Boston Bruins 024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
If Sway goes to arbitration. Does the sweenanator dump him at the deadline
Well Harry doesn't run the team anymore so they'll probably keep him. This trade sucks. Sweeney probably uses the pick to trade back and get some picks for the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Otherwise I'd assume Don picks the best American available who has "good jam" and can rest on the 3rd line, because they don't have any of those guys.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Korpi has the tools to be a number 1 he has shown it before. This is a buy low with that retention. The 1st is sweet. The thing is linus is being stubborn to where he wants to go and not sign a extension. Not bad return.
For the thousandth time he had no say with 17 teams. If this is the best you can do you hold him, wait for a goalie injury or deal him at the deadline to a team that will give him an extension though. They did not have to deal him now.

Again, announced fifteen minutes before puck drop game 7 of the SCF tells you all you need about what they thought of their return

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
Wtf.....I go eat dinner figuring no trade right before game 7, and come back to 17 new pages and he is traded. At first blush I'm not loving the return. We don't need Korpisalo even at 3 million per. Sweeney needed to get more than Kastelic for taking on Korpisalo. Donny does love 4th liners though!

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Well Harry doesn't run the team anymore so they'll probably keep him. This trade sucks. Sweeney probably uses the pick to trade back and get some picks for the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Otherwise I'd assume Don picks the best American available who has "good jam" and can rest on the 3rd line, because they don't have any of those guys.
Don't forget ''200 ft. player."

• Haha
Reactions: chrisab123

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Sweeney is totally resigning Grzelcyk
IMG_0578.gif

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
For the thousandth time he had no say with 17 teams. If this is the best you can do you hold him, wait for a goalie injury or deal him at the deadline to a team that will give him an extension though. They did not have to deal him now.

Again, announced fifteen minutes before puck drop game 7 of the SCF tells you all you need about what they thought of their return

Lets be honest Lou, how many of those 17 teams though were calling looking for Ullmark? His agent (like any good agent) was able to craft a list that essentially allowed him to have full say on where he was traded to.

Mad Dr Pepper

Jun 28, 2015
Quebec
I was really looking forward to this off-season too.

Had a little cap to spend, an asset to trade. I just feel completely deflated by it.

Hope there is something else coming, but I doubt it.
That's how I feel too.

I need to stop getting excited by potential Bruins offseason moves. The only potable moves they do are at the trade deadline.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Swayman's agent can use this as leverage now. Surprised they didn't deal with that first
We've been giving Sweeney credit that he has a "handshake deal" with him. We will see. Hilarious if he takes them to arbitration for $9.5 million or holds out.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Also, what's the point of re-signing Bussi?

He's not waiver exempt anymore, and would 100% be claimed.

How do we know this? Better yet, why would an NHL team claim a goalie with ZERO NHL games knowing they have to keep him on the roster all year or offer him back to Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad