Boston Bruins 024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
So the the return for Ullmark was a 1st and then Kastelic the throw in for obtaining Korpisalo? Maroon is probably gone. Hopefully Korpisalo is bought out. Not a great deal honestly. Bruins should have got more for doing a division rival favors.

The deal is awful. Just keep Ullmark.

Reactions: BTO

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Korpi has the tools to be a number 1 he has shown it before. This is a buy low with that retention. The 1st is sweet. The thing is linus is being stubborn to where he wants to go and not sign a extension. Not bad return.

Sweeney “ hey I’ve got this wonderful Lexus coming off its lease. It’s been solid, won a best in class award recently, zero issues when it’s well maintained, and has been worth every penny. You’ll need to figure out if you want to buy it out or not, may need to negotiate with the dealer. Worst case you can flip it again right before the lease is up to recoup cost. What can you give me?”

Staios “well I’ve got this piece of shit truck that runs every now and then that leaks oil like a sieve and has 4 more years left on the loan. I also have a lottery ticket and a run of the mill mini van that are available for next to nothing if you look on the market.”

Sweeney “ sounds good to me. I just need to put the work in to fix the truck and hope it’s not something catastrophically wrong, hit on the lottery ticket, and hope this run of the mill mini van runs well enough for what I need for. Then that should be fair value.

Done deal”

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Lets be honest Lou, how many of those 17 teams though were calling looking for Ullmark? His agent (like any good agent) was able to craft a list that essentially allowed him to have full say on where he was traded to.
So explain Markstrom then? Also explain why it needed to be done now? Literally no reason to make the deal now.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
For those wondering about a 2nd move of Korpisalo. I'm wondering if LAK is that team. The same team that acquired him at the TDL 2 seasons ago. Yes they just traded for Kuemper, but at $3 million it'd put LAK with $8.2 million tied up in goalies. Both goalies showing flashes of being able to be a #1 before.

Reactions: CellyHard

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Sweeney “ hey I’ve got this wonderful Lexus coming off its lease. It’s been solid, won a best in class award recently, zero issues when it’s well maintained, and has been worth every penny. You’ll need to figure out if you want to buy it out or not, may need to negotiate with the dealer. Worst case you can flip it again right before the lease is up to recoup cost. What can you give me?”

Staios “well I’ve got this piece of shit truck that runs every now and then that leaks oil like a sieve and has 4 more years left on the loan. I also have a lottery ticket and a run of the mill mini van that are available for next to nothing if you look on the market.”

Sweeney “ sounds good to me. I just need to put the work in to fix the truck and hope it’s not something catastrophically wrong, hit on the lottery ticket, and hope this run of the mill mini van runs well enough for what I need for. Then that should be fair value.

Done deal”

Basically this

Reactions: BTO

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
For those wondering about a 2nd move of Korpisalo. I'm wondering if LAK is that team. The same team that acquired him at the TDL 2 seasons ago. Yes they just traded for Kuemper, but at $3 million it'd put LAK with $8.2 million tied up in goalies. Both goalies showing flashes of being able to be a #1 before.
Lets hope there is another move coming. I like your thinking.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Anyone know when the buyout dates start ? My only hope for this terrible trade is for Korpisalo to be bought out.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
How do we know this? Better yet, why would an NHL team claim a goalie with ZERO NHL games knowing they have to keep him on the roster all year or offer him back to Boston.
Given the amount of dogshit goaltending in the league, a guy in a cheap deal who looks NHL ready from his Providence numbers would probably be claimed. You really don't think a team like SJ, ANA, etc wouldn't roll the dice? I do.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Not to

Done deal”
Not to mention the rust holes we call "weight reduction."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad