OT: 105th Obsequious Banter Thread: Penny for Your Thoughts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I worked at MBNA in the late 90's and pretty much every doctor, lawyer etc... had a $35k-50k+ card.

I did unsecured lines of credit and I could approve up to $25k without a manager sign off, although they would be reviewed.

We go up to $50K on Business Credit Cards. Beyond that you're in Secured Line of Credit or Loan territory.

Reactions: Asnito

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
We go up to $50K on Business Credit Cards. Beyond that you're in Secured Line of Credit or Loan territory.
They seemed to be somewhat lax if you met the criteria of the clientele they were looking for.

We were told to upsell to the doctors etc... and downsell to the blue collar worker. The interest rate offered was actually more affected by their occupation than their credit score.
Started in the Blue Wing, then Deerfield, then Cleveland (1994), then back to Deerfield.
I worked in Deerfield which was the old Louviers building, probably passed you in the hallway

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They seemed to be somewhat lax if you met the criteria of the clientele they were looking for.

We were told to upsell to the doctors etc... and downsell to the blue collar worker. The interest rate offered was actually more affected by their occupation than their credit score.

I worked in Deerfield which was the old Louviers building, probably passed you in the hallway

Those type of practices are prohibited by the Fair Lending Act nowadays lol. Occupation cant be a determining factor but obviously Income and Debt-to-Income ratio is still a factor.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Those type of practices are prohibited by the Fair Lending Act nowadays lol. Occupation cant be a determining factor but obviously Income and Debt-to-Income ratio is still a factor.
I actually used to play around with the different occupations and a doctor may be 8% interest and a plumber would be 15%.

Don't remember how many different categories they had, but it was nuts seeing how much the rate would change simply based on occupation.

Edit. Just to clarify we would do phone or internet loans and not verify income like you're doing.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Don't know about anybody else but I believe I would survive this along with my supermodel concubine. We would commence repopulating the earth..

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Finished Under the Banner of Heaven the other day. Anyone else watch this show? It was wild and Andrew Garfield was phenomenal in it. Incredible performance. Also, there’s Daisy Edgar Jones you guys lol

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008

I don’t want to mention names in public, but I know a guy that gets redemption autos that were never mailed in large quantities. I used to buy cases off the back of a truck that were backdoored from REDACTED MANUFACTURER that would come with a “bonus” pack of some of the hits that were saved for replacements. The whole industry is this corrupt.

If anyone is reading this and thinking of extolling the virtues of PSA again, please stop deluding yourself. They’re shitgarbage too.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I don’t want to mention names in public, but I know a guy that gets redemption autos that were never mailed in large quantities. I used to buy cases off the back of a truck that were backdoored from REDACTED MANUFACTURER that would come with a “bonus” pack of some of the hits that were saved for replacements. The whole industry is this corrupt.

If anyone is reading this and thinking of extolling the virtues of PSA again, please stop deluding yourself. They’re shitgarbage too.
This post is a PSA 10

Reactions: Lord Defect

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

I’m down for this scheme if you’re getting a crew together

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
EF38A737-4E4C-4F03-BC82-B887D8028211.jpeg

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
nifty lil bit of trivia

While filming, Burton Gilliam (Lyle, the henchman of Taggart (Slim Pickens)) was having a difficult time saying the word "Racial Slur", especially to Cleavon Little, because he really liked him. Finally, after several takes, Little took Gilliam off to the side and told him it was okay because these weren't his words. Little jokingly added, "If I thought you would say those words to me in any other situation we'd go to fist city, but this is all fun. Don't worry about it."

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
nifty lil bit of trivia

While filming, Burton Gilliam (Lyle, the henchman of Taggart (Slim Pickens)) was having a difficult time saying the word "Racial Slur", especially to Cleavon Little, because he really liked him. Finally, after several takes, Little took Gilliam off to the side and told him it was okay because these weren't his words. Little jokingly added, "If I thought you would say those words to me in any other situation we'd go to fist city, but this is all fun. Don't worry about it."
@sheriff bart for your fyi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad