Boston Bruins 024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
Sooooo someone like this? haven't been paying attention to the draft lol

1719275495838.png

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Also Korpisalo’s number on worse defensive teams in 2022-2023 aren’t that diff from Ullmark’s numbers last year with us tbh

Reactions: Alicat

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Have to wonder how close the Bruins and Swayman are for them to take on Korpisalo.
Insurance policy? No?

Not now. Please don’t bring in the thought of swayman talks stalling out and Korpisalo being the #1 into this thread. It may explode

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Because the entire point of trading Ullmark was to shed salary.

Getting a first back is good. Taking on FOUR years of that deal to save what...2 mil? That's really really poor IMO

Unless there's a part two to this, this deal blows.
I disagree. We have plenty of cap. The entire point was to get something of value and not let him walk for nothing. We got a first. And if Korpisalo turns things around behind our defense he'll have trade value again.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
You "saved" two million this year with this deal then added 3mil per the next three seasons.

Now, maybe they work some magic with Korpi, and deal him down the road,
Yeah I have trouble imagining this.

And depends on how you look at it re: “saved” cap space. Because you took on Kastelic too. So that’s a little over a million dollars in cap flexibility gained going into free agent season.

You can argue they would have spent that anyway on a player similar. So I get it. Maybe someone can sell me on Kastelic being better than I understand.

We’re also likely going to be spending $11M/yr+ on what may be worse goaltending than we had in the bag for less than $9M. Long term.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
From Ottawas side, they want to win now.

That late first doesn’t do anything for them especially when they have a top ten pick.

Korpisalo was a dump for them.

And a JAG 4th liner.

They took that package of shit and turned it into the best goalie they’ve had in a long time. Probably since that peak of Craig Anderson for a short bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad