Post-Game Talk: #11 - 11/05/21 | RANGERS @ oilers | 9:30 - MSG PLUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Whatever problems we have, the confusion, it's on full display in OT. We've sucked. DAL, TOR (lucky W), VAN, EDM. Gallant came into camp taking it slow and was hands off all summer. Now it's starting to show. This is a cycle team that doesn't know how to cycle and Greg McKegg and Dryden Hunt have given up scoring goals just to cycle and stay in the line up.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
MSG edited out the gallant/Walker thing from their post game gallant video.

I have no problem with the question or with GG’s response.

With respect to Molly I’m sure she welcomes the same heat her colleagues would get for a question a coach didn’t like. She’s a pro she doesn’t need any white knights coming in to protect her. Im sure she rather this than some hey sweetheart next question type of attitude.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’m telling you right now. The game is on Georgiev I’m pretty happy with the way we played the majority of that game. You cannot win especially on the road with a goalie hiding in the back of the net. Completely puts the team on their heels.

that game is OVER with almost any other goalie. You get out of the 2nd up 4-1 most likely.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
5t70fp.jpg
5t70wd.jpg

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
If anyone is wondering why Georgiev was in the net tonight its simple, the oilers are averaging over 4 goals a game this year, their pp is around 50 percent. It does nothing for Shesterkin to come in there and get lit up, so unfortunately for Georgiev he has to come in and take the beating.

CaptTennille

President of the Blair Betts Fan Club
May 24, 2017
Brooklyn

At the end of the day, reporters have to ask and the coach needs to protect his players.

Mollie didn’t have any ill intent, but Gallant is trying to get an underperforming rookie with a ton of promise going and the last thing he needs is “Rangers need more from Lafrenière” plastered on the back page of the post and adding more stress to the kids plate. Fans and media aren’t privy to the conversations behind the scenes, but you can imagine this is a difficult time for Laffy having to be reminded of his shortcomings in the press and social media constantly, so what may seem like an overreaction to us might be coming from a more personal place than we realize.

You would hope Turk and Mollie smooth it over next time they interact and he apologizes/explains where he’s coming from and why he reacted so defensively.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Honestly, my biggest takeaway from last night is that the sooner Hunt is out of the lineup and Reaves is back in, the better.

And, can we stop lazy stick-checking superstars, please? Part of this "get tough" movement should be checking these guys instead of getting undressed by them.

Barron should be with the team as well. McKegg isnt changing anything in the game.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
At the end of the day, reporters have to ask and the coach needs to protect his players.

Mollie didn’t have any ill intent, but Gallant is trying to get an underperforming rookie with a ton of promise going and the last thing he needs is “Rangers need more from Lafrenière” plastered on the back page of the post and adding more stress to the kids plate. Fans and media aren’t privy to the conversations behind the scenes, but you can imagine this is a difficult time for Laffy having to be reminded of his shortcomings in the press and social media constantly, so what may seem like an overreaction to us might be coming from a more personal place than we realize.

You would hope Turk and Mollie smooth it over next time they interact and he apologizes/explains where he’s coming from and why he reacted so defensively.
Gallants pissed because he’s doing a shit job getting these players going. I have never hated a coach as early in their tenure as this one.

J bo Jeans

Aug 7, 2020
Ottawa
Its rare that you see a team be dominated in stretches of the games like the Rangers were. Oilers changing on the fly in the offensive zone two times over.

When these teams play again I dont think itll be this close.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

J bo Jeans

Aug 7, 2020
Ottawa
Geo can’t let that OT goal beat him 5 hole. He’s got a penchant for it. Remember when Crosby did it in OT, and his teammate had the balls to tell him “stop the damn puck”?
Youre acting like Draisaitl fanned on the shot ans it somehow went five hole. Drai has an elite shot and release. If Geo goes down early to block five hole Drai is just gonna rip it upstairs.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Imagine having players of McDavid and Draisaitl stature on this team....

What impressed me about Edmonton, is they played with an urgency and they are always attacking. They didn't mope at 4-1. I don't think they are good enough to win in the playoffs but they are pure excitement. Who knows, maybe their offense is good enough... They can be the STL Rams... the greatest show on turf

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I was actually sitting there impressed with McDavid circling at the blueline.... thinking, 'damn he's agile and quick'... 'he looks faster than our team just skating in a circle'... then I was happy and sad at the same time.

Sometimes you just have to tip your hat. It's Conor McDavid. It never should have gotten to 5-4. We allowed them back into the game and he showed us why he's the greatest talent to play hockey in history. NO ONE can do what he did.

'stick check'. I dont think people realize how good McDavid is. 'Just hit him'. He's faster and more agile and does things with the puck never seen before. There's physical limitations. This isn't a video game. He's just better than you. If you attempt to initiate contact he could go right around you. There's no 'right' option. We could have grabbed him and threw him to the ice... that was always an option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad