GDT: #10 | Boston Bruins vs Pittsburgh Penguins | 11/1/22 8:00 PM EST | For Animal Supremacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Pens vs Bruins 1.jpg

~>> 8:00PM EST <<~

The Bruins are ripping the animal kingdom apart and the Penguins are belly flopping.
Could the hubristic bears' overconfidence leave them vulnerable when facing such diminutive foes?
Will size win the day? Or might there be a twist to the tale?

This night decides which beast is the greater, once and for all!

PROJECTED LINEUPS*

:bruins
(8-1-0)

Marchand - Bergeron - DeBrusk

Hall - Krejci - Pastrnak
Zacha - Coyle - Frederic

Foligno - Nosek - Smith

Lindholm - Grzelczyk
Forbort - Clifton
Stralman - Carlo

Ullmark
Swayman

:pens
(4-4-1)

Guentzel - Crosby - Rust
Zucker - Malkin - Rakell
Heinen - Poehling - Kapanen
O'Connor - Poulin - Archibald

Dumoulin - Letang
Petterson - Petry
POJ - Rutta

Jarry

DeSmith

*Subject to change - Will edit when new info comes in

giphy.webp

greys-anatomy-grizzly-bear.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This is gonna be a loss, like the Steelers facing the Eagles lol…anyone who wants to be delusional about this team having what it takes to beat the best team in the league, have at it…let’s see what they bring…if they can look like a wholly different better team that outplays and out scores and gets better goaltending than the Bruins, I’ll just chalk up the Western Conference road trip failures as them not caring, or bringing the urgency…if they lose this game though, you have to wonder about their chances of making the POs…

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Let’s see if Sully’s seat gets toasty if they lose. I was told FSG would have no problem firing him despite the extension. Let’s see if that’s true…

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
This is gonna be a loss, like the Steelers facing the Eagles lol…anyone who wants to be delusional about this team having what it takes to beat the best team in the league, have at it…let’s see what they bring…if they can look like a wholly different better team that outplays and out scores and gets better goaltending than the Bruins, I’ll just chalk up the Western Conference road trip failures as them not caring, or bringing the urgency…if they lose this game though, you have to wonder about their chances of making the POs…

Come on Andy you know this team.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Two things:
1. I bet these boys come out FLYING. I can't imagine getting embarrassed 0-4 in Canada is sitting well with any of them. They will be looking for some vengeance. I think DOC is going to take the biggest bite he possibly can. This may be his shot to take a more permanent role on the roster. In my opinion, there are still "openings" up for grabs.

2. What happened to Carter? Had to miss the Kraken game due to Halloween-related shenanigans.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'd love to think that the Penguins do some bizarre Penguins shit here and beat Boston after looking like a bunch of doofs out West. But nah. The Bruins are gonna crush this team. And I loathe Boston, too.

And lol Malkin hat trick. Yeah. Give him ten games and maybe he'll pot three on that toothless line and with this turdwagon of a powerplay.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Hall/Krejci/Pasta versus Zucker/Malkin/Raks is gonna be a pretty appalling beatdown when it comes to matchups.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Unclear. He just was not found on the bench at some point in the middle of the game. I don't recall any incident.
Lower body injury. Day-to-day.
Thanks.

I do think we need a "Porter moment" this year. If you recall, Kevin Porter was the defacto call up in later 2015. He got hurt and was no longer available but that opened the door to call up Rust, Sheary, Kuhnhackl, and Wilson.

Carter out gives A LOT of guys a slot to come in and prove their worth - Poulin, DOC, Poehling at center which opens up a wing slot, etc.

It's never great when guys get hurt but there is a silver lining to this.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Thanks.

I do think we need a "Porter moment" this year. If you recall, Kevin Porter was the defacto call up in later 2015. He got hurt and was no longer available but that opened the door to call up Rust, Sheary, Kuhnhackl, and Wilson.

Carter out gives A LOT of guys a slot to come in and prove their worth - Poulin, DOC, Poehling at center which opens up a wing slot, etc.

It's never great when guys get hurt but there is a silver lining to this.
True. I'd wanna get Puustinen up here. Liked what I saw in his only game here, on both sides of the puck. Nylander's doing well in Wilkes too, again.
That being said, Caggiula didn't deserve this demotion or the shitty minutes he got.
But with 2 C's out they need DOC.

This also enforces my belief that it was right to keep Blue and the C depth strong.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Letang being absent is weird. I wonder if that is just a maintenance day thing or if he already managed to get hurt

Imagine we win this one just to f*** with our souls.
We might win this one if only because it's a home game and we're a completely different team at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->