OT: 105th Obsequious Banter Thread: Penny for Your Thoughts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

The whole sports card collectibles industry has really been broken for like 10 years or more. All these ridiculous short-run 'limited edition' sets at insane premium prices. For what purpose? For what value? They only have value because someone putting them out says they have value and enough others are like "OH OK! THEY HAVE VALUE!"

who the **** cares if you put out a gold foil, limited edition, thread of jock-strap of player signed card in a limited release of 20,000 boxes. Why is that card worth $50,000?, $100,000? Who the hell cares.

When you got limited edition cards with a *SPLINTER* of a hockey stick or a bat on them selling for 1000x the auction value of an *ACTUAL WHOLE GAME USED STICK/BAT* it's just bat ****ing insane.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Is Shazam and Black Adam the same universe? Are they the same universe as the current Aquaman movies?

DC is confusing as hell with live action right now.
I'm not really a DC guy so I don't know. Except for the first WW and Man of Steel their movies have been pretty "meh".

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
Pulled one out of my ass fairly recently and actually played this one pretty close to the original. Not an easy song to play, especially when played infrequently. Mr. Peart had a gift that not many have.

(note - I looked through 2 scrolls and didn't see the "what are you listening to" thread, so I posted here.)

(note #2 - after reloading the thread I guess it's not showing up. If you click the youtube button I think it will take you there.)

Last edited:

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Pulled one out of my ass fairly recently and actually played this one pretty close to the original. Not an easy song to play, especially when played infrequently. Mr. Peart had a gift that not many have.

(note - I looked through 2 scrolls and didn't see the "what are you listening to" thread, so I posted here.)

(note #2 - after reloading the thread I guess it's not showing up. If you click the youtube button I think it will take you there.)

Excellent job my man. Man I miss Rush.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018

7/8 time. Loopy

Reactions: Yukon Cornelius

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg

As the youth would say. Straight up slaps.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
My hot take, or maybe my opinion. Geddy Lee was the weak link with Rush.
Maybe his voice, sure.

But as a bass player, nah. They didn't have a musically weak link.

I admire that Clockwork Angels was as technically sound as anything they did in their careers, 38 years into a career. Most rock bands are just doing greatest hits tours at that stage.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Maybe his voice, sure.

But as a bass player, nah. They didn't have a musically weak link.

I admire that Clockwork Angels was as technically sound as anything they did in their careers, 38 years into a career. Most rock bands are just doing greatest hits tours at that stage.

I was talking about his voice. Musically it was fantastic. I just have a hard time getting past his voice.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
@Jack Straw how you making out after the fire? Hopefully life is getting back to normal.
Life was actually close to normal, at least as normal as it was right before the fire, but today it got a few zip codes away from normal. Because of the water damage (real or potential) they're tearing the house apart. I have mainly wood floors so they have to take those up, take out some walls and ceilings, just generally turn things upside down. Right now I'm pretty much limited to four rooms- the dining room (where I moved my computers so I can work), the kitchen (scheduled for tearing apart tomorrow), the tiny spare bedroom (I was sleeping there before the fire) and my home gym.

They're supposed to be done with the demolition this week and then hopefully I can start having things put back together. Oh, and these fans they put all over to dry things out, that sound like jet engines. Those are nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad