Boston Bruins 024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I def brought this up at some point but ullmark hasn’t played 50 games in a season, hasn’t played well in the playoffs, is unsigned, and has a not insignificant injury history. At one point before the “Chychrun and 1st” talk I thought we would have been fortunate to get a 1st. Then my expectations grew and then the trade happened and it’s like well shit I should just stick with my instincts lol

I am glad to have something to root for on draft day.
Silver lining, I am right there with you. Pumped for that aspect

Zado 6/40 coming right up baby let’s goooooo
ahahahah let's gooooo

Reactions: CDJ

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I disagree. We have plenty of cap. The entire point was to get something of value and not let him walk for nothing. We got a first. And if Korpisalo turns things around behind our defense he'll have trade value again.
We don’t though. Not with what we need to add. We don’t have a ton of cap

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Again, it's about maximizing the return. Kastelic and the 1 are fine pieces for Linus. Korpisalo back at 3 mil per for 4 years, and not getting something else is insane
Not to defend SweeNeely, but Korpisalo regain form and plays good behind our D, SweeNeely are going to look like geniuses to have him under contract for 3m 4yrs etc.

• Haha
Reactions: CheerstoBeers

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Not to defend SweeNeely, but Korpisalo regain form and plays good behind our D, SweeNeely are going to look like geniuses to have him under contract for 3m 4yrs etc.
And pay swayman 8 million per is nuts

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Easily movable at that point too. One season of a .912 sv% and shipping him out is a cupcake

Reactions: UConn126

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Anyone notice how Sweeney always takes on other teams problems without extracting value...

Meanwhile he always pay a hefty premium to ship out even the smallest problems like Beleskey, Backes, Moore, Reilly, etc. It's not a good reputation.
I'll bet other GMs notice it.
Because he's got so many "Besty's" out there among the other GMs. It's like the kid in grade school who gets robbed of his lunch money and comes home with a bloody nose anyway.
Fitzy hinting about giving up the first rounder that they had but I guess that wasn't good enough. Or, was Ullmark too dumb to realize that NJ was a better all around team to play for?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I first saw the pieces and thought....this seems very underwhelming. I'm going to try and look at this objectively though.

Not much to talk about on the 1st, we know what it is. Maybe the keep it, maybe they package it to acquire another player

Korpisalo - had good numbers when he had a competent team in front of him in the Kings. Looking at OTT goaltenders in general, they weren't any better. In fact his back-up had the same SV% and a GAA that was only 0.06 better. We've seen goalie Bob help a lot of guys get back on track and become solid NHL goaltenders. If goalie Bob can get Korpisalo back to his numbers from his stint in LAK (.921 SV% / 2.13 GAA) then I think we're back to having a really strong tandem in net.

Kastelic - Isn't a wow you piece because he's not a big point producer. What he does do is win faceoffs and lay the body. In his 144 game career he's thrown 331 hits and won 56.3% of his face-offs. He's also got 23 fights in his first 3 NHL seasons. He's got size at 6'3/210lb and uses it. Still just 25yrs old so he's got some room left to develop. He's going to add size and toughness to the bottom 6 and be able to win face-offs for you. He's also going to be more than willing to defend teammates when needed. Seems like a the kind of player many Bruins fans have been screaming for.

Do I love this trade? no, but I don't hate it either. I think a lot of people too are assuming that Ullmark in OTT is going to be just as good as he was in Boston. He very well could be, but I wouldn't be surprised to see his numbers take a bit of a hit with how open and free OTT plays.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Have to wonder how close the Bruins and Swayman are for them to take on Korpisalo.
Insurance policy? No?
Well that's a terrifying thought but the Bruins can go to arbitration with Swayman

So in two years our goalie duo goes from Swayman/Ullmark to Korpisalo/DiPietro

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I feel like when July 1st comes and there’s a couple of high end cars available with the money we have, we will then spend the money on 5 Chevettes
A nice sensible Honda civic and Grave Digger the monster truck (Zado for 6/40 let’s gooooooooo)

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
Kastelic is a younger Maroon type at 25, 6 foot 4 and 225lbs, and a center. They did not get Chych, his injury history, and his soon-to-be bigger cap hit next year. He will not block Lohrei now. Hopefully, the 25th pick is a good one. Not what I was expecting, though.

Maybe they run 3 goalies, and Bussi interests some teams as another Swayman. We get another Finn back in the net; that worked last time. Remember, Ullmark did not cost us a player/picks or cash to acquire him from Buffalo. Still, I was hoping for more; maybe Ullmark not signing longer changed up the haul.

Reactions: Dr Hook

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
The more I research this the more infuriating it gets.

Why a bottom 6 young C? He will block either Poitras or Beecher.
Why a 30 yr old goaltender at the lowest value of his career? He will block Bussi.

Donnie has to have another move in the works with these pieces, right?

Right?

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Hahaha
How stupid can you be to swap 1 year of $5m in cap space for 4 years of $3m?
But but but they got back a late 1st pick.
That late 1st will be wasted on a reach anyway.
Donny doesn't disappoint, what a moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad