For a guy who is supposed to be a physical player, Trouba sure does like poke checks. Not being hyperbolic, but teams don't win when you have players like this making that kind of coin. It felt embarrassed for the guy tonight. The shelf life on Georgiev has expired. Of course, he is capable of making a big save or getting hot for a game, what NHL level goalie isn't? But, he just collapses on himself way too often. Too many rebounds and goals that leave you scratching your head

Something just isn't right with this group. They don't have the game breaking skill like the Oilers or Tampa. They don't have the depth or compete level of Carolina or Florida. Guys just seem a bit comfortable
Maybe a big move needs to be made. The guy who needs to move won't be the one to go, but it really feels like their needs to be a shake up.
Edit: the above "needs to be a shake up" line is in the context of "if this team want's to compete in the playoffs".

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
11 games in

8 games on the road

5-1-2 road record

Last night sucked, but we went toe to toe with one of the better teams in the league with the two best offensive players in the game and should have won.

4 out of 6 road points obtained.

This team will get better.

I'm excited for this season
Yea mcdavid really is special, an unstoppable force when he gets going. Just once I’d love for us to have a guy like him.
Too much doom and gloom. They played ok for being on a long road trip. Georgie actually didn’t hurt us terribly. As soon as he let up that game tying goal, I knew it was curtains for us. I’m satisfied with the point wit our back up in net for now. Still a work in progress.
I still want strome gone and Barron up, but I don’t think I’m getting my wish anytime soon.
Hopefully chytil can build off a lucky bounce and a solid assist.
If Fox was on EDM, he’d have 25-30 pts already with those 2 horses.

Last edited:

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Geo can’t let that OT goal beat him 5 hole. He’s got a penchant for it. Remember when Crosby did it in OT, and his teammate had the balls to tell him “stop the damn puck”?

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
I love this team, I don't have many complaints, but so far, we give up too many goals and too many shots, that needs to be fixed. Otherwise, I love what I'm seeing. Edmonton is THE best team in the NHL right now, Caps and Carolina not far behind, and we can beat Carolina and the Caps, and we're right up there with them. We are a damn good team, just need to get some things fixed with a new coach and system with all this talent. And Kreider is on FIRE and if Shesterkin started that game last night I am pretty sure we win like 5-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad