OT: 105th Obsequious Banter Thread: Penny for Your Thoughts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
Got a fun medical update from my actual doctor today.

Need to get a more specific MRI zeroed in on the area of my brain/inner auditory canal to determine size and placement of the benign brain tumor. Once that is done, then we'll discuss treatment options. Considering it is causing some issues symptoms wise already, I'd rather get it removed asap. That being said, probably base case scenario regarding a growth in your brain area.

The spine issue is a "degenerative narrowing" of my spinal canal. Considering I'm 36 and don't have any back injury history, I'm more concerned about this long term than the brain tumor, but the doctor definitely wants to deal with the brain tumor issue first, which I understand. I feel like the cause of this issue is going to be more of a mystery and annoyance down the road.

While I'm not really concerned for my mortality due to the diagnosis, I am just super excited that I quit my very cushy job with excellent health insurance a little over a year ago to go all chips in on starting my own educational consulting business, writing a book, and traveling the country to help school systems innovate their learning practices with the technology now available to us. Gave myself three years to make that work. Wrote and published my own book during year one and as I start year two I've already been in a few schools and was contacted by Harvard to apply to their sweet (fully paid for plus living expenses) Educational Leadership Doctoral program, for which I am about a month away from submitting my application.

What are the odds you'd work to get to a very stable and secure place in life, then go against all previously known character traits to quit your job, sell your house, and go with a three year plan of no stability or security and then get diagnosed with a benign brain tumor before you're even half way into your plan?

giphy.gif

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Ah, so that's why my Whale senses were tingling.

Classic punk as in the 70s-80s bands or the 80-90s bands? Nothing wrong with either. I like both. Just curious because it's not a common interest around here.

70s-80s. Buzzcocks, Pistols, The Clash, Siouxsie, The Damned, Black Flag, Suicidal Tendencies, Circle Jerks, etc. Strangely, I'm not much of a Ramones fan. 90s Punk just did not connect with me, overall. Too many singers with whiny voices and a veritable dearth of noticeable bass guitar presence. Too much guitar screetch and not enough bass growl/sonic depth.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Got a fun medical update from my actual doctor today.

Need to get a more specific MRI zeroed in on the area of my brain/inner auditory canal to determine size and placement of the benign brain tumor. Once that is done, then we'll discuss treatment options. Considering it is causing some issues symptoms wise already, I'd rather get it removed asap. That being said, probably base case scenario regarding a growth in your brain area.

The spine issue is a "degenerative narrowing" of my spinal canal. Considering I'm 36 and don't have any back injury history, I'm more concerned about this long term than the brain tumor, but the doctor definitely wants to deal with the brain tumor issue first, which I understand. I feel like the cause of this issue is going to be more of a mystery and annoyance down the road.

While I'm not really concerned for my mortality due to the diagnosis, I am just super excited that I quit my very cushy job with excellent health insurance a little over a year ago to go all chips in on starting my own educational consulting business, writing a book, and traveling the country to help school systems innovate their learning practices with the technology now available to us. Gave myself three years to make that work. Wrote and published my own book during year one and as I start year two I've already been in a few schools and was contacted by Harvard to apply to their sweet (fully paid for plus living expenses) Educational Leadership Doctoral program, for which I am about a month away from submitting my application.

What are the odds you'd work to get to a very stable and secure place in life, then go against all previously known character traits to quit your job, sell your house, and go with a three year plan of no stability or security and then get diagnosed with a benign brain tumor before you're even half way into your plan?

giphy.gif
Sometimes life just decides to really f*** with you, doesn't it. Sounds like there is enough reason for optimism though. Best of luck to you in all of it.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We have a main deck off the kitchen that is large. Under it in the backyard is a smaller patio-deck thing under the main deck. I have decided how to use this space. I just got one of those Solo stove firepit things, a couple gravity chairs and a projector. I'll be doing fire and booze and sports outside. The child can burn stuff. It's gonna be a good time.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
  • Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Huh? This doesnt make sense. There are no credit cards with $100K limits so the purchase would just be declined. Probably best not to share shit from that garbage site.
It was more ironic that someone supposedly spent $100k by accident and is begging for money

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I mean...I guess there are..im a peasant and wouldnt know that...I know my bank offers $20K max...but id be surprised if a 21 year old had one..even if shes an "influencer."
I absolutely didn't read the article but a lot of auction houses don't accept Credit Cards so that's a whole different matter also.

The "influencer" could have a business card which at least from my experience some of them have a very very high limit.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
I mean...I guess there are..im a peasant and wouldnt know that...I know the bank I work for offers $20K max ...but id be surprised if a 21 year old had one..even if shes an "influencer."
I worked at MBNA in the late 90's and pretty much every doctor, lawyer etc... had a $35k-50k+ card.

I did unsecured lines of credit and I could approve up to $25k without a manager sign off, although they would be reviewed.

Reactions: Rebels57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad