GDT: #10 | Boston Bruins vs Pittsburgh Penguins | 11/1/22 8:00 PM EST | For Animal Supremacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
One of the best live covers ever performed in the history of concert…since we need to get ourselves pumped up. :)

Whether you like GnR or Queen’s music or not, there is no denying that Axl Rose totally owned the stage here. :yo: :amazed: :bow: :bow:

Gotta love the serious swagger in the lil’ dance Axl does as he makes his entrance starting at 0:37 tho… :bow: :bow: :yo: :yo: :amazed:

Freddie would have loved absolutely this. :)

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Bruins fan.
Wasn't going to post but had to say the OP made me smile. Thanks for the visual.
Hope for a good game tonight as we're not going to have too many more Crosby vs. Bergeron games left to appreciate as fans. Hope they get matched up as, teams aside, hockey doesn't get much better then when those two (and Marchand) are on the ice together.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I thought this game was last night. Two games in a row now I've looked straight past the gdt game date.
Same with the WS G3
I wondered why all these sports clubs were playing scheduled games on halloween??
heh

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I understand all of this. My point still rings true. DOC has the skills to be an NHLer. But in his showings so far he is largely noticeable but not impactful.

He needs to put himself into better spots on the ice. If he does he'll be a good player.
I'm surprised you understood it =P
I wrote it so fast I had to leave and felt it may not be so coherent and focused heh..

If you're not scoring goals or assists but you really compliment a team / line .... I mean.... it is possible you may be overlooked and discarded.... lot of middle of the pack fodder out there that doesnt have the extra .... step? skill? (watever) that makes them something a little more than middling.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Bruins fan.
Wasn't going to post but had to say the OP made me smile. Thanks for the visual.
Hope for a good game tonight as we're not going to have too many more Crosby vs. Bergeron games left to appreciate as fans. Hope they get matched up as, teams aside, hockey doesn't get much better then when those two (and Marchand) are on the ice together.
Thanks, kind stranger :)

Tell your boys to take it easy on us. We're in the dumps right now.

Reactions: b in vancouver

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Thanks, kind stranger :)

Tell your boys to take it easy on us. We're in the dumps right now.
Noooooooo....

Take it easy on the twilight year team and they'll expect it. Then they will get soff. SOFFR!
Can't be having that now... no no no...

I hope bruins just come a bulldozing on through... Penguins need to wake up

*Penguins are in 8th place.... That is the eighth wildcard place.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I'm surprised you understood it =P
I wrote it so fast I had to leave and felt it may not be so coherent and focused heh..

If you're not scoring goals or assists but you really compliment a team / line .... I mean.... it is possible you may be overlooked and discarded.... lot of middle of the pack fodder out there that doesnt have the extra .... step? skill? (watever) that makes them something a little more than middling.
I think DOC can be a good bottom 6 player. He has the athleticism to do it. He just needs to focus on getting involved in plays quicker. He's usually a step behind reactionary wise.

If he can figure out how to be a bit more cerebral he won't go back to WBS

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I think DOC can be a good bottom 6 player. He has the athleticism to do it. He just needs to focus on getting involved in plays quicker. He's usually a step behind reactionary wise.

If he can figure out how to be a bit more cerebral he won't go back to WBS
That one 'step' can be exactly what dooms him to the hell of life-long ahl career.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Pens gonna lose both games in this b2b…both the Bruins and Sabres are much better than the Pens…Tage Thompson is gonna have 8 points against CDS lol

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
That one 'step' can be exactly what dooms him to the hell of life-long ahl career.
Exactly. A ton of guys have the skillset, but fewer can process the game at this level.

I'm pulling for him but I'm guarded with my expectations. I feel less enthusiastic with him at wing so I'm real interested to see if he's more comfortable at center assuming he gets 3C duty.

Reactions: LOGiK

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Blues have lost 5 in a row. I guess we're not the only supposed good team that is struggling.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Pens gonna lose both games in this b2b…both the Bruins and Sabres are much better than the Pens…Tage Thompson is gonna have 8 points against CDS lol
6 straight losses? Not with Michael T. Sullivan, coach with a half decade contract at the helm!

Reactions: Andy99

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I mean, if the players are calling the shots, what’s the point of paying a coach? :laugh:

I got no charitable read on the situation.
You still need a coach but let's not pretend this would be the first time that a player for the Penguins had a heavy influence on who they played with.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Exactly. A ton of guys have the skillset, but fewer can process the game at this level.

I'm pulling for him but I'm guarded with my expectations. I feel less enthusiastic with him at wing so I'm real interested to see if he's more comfortable at center assuming he gets 3C duty.
I know these interviewes are somekind of bs but he seemed serious explaining his slow start to the season, something like this: I wasn't really working hard in the camp and the first few games, wasn't forechecking and pressing the play, now that i do I play better...what kind of player that fights for his NHL status comes to the camp and does not compete hard, skate hard or whatever...I am trying to remember the exact words but I could not believ when I heard...big red flag...

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Haven’t seen a Bruins game yet this year. Interested in seeing why they’re so good. I know Pasta is going off but has to be more than that.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I'd like to personally thank the Penguins for deciding to suck during the time period where I was insanely busy and unable to watch. Now that work has calmed I'll be tuned in tonight so I'd like to request a better all-around effort thanks in advance.

I went on vacation.

Came back to see Seattle outplaying them.

Hopefully they put in an effort against the Bruins who look very scary.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Right I forgot…moving Rust up with Sid is go ing to save the day….
Rakell has really held them back. Shrewd move that many coaches wouldn't make.

He could also feel that Rust is too good a linemate for Geno and didn't want G to get too comfortable. Gotta keep em on their toes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad