GDT: #10 | Boston Bruins vs Pittsburgh Penguins | 11/1/22 8:00 PM EST | For Animal Supremacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
I think DOC can be a good bottom 6 player. He has the athleticism to do it. He just needs to focus on getting involved in plays quicker. He's usually a step behind reactionary wise.

If he can figure out how to be a bit more cerebral he won't go back to WBS

Sounds like the forward version of POJ.

Unfortunately DOC has the Ty Smith problem (no need to clear waivers) which means he's back down as soon as Sully can manage it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gurglesons

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Seeing Marino go back to his rookie form, seeing how bad the PP is, seeing how crappy the D is still with little adjustment to the pairings ever- suggests that Reirden needs to GTFO, Velucci too with the PK.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Seeing Marino go back to his rookie form, seeing how bad the PP is, seeing how crappy the D is still with little adjustment to the pairings ever- suggests that Reirden needs to GTFO, Velucci too with the PK.

Boy the greatest HC ever having his entire staff liquidated out from underneath him twice during his tenure without his own seat even so much as increasing several degrees in temperature would sure be something!

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Sounds like the forward version of POJ.

Unfortunately DOC has the Ty Smith problem (no need to clear waivers) which means he's back down as soon as Sully can manage it.
It's a drawback for him for sure but only if there is a certain level of ambiguity concerning who is better. If he comes in and plays well but not noticeably better than Archicald (for example), then yeah he's going down in favor of Archibald in the effort to maintain both assets.

If he comes in and has a noticeable impact above and beyond what others are providing, then he will stay.

Smith was darn good in pre-season. POJ was pretty darn decent as well and he's been decent this season. Smith in WBS and POJ in the NHL is not an indictment on Smith, Sullivan, or POJ. It's simply a roster/asset management decision to keep both players (for now). I would suggest the front office did not feel there was a measurable or material difference in Smith vs POJ.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Marino is back to rookie form?

Marino is having an excellent start for the devils. He may not be entirely back to form but he is putting up some of his best numbers across the board in a small sample.

it isn't to surprising because he is entering his prime. marino is a good player. I would have preferred to move Petts over him but it is what it is. The issue with the defence is not Petry or lack of marino. Its the top pairing being dogcrap and dumo being overplayed

Reactions: RSPens

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Marino is having an excellent start for the devils. He may not be entirely back to form but he is putting up some of his best numbers across the board in a small sample.

it isn't to surprising because he is entering his prime. marino is a good player. I would have preferred to move Petts over him but it is what it is. The issue with the defence is not Petry or lack of marino. Its the top pairing being dogcrap and dumo being overplayed

Who gives a shit about what Marino has done through 9 games?

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
It's a drawback for him for sure but only if there is a certain level of ambiguity concerning who is better. If he comes in and plays well but not noticeably better than Archicald (for example), then yeah he's going down in favor of Archibald in the effort to maintain both assets.

If he comes in and has a noticeable impact above and beyond what others are providing, then he will stay.

Smith was darn good in pre-season. POJ was pretty darn decent as well and he's been decent this season. Smith in WBS and POJ in the NHL is not an indictment on Smith, Sullivan, or POJ. It's simply a roster/asset management decision to keep both players (for now). I would suggest the front office did not feel there was a measurable or material difference in Smith vs POJ.

I hope they get POJ or Smith som being minutes at some point this season. Dumo really needs out of the top 4. He is the biggest problem right now on the defense.

Who gives a shit about what Marino has done through 9 games?

The devils

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I hope they get POJ or Smith som being minutes at some point this season. Dumo really needs out of the top 4. He is the biggest problem right now on the defense.

The devils

Neat. Let’s see

The devils

The Devils have played the easiest schedule in terms of strength of schedule to start the season.

Flyers
Wings
Ducks
Isles
Sharks
Caps
Wings
Avs
CBJ.

They've likely played two teams that make the playoffs. Glad Marino is doing amazing work against the bottom of the league.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Neat. Let’s see

The Devils have played the easiest schedule in terms of strength of schedule to start the season.

look man I am just saying he has had a good start. The fact is that trade will be under a microscope all year. It is what it is.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Red hot to ice cold to start the season. Not sure which team we actually are, but the answer is likely something in the middle. Interested to see how thosbplays out.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The Devils have been really good analytically so they might just be for real. Will be interesting to see how that holds up when they play a tougher schedule though.

Marino has been unquestionably good for them.

I don't know that Marino would have been as good here, so it what it is.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Love me some Kaplan.
She has some really cool outfits which I always enjoy. Badass wardrobe.

If we play as badly as we did on the road trip then it's gonna be fun listening to Ray Ferraro rip this team a new asshole. He never minces words lol. If we are mailing it in he will call it like it is.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Haven’t seen a Bruins game yet this year. Interested in seeing why they’re so good. I know Pasta is going off but has to be more than that.
I believe us Bruins fans are pretty surprised at the good start. Most of us thought the first half of the season would be rough without MacAvoy, Brad and Grizz. I was thrilled to see Brad back so soon.

Also David Krejci (upper body) will travel with the team, though he will not play Tuesday,

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Whether the timeline was legit or not, I actually have a lot of admiration for that little rat for his return. Double hip surgery is no f***ing joke and he looked strong in that comeback game... the athlete in me applauds that.

Reactions: Ladyfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad