Boston Bruins 024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Because the entire point of trading Ullmark was to shed salary.

Getting a first back is good. Taking on FOUR years of that deal to save what...2 mil? That's really really poor IMO

Unless there's a part two to this, this deal blows.
NOBODY spins their wheels like Donnie... 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
Thing to remind ourselves of is that there doesn't appear to be an extension, so its for 1 year of ullmark as of right now.

Markstrom is for 2 years .....

So yea.

Reactions: SPV

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Guys just letting you know this is a pretty good deal for you.

Kastelic can really dominate a shift even though you won’t read that over on our board. I love the guy and am going to miss him. He’s huge and strong as hell. Again played without coaching here.

Korpisalo had some amazing games but was just inconsistent. And looked frustrated early. Our defense SUCKS. He is a good goaltender and seems like a great guy. I think you’ll like him. He has potential to be very good behind a properly structured team.

The first you should get a real good player.

See you next year. Enjoy the game tonight.
Are you here all week? Should we try the veal?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I def brought this up at some point but ullmark hasn’t played 50 games in a season, hasn’t played well in the playoffs, is unsigned, and has a not insignificant injury history. At one point before the “Chychrun and 1st” talk I thought we would have been fortunate to get a 1st. Then my expectations grew and then the trade happened and it’s like well shit I should just stick with my instincts lol

I am glad to have something to root for on draft day.

Reactions: Gordoff

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
My guess is Korpi's getting bought out after Ottawa eats a portion of his hit and we got a first. Linus held all the cards here
[/QUOTE]

Ullmark didn't force Sweeney to take Korpisalo.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
So my brain doesn’t explode, I’m gonna just pen in that Korpi gets waived and Bussi stays.

If Bussi goes. I just…can’t.
Donnie will get a 6th rounder for him and have a lame excuse. i.e. "we got a draft pick in the 6th and Cap relief of $200K. We retain $555 of his contract."

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Thing to remind ourselves of is that there doesn't appear to be an extension, so its for 1 year of ullmark as of right now.

Markstrom is for 2 years .....

So yea.

I would have rather waived Ullmark than take on Korpisalos contract

Reactions: Yeti34

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Have to wonder how close the Bruins and Swayman are for them to take on Korpisalo.
Insurance policy? No?

• Wow
Reactions: Gordoff

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Yeah Lou it sucks Donnie would not let us get the Forbort and Gryz money back he had to give it to Peeke and Korpisalo.

If we retain half someone can bury Korpisalo maybe that’s what happens.

Sweeney can get some of it back if Swayman takes a far below market deal.

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019
So a late first in a weak draft, an expensive backup that they don't need for 4 years that no one else would take for free and a 4th liner 🙄 boy oh boy.

Can't even celebrate some cap savings as there is hardly any. Would rather have just let Ullmark play out the rest of his contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad