GDT: #1 | Devils at FLYERS | Thursday, Oct. 13, 2022 | 7:00 pm ET | ESPN+, HULU

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Reportedly, two other teams were offering a 1st + for Risto.
Big D-men are always in demand, even more if they're RH.

Then the time to trade Risto for a 1st (which is debatable) was last February as a rental. Not after signing a 5 year contract. Teams get skittish trading for term, sans elite talent. And teams that give out term to mediocre depth players are too far up their own asshole to entertain dumping a player, for whom they paid out the same ass, for pennies.

You also have no idea if all things remain equal with the other teams who coveted Ristolainen, who got outbid by the Lord of the Idiots. Things are constantly in flux. Maybe management changed, maybe a team shifted to building, maybe a team acquired another RHD in this 14 month span, maybe they valued a rental more than a 5 year contract. He's our albatross around our neck, so get used to it.

Last edited:

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
A red popup box appears every 10 minutes or so when I change threads or pages. No I am not going to turn my adblocker off. This site is unbearable without using one.

Amen brother. I just get the constant bar at the bottom that wants me to allow HF to send me notifications. Yeah right.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Then the time to trade Risto for a 1st (which is debatable) was last February as a rental. Not after signing a 5 year contract. Teams get skittish trading for term, sans elite talent. And teams that give out term to mediocre depth players are too far up their own asshole to entertain dumping a player, for whom they paid out the same ass, for pennies.

You also have no idea if all things remain equal with the other teams who coveted Ristolainen, who got outbid by the Lord of the Idiots. Things are constantly in flux. Maybe management changed, maybe a team shifted to building, maybe a team acquired another RHD in this 14 month span, maybe they valued a rental more than a 5 year contract. He's our albatross around our neck, so get used to it.
Not sure what you're arguing about, just noting that at the time there was a market for Risto.
Remember, I wasn't in favor of either the trade for him or the extension.
But water under the bridge, basically with Torts here, we're starting from ground zero.

So I'm just hoping Torts can get Risto to play more disciplined in his D-zone, and allowed to play a bigger role in the O-zone, thus raising his value down the road.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Slow vets? Deslauriers and who else? Braun at the end of his career, but I expect him to be benched by January.
Hayes lost 8 lbs and looks faster than any time as a Flyer, JVR is in the best shape of his career.
Risto can skate, even with rocks for brains. :nod:

I think the only pre-season game that will look anything like the Flyers this season was the last one - before then, it was basically a tryout camp.

They don't have Colorado speed, but they could skate circles around the FLyer teams of the last decade.

Hayes' speed issue is inside his skull.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
This does check out looking at what’s available from the team but… who is to say the team didn’t just buy them to look good?

They can fake attendance and sale numbers all they want, but if they're there those empty red (now black after renos?) seats won't lie.

Nizzle

no hope, no future, no second chance
May 13, 2009
I guess my dream of them giving Brandon Manning another shot never materialized. Oh well, he’s doing great over in the German league.

Hope all my old friends are doing well. Let’s Go Flyers??
Too bad he doesn't have any ties to Minnesota (that I know of). Would love to see ManDawg, KevDawg and all the other key elements to success on this wonderful team.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
So question... If I get offered seats that are all inclusive (me and no one going with me paid for the seasts), aka no money spent by us... does that mean I am no longer boycotting?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
How is Ristolainen always injured? Doesn’t he work out? And consume endless calories?
He missed 16 games in his first of six seasons in Philly from four separate injuries. With him turning 28 this month and the stupid way he plays, I would guess he plays fewer than 300 games on his horrible five year extension.

He missed the first two games of 21-22.

He missed two games on 1/13/22 and 1/15/22.

He missed three games on 2/12/22, 2/15/22 and 2/17/22.

And he missed the last last nine games of 21-22.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magua and Rebels57

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
because.....
Coots might just be back
addition of TDA
I think Cates is for real
Provy has a much better year
Sanheim is playing for a contract
I think Attard is for real
Deslauriers will protect the players
Konecny will be better(maybe)(then again maybe not)
Risto will be better
goaltending is fine
.....a lot of young, fresh legs

Flyers W-I-L-L finish .500

SO THERE
:chug:

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
because.....
Coots might just be back
addition of TDA
I think Cates is for real
Provy has a much better year
Sanheim is playing for a contract
I think Attard is for real
Deslauriers will protect the players
Konecny will be better(maybe)(then again maybe not)
Risto will be better
goaltending is fine
.....a lot of young, fresh legs

Flyers W-I-L-L finish .500

SO THERE
:chug:
1665672937367.png

Or should we use

1665673048888.png

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Risto not playing improves the defense, even if that means Braun slides up and has to play over his head on the 2nd pair.

Braun sucks though.

Reactions: BiggE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad