Boston Bruins 024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
Well we got a first, so worth paying attention to the draft again....

Hope Korpi rebounds to his LA version. Poor Bussi. How much do we save if we bury Korpi in the AHL?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It’s the $3M per which is essentially a 2 million dollar savings from Ullmark. I would have rather just keep Ullmark.
That’s fair, probably better culture wise to keep Linus giving him and Swayman’s relationship

I think we still end up top 5 defensively overall and this gives them a swing at a good prospect and 4th line tough guy that can win faceoffs. I don’t think the Korpisalo deal will be an anchor. Wouldn’t shock me if we move him at the deadline or next offseason and then make the full time backup pivot to Bussi

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Idk why people are freaking out. We had no leverage with the NTC. We got a 1st. Korpisalo could be an OK backup. Has been a starter which is good experience if Swayman gets hurt.

I take this over letting him walk next year for nothing. Swayman is ready to take the reigns full time.
Because the entire point of trading Ullmark was to shed salary.

Getting a first back is good. Taking on FOUR years of that deal to save what...2 mil? That's really really poor IMO

Unless there's a part two to this, this deal blows.

Reactions: Bodit9 and Gordoff

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
Rate were going were gonna have an entire roster of fourth liners, Sweeney loves them... Brutal that we had such a prized asset and we blew it big time trading him. Ottawa got the best player and dumped their worst contract on us . We get laughed at and deservedly so.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
Not super impressed with the return. I'm sure given the market conditions, this is about the best they could fetch. But it's not going to move the needle for next season, except that it frees up some money to use elsewhere.

The #25 overall is okay but this isn't supposed to be a strong draft. Better than no 1st round pick, possible ammunition for other moves, etc.

Not a big Kastelic fan. 4th line mucker, willing to drop the gloves but not that great at it. I assume this means Maroon is gone.

Not happy to have to take back Korpisalo. I'm assuming his stay will not be long. You're taking a goalie from a team that wanted to upgrade in net. So...

I guess this more or less matches my expectation of not getting a killer return. Others may like the return better I suppose.
It doesn't free up much money at all. $5M - $3M - $0.835M = $1.65M savings. Whoopee!

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It’s the $3M per which is essentially a 2 million dollar savings from Ullmark. I would have rather just keep Ullmark.

They basically corrected a divisional opponents biggest issue (goaltending) perhaps for the long-haul so they could save 2 million, add a fringe replacement level player, and a draft pick that will turn into some NCAA prospect we'll see turn pro maybe by 2028.

They should of just kept Ullmark.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Because the entire point of trading Ullmark was to shed salary.

Getting a first back is good. Taking on FOUR years of that deal to save what...2 mil? That's really really poor IMO

Unless there's a part two to this, this deal blows.
The first should have been for taking Korpisalo back. Kastelic plus something good should have been the return for Ullmark

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Guys just letting you know this is a pretty good deal for you.

Kastelic can really dominate a shift even though you won’t read that over on our board. I love the guy and am going to miss him. He’s huge and strong as hell. Again played without coaching here.

Korpisalo had some amazing games but was just inconsistent. And looked frustrated early. Our defense SUCKS. He is a good goaltender and seems like a great guy. I think you’ll like him. He has potential to be very good behind a properly structured team.

The first you should get a real good player.

See you next year. Enjoy the game tonight.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Spending $10.5-11 mil on the cap for your goalies in not how you win SC's. They had better be buying Korpisalo out.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
The biggest thing on HF is that people are always overvaluing their own players. I always look at trade proposals and think why would the other teams do that?

Ullmark is 31, a UFA, has never played more than 49 games (once), and has a brutal playoff record. I mean I love the guy, but not sure why we’d be getting a great return for that. We’d be steamed if it was the other way around.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
This is a bad trade. Markstrom got a better return.
Yep. Now we get to read all summer about "Ullmark wasn't going anywhere else" and all the pro management bullshit. Guy had a list of 17 teams he could go to. Wait it out. Maybe one of their goalies go down. Make Ullmark sweat an extension and you'll see how quickly he would have expanded that list. There was zero reason to do it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad