OT: 105th Obsequious Banter Thread: Penny for Your Thoughts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
doesnt have to be but its a nice flex, works very well, lifetime warranty, and they basically become family heirlooms.

I probably have a different view of cookware than most, but my opinion is its worth splurging for a good set if you know its going to last. otherwise just buy some cheap stuff from a restaurant supply store and replace it often. I am also anti-nonstick (except for a small fry pan for eggs)
Great f***ing post

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Considering the patents got open for other companies to use, these are basically the same thing as All-Clad and they've been wonderful:

I just picked up, I think, this exact set.
I don’t need the Sony of cookwear when the Panasonic is just as good(possibly dated comparison)

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I just picked up, I think, this exact set.
I don’t need the Sony of cookwear when the Panasonic is just as good(possibly dated comparison)

Can beat the shit out of them and use just some barkeeper's friend and it's perfect again. Seriously love these pans.

By the way, this brand of cast iron stuff is wonderful as well.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Can beat the shit out of them and use just some barkeeper's friend and it's perfect again. Seriously love these pans.

By the way, this brand of cast iron stuff is wonderful as well.

Thanks man. I have a set of cast irons that are pretty good.
Normal cookware we started off with a “decent starter” set and as one of the nonstick would wear out it was replaced. I swear I kept picking up an old pot lid that we didn’t have the pot for over and over and over.
It was time to get a good set.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Thanks man. I have a set of cast irons that are pretty good.
Normal cookware we started off with a “decent starter” set and as one of the nonstick would wear out it was replaced. I swear I kept picking up an old pot lid that we didn’t have the pot for over and over and over.
It was time to get a good set.

You maybe need more than I do since you have a family, but I would always go to IKEA for that starter set of pots and pans. They were always quality in my opinion, and they are nice to use (sturdy but not too heavy). Something like $50 for the four-piece set, then you could add on to it.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
@Hollywood Cannon you should go to this instead of just the Blink show. Be a man.

6345cb3aef0aab4f749abe3e_WWWY_1500x1875-3-p-1080.png

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
@Hollywood Cannon you should go to this instead of just the Blink show. Be a man.

6345cb3aef0aab4f749abe3e_WWWY_1500x1875-3-p-1080.png

I'm all about respecting people's musical tastes. Lord knows my own tastes skew outside the norm, but I would arrange to be on the exact opposite side of the Earth during this event. I do hope you enjoy the show, however.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I'm all about respecting people's musical tastes. Lord knows my own tastes skew outside the norm, but I would arrange to be on the exact opposite side of the Earth during this event. I do hope you enjoy the show, however.
You're missing out on a fun time then. I'll hang with skate/surf/emo punks any day over prog rockers. Not that there's anything wrong with you or anything. :laugh:

He's not a fan of Vegas.
He's also not a fan of the Flyers yet still moderates a forum dedicated to them. :laugh:

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
You maybe need more than I do since you have a family, but I would always go to IKEA for that starter set of pots and pans. They were always quality in my opinion, and they are nice to use (sturdy but not too heavy). Something like $50 for the four-piece set, then you could add on to it.
Thanks chump.
Sorry autocorrect, thanks old man.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
You're missing out on a fun time then. I'll hang with skate/surf/emo punks any day over prog rockers. Not that there's anything wrong with you or anything. :laugh:

Had that coming to me. Truth be told, Prog is simply my favorite genre (not Prog Metal). Besides the de rigeur "classic rock" from my generation (60s - 80s), Two-Tone Ska, classic Punk, Funk, and Classical are also top-tier for me.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
doesnt have to be but its a nice flex, works very well, lifetime warranty, and they basically become family heirlooms.

I probably have a different view of cookware than most, but my opinion is its worth splurging for a good set if you know its going to last. otherwise just buy some cheap stuff from a restaurant supply store and replace it often. I am also anti-nonstick (except for a small fry pan for eggs)
This is great advice. I threw away junk pans all the time till I got my all clad.

The D5 also work with induction stove, and also they don't warp if you leave them hot accidentally

swami24

Jul 24, 2020

Florida is becoming their money maker now a days anyway. They’re apparently gonna move into Tennessee next.

Still expanding in the Philly suburbs, just not in the city. And people wonder why they do not have shopping options in most of the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad