Boston Bruins 024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I feel like when July 1st comes and there’s a couple of high end cars available with the money we have, we will then spend the money on 5 Chevettes
"Think of the gas money we'll save, and parts are cheap when they break down!
Anyway, Chevette, Corvette what's the difference? Both have 4 wheels and an engine. "DS

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
full

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Not to defend SweeNeely, but Korpisalo regain form and plays good behind our D, SweeNeely are going to look like geniuses to have him under contract for 3m 4yrs etc.

I don't care if Korpisalo plays great for Boston, he won't by the way, terrible glove hand. Why the Bruins want to allocate something close to 11 mil/year on goalies is nuts. Sweeney had better be buying this guy out, we need to improve our roster for a better playoff run and need that cap space.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
The more I research this the more infuriating it gets.

Why a bottom 6 young C? He will block either Poitras or Beecher.
Why a 30 yr old goaltender at the lowest value of his career? He will block Bussi.

Donnie has to have another move in the works with these pieces, right?

Right?
If Korpisalo had even neutral trade value, the Senators would have dumped him for future considerations long before pulling the trigger here. Retention unnecessary.

Kastelic is either Beecher or Brazeau and I like the latter two better. 13th forward

I don’t see where another deal is made

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
If I knew how to setup a poll I'd ask:

A) Trade that just happened

B) Stand pat (Ullmark walks)

C) Trade Swayman for a haul and sign Ullmark for 5 years @ 7 million

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
If Korpisalo had even neutral trade value, the Senators would have dumped him for future considerations long before pulling the trigger here. Retention unnecessary.

Kastelic is either Beecher or Brazeau and I like the latter two better. 13th forward

I don’t see where another deal is made
I am desperately trying to find a silver lining.

Reactions: Gordoff

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Again, it's about maximizing the return. Kastelic and the 1 are fine pieces for Linus. Korpisalo back at 3 mil per for 4 years, and not getting something else is insane
Korpi has the tools to be a number 1 he has shown it before. This is a buy low with that retention. The 1st is sweet. The thing is linus is being stubborn to where he wants to go and not sign a extension. Not bad return.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The more I research this the more infuriating it gets.

Why a bottom 6 young C? He will block either Poitras or Beecher.
Why a 30 yr old goaltender at the lowest value of his career? He will block Bussi.

Donnie has to have another move in the works with these pieces, right?

Right?

Flexibility. Kast is a RH and will take the strong side faceoffs while Beecher ( LH ) will take the other side. I don't think Kast block either guy.

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
Another trade in a long list of them where Sweeney shows he has absolutely no understanding of the value of players around the league.

Ottawa should’ve had to attach a first just to dump Korpisalo’s contract to any team. They basically just got Ullmark for free.

Tommy Tubs

Mar 2, 2024
Sweeney does some things well, but my problem with him is he prioritizes veteran depth, at the expense of putting resources into top line talent.

to me it feels like he probably feels like Karpisolo is less a negative and more someone he's happy to have as a vet backup at G.

This juts seems like how he spends money.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I was really looking forward to this off-season too.

Had a little cap to spend, an asset to trade. I just feel completely deflated by it.

Hope there is something else coming, but I doubt it.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
If I knew how to setup a poll I'd ask:

A) Trade that just happened

B) Stand pat (Ullmark walks)

C) Trade Swayman for a haul and sign Ullmark for 5 years @ 7 million
Since they'd never get appropriate value for Swayman....Out of these? Option 2.

I don't think committing to Ullmark long term is the answer, especially at 7 mil a year. If you can sign Swayman to 8x8, that is a far superior option than 5x7 for Ullmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad