Post-Game Talk: #11 - 11/05/21 | RANGERS @ oilers | 9:30 - MSG PLUS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
Geo can’t let that OT goal beat him 5 hole. He’s got a penchant for it. Remember when Crosby did it in OT, and his teammate had the balls to tell him “stop the damn puck”?
It's McDavid he's like the modern Mario. I think only 2 or 3 of those goals were really on Georgie. he played pretty good, but Edmonton is just so big and fast and full of talent and they are better than us. And we almost beat them, brought them to OT. Not a bad performance by the Rangers considering the opponent. We scored 5 goals

Creepingjeff

Mar 4, 2016
Trouba shouldn’t be on in OT, but which D should? Miller effed up the last OT lol.
I believe you need your defense that are the best offensive players. There is no point not being aggressive and trying to win. For that reason I go Fox, Lundkvist, and Miller. I can live with the mistakes once in a while in OT compared to losing due to playing 3v2 essentially.

Reactions: romba

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Georgiev struggles to make the important save but it's not all on him, the Rangers abandoned all attempts at puck support and management after being up 4-1
They'll continue to fail as a team until they figure out you can't slap the puck around the ice or abandon your teammates and give them nowhere to go with the puck

I want teh Panarin that was useful back

It's time for Gallant to figure out how to help Kakko and Lafreniere be successful. I can't truly believe the Rangers just happened to pick two big busts at 2 and 1 overall in back to back years. What's holding these players back and how do you fix it and do it soon

Reactions: CLW

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
The good: Fox continues to play some fantastic hockey. Continually shut down their top lines attempts. Chytil looks very comfortable and if he finds the right line combo, should break out. Kreider continues to look good. He hasn't had any disappearing acts so far and he is needed if this team is going anywhere

The bad: Tell me again why we paid Goodrow that kind of $? We let Jesper Fast walk, who, IMO, is a far superior player in that role. Laf continues to struggle. What is this kid going to be? Strome is a passenger. He isn't a second line center. It's just obvious. I'm going to give Miller a break and put him here instead of below. This kid has all the tools but no toolbox. Seems to get lost in his D zone way too often.

The ugly: For a guy who is supposed to be a physical player, Trouba sure does like poke checks. Not being hyperbolic, but teams don't win when you have players like this making that kind of coin. It felt embarrassed for the guy tonight. The shelf life on Georgiev has expired. Of course, he is capable of making a big save or getting hot for a game, what NHL level goalie isn't? But, he just collapses on himself way too often. Too many rebounds and goals that leave you scratching your head

Something just isn't right with this group. They don't have the game breaking skill like the Oilers or Tampa. They don't have the depth or compete level of Carolina or Florida. Guys just seem a bit comfortable
Maybe a big move needs to be made. The guy who needs to move won't be the one to go, but it really feels like their needs to be a shake up.
Edit: the above "needs to be a shake up" line is in the context of "if this team want's to compete in the playoffs".
When you constantly throw away character guys like Fast, Zuccarello, etc it isn't weird the team lacks some character. I still don't understand why they didn't re-sign Fast. He's having a field day in Carolina now, so good for him I guess.

Also, Panarin is struggling right now, he needs some help from his teammates to get going. But he's only paired with scrubs as usual. It wouldn't feel right breaking up the 1st line now though with the way they're playing.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
When you constantly throw away character guys like Fast, Zuccarello, etc it isn't weird the team lacks some character. I still don't understand why they didn't re-sign Fast. He's having a field day in Carolina now, so good for him I guess.

Also, Panarin is struggling right now, he needs some help from his teammates to get going. But he's only paired with scrubs as usual. It wouldn't feel right breaking up the 1st line now though with the way they're playing.

Panarin's paired with the center he prefers and who he put up his highest career point totals with. He was with Zibanejad for some games and they weren't any better

It's on Panarin and he's the skilled guy who needs to figure it out.

honestly the whole team seems to take a half second too long to make any decisions and it always costs them

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Nobody skates hard on this team either. They all glide.
Rooney & Chytil skate hard. And Hunt. Sometimes Panarin, Sometimes the other guys. But yeah, they do glide a lot.

I wonder if that means they don't know exactly what to do at that moment.

Edmonton otoh was tearing around a lot.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
I'm worried Gallant and the rest of the dang organization doens't seem to understand why Georgy is always getting peppered. It's because his style of play causes chaos in his own zone. Georgy just hasn't played a steady game for a while now where he calms the team. Everything is on the bring of havoc 80% of the game. It's like the difference between Mike Richter and Glenn Healy or Lundquist and anyone whoever backed him up. Same thing here. We just don't have the kind of D that can handle the constant pressure from top teams without having a calm goalie back there.

The good news is, there were plenty of really strong defensive shifts too where the forwards battled, stayed in shooting lanes, kept the play to the outside, stayed with their men. For as much bad D play as there was, there was also plenty of solid D zone play. There was just too much of it, period.
Maybe, but he also gets peppered because we get stuck in our zone a lot.

Igor gets peppered too.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
It's McDavid he's like the modern Mario. I think only 2 or 3 of those goals were really on Georgie. he played pretty good, but Edmonton is just so big and fast and full of talent and they are better than us. And we almost beat them, brought them to OT. Not a bad performance by the Rangers considering the opponent. We scored 5 goals

I don't see the Oiler's as a contender. Yes, they have two of the best players in the game, but they lack depth and their D is bottom half of the league. Goaltending is also suspect.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
I think lost in this discussion is we almost won the game when Hunt either hit the pipe or Koskinen make a diving save. That puck needs to find the goal. Point being, we played like crap for large spans and still almost beat a team that is at the top of the league.
I don't consider them a top team, but with so much bad, we almost got 2 points.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
You know, I said we needed to be pounded anally to really wake up and make some adjustments and get buy ins or whatever. 6-2-1 was too good and the team knew it but I'm not sure if they embraced it. Getting 2 points in 2 epic collapse that left guys questioning themselves and gallant fuming was a good dose of medicine that didn't cost us tons of points and given away to West teams.

If they can get something from this road trip I think it's not all bad

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
Here’s the real takeaway from last night;

The Rangers are never getting off the mat at 4-1 down and winning a game 6-5.

Btw what happened to the Rangers hitting game ? It completely evaporated and we turned into a Tom poti stick poking clinic .

The amount of missed stick checks was absolutely alarming.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
On the GWG, I don't know why Kreider sat there and watched the loose puck for five years before deciding maybe he should try and collect it. He had the angle, the space, and he just sat there, not going for the puck until Nurse was clearly going to beat him to it.

thanks for bringing this up. It was so odd - I thought in the moment, "ah the Rangers will get it back here." But Kreider just stood there. Did he not see it?

Sometimes it seems the Rangers are hesitant to move, because they think someone else is gonna get the puck. Hopefully they get that straightened out.

tbassler

Jul 22, 2009
There’s nothing like an embarrassing loss made even more embarrassing by McDavid posterizing the team. The rangers are gonna be on every highlight reel for the wrong reasons from now until the sun burns out for that goal.

That upset me. McDavid skated virtually untouched through four Rangers.

Poke check? This is not broomball. That is certainly not how I learned to play hockey. I hope they all get an ass-chewing.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Looks like I missed a good one.

In other news, Hadestown is excellent and you should see it if you have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad